Hawkeye411
Mar 20, 09:14 AM
Man! I've got a lot to learn :o Thanks for sharing those figures. The frustrating thing is the pricing spectrum for design is so wide, it's hard for a beginner to get a decent idea of what to charge. I guess I have to look at as many pricing sources as possible and and try to distill some figures? I have the "Graphic Artist Guild" handbook, but those prices are through the roof. I imagine they're for seasoned professionals working for major clients. Thanks again!
I was quite happy paying $100 and $400. I believe that I got a great deal!!
Hope your business does very well!!
Cheers.
I was quite happy paying $100 and $400. I believe that I got a great deal!!
Hope your business does very well!!
Cheers.
MattG
Jan 4, 08:20 AM
Welp... Got Notes 7.02 today.
Visually, it looks "fatter". The fonts are more substantial. Almost bold in look. It also looks more "modern" if you will.. or more "mac-like".
The installer actually uses the default OS X installer. That's nice.
The whole BS "Lotus Notes" directory with all it's turds is replaced by a nice Notes.app applicaiton bundle. That's nice.
They added Safari as an option for URL handlers. That's nice.
It upgraded 6.5.x just fine, though I had moved my data directory to my home directory a while back, not sure (yet) how the upgrade will go if one's data directory still exists in the app's hierarchy.
It IS a Universal Binary! WooHoo!! That's REALLY nice!
It's still a carbon app. That's NOT nice. You'll notice the old MacOS watch icon. A sure sign of a carbonized app.
It still uses BinHex 4.0 as the default Mac attachment encoder. That's NOT nice.
I don't know how it handles emails with embeded java or HTML (I'm sure other users have experienced Notes crashes when reading some emails with HTML in them). Wait and see on that one.
It seems to be a bit faster, despite being a carbon app still. Wait and see on that one.
Well good to hear there are some improvements. Will have to see about downloading this today.
Visually, it looks "fatter". The fonts are more substantial. Almost bold in look. It also looks more "modern" if you will.. or more "mac-like".
The installer actually uses the default OS X installer. That's nice.
The whole BS "Lotus Notes" directory with all it's turds is replaced by a nice Notes.app applicaiton bundle. That's nice.
They added Safari as an option for URL handlers. That's nice.
It upgraded 6.5.x just fine, though I had moved my data directory to my home directory a while back, not sure (yet) how the upgrade will go if one's data directory still exists in the app's hierarchy.
It IS a Universal Binary! WooHoo!! That's REALLY nice!
It's still a carbon app. That's NOT nice. You'll notice the old MacOS watch icon. A sure sign of a carbonized app.
It still uses BinHex 4.0 as the default Mac attachment encoder. That's NOT nice.
I don't know how it handles emails with embeded java or HTML (I'm sure other users have experienced Notes crashes when reading some emails with HTML in them). Wait and see on that one.
It seems to be a bit faster, despite being a carbon app still. Wait and see on that one.
Well good to hear there are some improvements. Will have to see about downloading this today.
j33pd0g
Aug 16, 05:27 PM
My jeep... my guitar... and an aiff file.
macbookpro45
Jun 20, 12:36 PM
Yeah...looking to see what time you're getting there / if you want to meet up and coordinate broom breaks or whatever. pm me or post here.
more...
Feisty49
Mar 30, 08:30 AM
I finally found an answer to this question on an Apple site. Nothing is transparent and it took me a while. The answer is: I didn't have the earphone connection to the unit snapped into place. It was connected but who knew it had to be pushed firmly to snap in. I do now! :p
neko girl
Apr 26, 09:56 PM
Sorry, but black people using the n word is no better than any other ethnicity doing it.
You fail to understand the reason why it is used and the context behind it. Given that you've brought it up, I doubt my explanation will sway you.
You fail to understand the reason why it is used and the context behind it. Given that you've brought it up, I doubt my explanation will sway you.
more...
doucy2
Dec 15, 07:18 PM
ide like to know also
are there better options out there then my built in quicksilver audio
are there better options out there then my built in quicksilver audio
hokullani
Jul 26, 09:27 PM
well if apple is going to rely on sony for bluray then they will have to wait cuz sony is gonna use them all up on the PS3
more...
reubs
Sep 11, 09:05 AM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/118566/Sushi.png
This is weird and kind of disgusting, but I'd like to know where it came from...
