
Chundles
Sep 24, 06:27 PM
All this stuff about "living under mum and dad's roof" is all well and good but it's not gonna work.
The guy is 18 and therefore you have no say in it. If you want to show him you trust him, make sure he is having safe sex (ask him "are you using a condom" - don't beat around the bush, it's sex, it's not anything to be ashamed of) and send him on his merry way.
It's time to let him make his own mistakes and decisions and the best thing you can do is to love and support him through it all. I was a good teenager, same sort of thing as your son - good grades (not that these mean you're a good person), nice friends, stable ideals but I found the sudden leap into adulthood one of the hardest things to do because I was suddenly in charge of my own life. My parents - though they vehemently opposed some of my decisions - supported me through them no matter what and that helped me to realise for myself my own interpretations of right and wrong and allowed me to grow as a person.
So don't treat him any differently, just make sure he knows the facts and is not doing anything unsafe, and let him go. There's no reason you can''t voice your disapproval but make sure he knows that this is his call and that you love him no matter what.
The guy is 18 and therefore you have no say in it. If you want to show him you trust him, make sure he is having safe sex (ask him "are you using a condom" - don't beat around the bush, it's sex, it's not anything to be ashamed of) and send him on his merry way.
It's time to let him make his own mistakes and decisions and the best thing you can do is to love and support him through it all. I was a good teenager, same sort of thing as your son - good grades (not that these mean you're a good person), nice friends, stable ideals but I found the sudden leap into adulthood one of the hardest things to do because I was suddenly in charge of my own life. My parents - though they vehemently opposed some of my decisions - supported me through them no matter what and that helped me to realise for myself my own interpretations of right and wrong and allowed me to grow as a person.
So don't treat him any differently, just make sure he knows the facts and is not doing anything unsafe, and let him go. There's no reason you can''t voice your disapproval but make sure he knows that this is his call and that you love him no matter what.
CarsonGallo
Apr 30, 04:16 PM
More specifically its supposed to be in Safari. Heres the link to the article (http://goo.gl/BjYWf) http://photos.appleinsider.com/readinglist-110430.jpg
Chupa Chupa
Apr 4, 10:38 AM
This is rather amusing. People rush out to buy cheesy $30 iPhone Bumpers that cost .10 to make or some other overpriced case and have no issue. Many even buy multiples before they decide on one.
But ATT raises the cost of a early upgrade phone by $50 and people go bonkers.
1) It's an early upgrade. Do you really need to upgrade your phone sooner than every 18 months? If you do, that is your decision as a consumer. You certainly have no God given right to a cheap upgrade though. Stop whining.
2) Inflation is here. Deal with it. Have you been to the grocery store lately? It's the price we pay when the Fed prints money like Chinese knock-offs.
3) Last I checked the government enacts laws regarding the cell phone industry and also regulates the frequencies. There has never been anything stopping either congress or the executive branch or independent commissions from imposing rules to require cellcos to unlock phones after x months of service or to require them to sell unlocked phones.
But ATT raises the cost of a early upgrade phone by $50 and people go bonkers.
1) It's an early upgrade. Do you really need to upgrade your phone sooner than every 18 months? If you do, that is your decision as a consumer. You certainly have no God given right to a cheap upgrade though. Stop whining.
2) Inflation is here. Deal with it. Have you been to the grocery store lately? It's the price we pay when the Fed prints money like Chinese knock-offs.
3) Last I checked the government enacts laws regarding the cell phone industry and also regulates the frequencies. There has never been anything stopping either congress or the executive branch or independent commissions from imposing rules to require cellcos to unlock phones after x months of service or to require them to sell unlocked phones.

rxse7en
Jul 26, 11:28 PM
Just make sure your cable provider allows you to record from it. Make sure the signals are not encrypted.
I purchased EyeTV500 and after I figure out the only way to record HDTV was from over the air antenna. I returned it to Elgato after I found out I would have to spend good amount of money buying a really good outdoor antenna plus make holes in the wall and etc. to be able to connect it to my EyeTV and computer.
That's a good point