Thanks!
This is weird and kind of disgusting, but I'd like to know where it came from...
Thanks!
AZREOSpecialist
Apr 28, 11:36 AM
I'm not sure how Apple can be disappointed with iPhone's CDMA numbers. First of all, it took far too long for the iPhone to go CDMA. Apple was foolish to sign a 5 year exclusivity agreement with AT&T in a market where technology can be turned upside down in 12 months. Did Apple really think there would be no competition within that 5 year time frame?
Apple handed market share to Android, and continues to do so with its 1+ year product update cycles. Look, Apple, this is what frustrated us when you were using Motorola chips in the Mac - you blamed Motorola for your update cycles because they were not improving the G4/G5 series processors. Then you switched to Intel, which improved the update cycle a bit for iMacs and MacBooks.
Apple's competitors update their products twice a year. The Xoom is going to have a successor in a few months. Look at how quickly Android smartphones are being updated with the latest and greatest technology. Apple just can't sit still while their competition is grinding out one great product after another. Eventually people will see past cosmetic UI differences and go with the phone their friend has, or what their family uses, etc., and that is quickly going to be Android.
Apple stock is down almost 3% today, not sure if it's because of the news or profit taking among shareholders, but it's definitely something to watch. All the analysts are predicting their stock to go to $400-$500, but with Android gaining so much traction I fail to see how this is possible.
I wanted very much to buy an iPad 2. But after seeing the dismal display and camera quality in person, and the fact that it didn't offer anything new or exciting over the iPad 1, I decided to wait for the Android tablets to hit in force and compare them to iPad 3. All I can say to Apple is that the iPhone 5 and iPad 3 better blow us all away, and they better be more than just incremental updates. If all we get this year is an iPhone 4S, Apple is going to lose this battle.
For Apple, the future rests with iOS 5. It better be good.
Apple handed market share to Android, and continues to do so with its 1+ year product update cycles. Look, Apple, this is what frustrated us when you were using Motorola chips in the Mac - you blamed Motorola for your update cycles because they were not improving the G4/G5 series processors. Then you switched to Intel, which improved the update cycle a bit for iMacs and MacBooks.
Apple's competitors update their products twice a year. The Xoom is going to have a successor in a few months. Look at how quickly Android smartphones are being updated with the latest and greatest technology. Apple just can't sit still while their competition is grinding out one great product after another. Eventually people will see past cosmetic UI differences and go with the phone their friend has, or what their family uses, etc., and that is quickly going to be Android.
Apple stock is down almost 3% today, not sure if it's because of the news or profit taking among shareholders, but it's definitely something to watch. All the analysts are predicting their stock to go to $400-$500, but with Android gaining so much traction I fail to see how this is possible.
I wanted very much to buy an iPad 2. But after seeing the dismal display and camera quality in person, and the fact that it didn't offer anything new or exciting over the iPad 1, I decided to wait for the Android tablets to hit in force and compare them to iPad 3. All I can say to Apple is that the iPhone 5 and iPad 3 better blow us all away, and they better be more than just incremental updates. If all we get this year is an iPhone 4S, Apple is going to lose this battle.
For Apple, the future rests with iOS 5. It better be good.
more...
bigpics
Mar 31, 03:35 PM
The same thing we're doing on Mac desktops/laptops...right now. I'm no naysayer, the iDevices are what they are. I think the iPad/iPhone/iToy whatever name everyone attaches to them are innovative consumer devices. I think some of the backlash you are seeing is because the professional "Truck Drivin' " Apple users are wanting a bit more focus and attention on the devices that actually create the vast majority of content the iDevices were created to enjoy.
Let's face it...at the moment you're not going to be using an iThing to create the latest amazing 3D CG animation or mind blowing game and by the time those devices can do that...well, we'll be able to shout about it to each other's holograms at that point.
As someone said earlier, these devices are a great supplement to a more powerful Mac.No fundamental disagreement with what you ARE saying here - these are, yes, marvelous devices for consumers - and, no, I'm by no means ready to give up driving my "truck," but it doesn't state all the facts in play.
Ubiquitous, roaming, fluid computing in both phone-sized and less than 1.5 pound touch tab machines with useful battery lives are capabilities PC's don't even have, and the advantages of these are hardly limited to consumers. Which along with other factors is why something like 80%+ of Fortune 1000 companies are actively evaluating multiple iStuff for innovative business use. The applications and advantages in the medical and retail fields alone already seem limitless.
The storage will grow. The speed will increase. The screens will get better. The touch capacities more refined. The OS more capable. The UI more extensible. The SDK more robust. The peripherals more diverse. The form factors more innovative. The apps more capable. The "ecosystems" more evolved and intertwined. The number of things iDevices uniquely do will increase. The cloud (the big OS in the Sky of which all our devices are becoming clients) will become more, well, I'm running out of adjectives, but you get the idea.
It is also true that PCs and Servers and Mainframes and Routers and printing and wireless networking (and image capture and editing and distribution, etc.) will also continue to improve and evolve apace - Moore's law lives after all - and iDevices will become even better consumer appliances - but that in no way discounts the fact that these new gadgets will become, and in fact are already becoming, increasingly important to more and more "serious people doing serious things."
Some NY-based company back in the early 20th Century adopted the famous motto "Think." Some later upstart CA-based company in the late 20th amended that to "Think Different." Both are still around, doing great, and both still rely on those nostrums which lay at their roots.
The only problem I foresee is that you'll have to be careful to leave your 2020 iWhatever's phaser capabilities set to "stun."
Cheers! ;)
Let's face it...at the moment you're not going to be using an iThing to create the latest amazing 3D CG animation or mind blowing game and by the time those devices can do that...well, we'll be able to shout about it to each other's holograms at that point.
As someone said earlier, these devices are a great supplement to a more powerful Mac.No fundamental disagreement with what you ARE saying here - these are, yes, marvelous devices for consumers - and, no, I'm by no means ready to give up driving my "truck," but it doesn't state all the facts in play.
Ubiquitous, roaming, fluid computing in both phone-sized and less than 1.5 pound touch tab machines with useful battery lives are capabilities PC's don't even have, and the advantages of these are hardly limited to consumers. Which along with other factors is why something like 80%+ of Fortune 1000 companies are actively evaluating multiple iStuff for innovative business use. The applications and advantages in the medical and retail fields alone already seem limitless.
The storage will grow. The speed will increase. The screens will get better. The touch capacities more refined. The OS more capable. The UI more extensible. The SDK more robust. The peripherals more diverse. The form factors more innovative. The apps more capable. The "ecosystems" more evolved and intertwined. The number of things iDevices uniquely do will increase. The cloud (the big OS in the Sky of which all our devices are becoming clients) will become more, well, I'm running out of adjectives, but you get the idea.
It is also true that PCs and Servers and Mainframes and Routers and printing and wireless networking (and image capture and editing and distribution, etc.) will also continue to improve and evolve apace - Moore's law lives after all - and iDevices will become even better consumer appliances - but that in no way discounts the fact that these new gadgets will become, and in fact are already becoming, increasingly important to more and more "serious people doing serious things."
Some NY-based company back in the early 20th Century adopted the famous motto "Think." Some later upstart CA-based company in the late 20th amended that to "Think Different." Both are still around, doing great, and both still rely on those nostrums which lay at their roots.
The only problem I foresee is that you'll have to be careful to leave your 2020 iWhatever's phaser capabilities set to "stun."
Cheers! ;)
Sethii
Apr 9, 04:05 AM
I have bought some IPad Apps and install it on my IPad I.
How can I move them to my new IPad II ?
Thanks.
Sethii
How can I move them to my new IPad II ?
Thanks.
Sethii
more...
tredstone
Apr 16, 11:26 AM
How did you do the Tiger dock in SL?
SuperCachetes
Apr 17, 08:44 AM
Ponzi schemes FTW. Europe will need 20 million immigrants by 2030 and way more by 2050 in order to maintain their lifestyle, or we could be monsters and kill old people.
Or we could all be straight? :rolleyes:
Or we could all be straight? :rolleyes:
more...
longofest
Oct 31, 08:58 AM
How can you pre-order if the 2GB shuffle is not even on Apple's website?
Tell me that's a joke. I even put a clarification in the story this time. 2G = SECOND GENERATION
Tell me that's a joke. I even put a clarification in the story this time. 2G = SECOND GENERATION
Bawstun
Apr 28, 06:32 PM
I have Dragon Dictation, and I love it...but you have to open the app each time, then tap more buttons on the screen to insert it into a text message, a twitter update, etc.
Has anyone come up with a jailbreak extensions that adds the functionality of Dragon Dictation natively to SMS, email etc?
The one thing I miss from my old Android phone.
Has anyone come up with a jailbreak extensions that adds the functionality of Dragon Dictation natively to SMS, email etc?
The one thing I miss from my old Android phone.
more...
4JNA
Mar 31, 12:28 PM
Most paste can take up to a week or two to take it's full effect.
second that. takes a bit for everything to line up and get useful.
mmm - Geekbench score 732. woohoo
temp is sitting at around 46-47 degrees C or 117 degrees F at idle. A bit better than before the MX-2 paste.
Lets see what 2Gb of ram does
sounding good so far. i would think those temps would come down a bit more after getting set. the fans at 12v (with quiet fans) is a good idea to move as much air a possible, as long as the noise is not a problem of course.
more ram will make everything better, but will also raise the ambient temps in the case as ram does get warm.
can't wait to see how it all ends. and pics. :)
second that. takes a bit for everything to line up and get useful.
mmm - Geekbench score 732. woohoo
temp is sitting at around 46-47 degrees C or 117 degrees F at idle. A bit better than before the MX-2 paste.
Lets see what 2Gb of ram does
sounding good so far. i would think those temps would come down a bit more after getting set. the fans at 12v (with quiet fans) is a good idea to move as much air a possible, as long as the noise is not a problem of course.
more ram will make everything better, but will also raise the ambient temps in the case as ram does get warm.
can't wait to see how it all ends. and pics. :)
arn
Oct 31, 10:43 AM
You can remove your recommendation (set the rank to "Del")
It doesn't matter if there's a song with zero recommendations.
Eventually, we can purge them.
arn
It doesn't matter if there's a song with zero recommendations.
Eventually, we can purge them.
arn
jent
May 3, 12:29 AM
That's a jailbreak tweak that isn't present in an official installation of iOS.
davidjacobs21
Mar 11, 02:24 PM
Isnt willowbrook closed becasue of flooding?
VanneDC
Mar 28, 03:02 AM
i use mentholated spirits (is that the same as the US of A calls rubbing alcahol?) works a treat. :)
MAC-PRO-DEMON
Apr 9, 08:22 AM
It's got to be this beauty *dreaming*
Ferrari 250 TDF
http://www.whatonemillionbuys.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/ferrari-250-gt-tour-de-france-berlinetta-front.jpg
Ferrari 250 TDF
http://www.whatonemillionbuys.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/ferrari-250-gt-tour-de-france-berlinetta-front.jpg
Wenkat
May 9, 09:56 AM
I have a new 27" imac running Elgato EyeTV hybrid and have connected the wii through the composite video input. The problem I am having is that there is a significant time lag (delay) with the wii remotes so that you cannot play games like tennis that require precise timing. You hear the sound on the remote but the action does not happen on the screen immediately. Anyone else got this problem or an idea on how to fix it?
Warbrain
Jan 16, 09:23 AM
http://today.reuters.com/news/articleinvesting.aspx?view=CN&storyID=2007-01-16T003528Z_01_N14341892_RTRIDST_0_MACWORLD-CES.XML&rpc=66&type=qcna
Interesting read about how Macworld really stole the show from CES - no surprise to us. It even mentions that some people in meetings at CES got e-mails about the iPhone and spread it around the meetings.
Interesting read about how Macworld really stole the show from CES - no surprise to us. It even mentions that some people in meetings at CES got e-mails about the iPhone and spread it around the meetings.
No comments:
Post a Comment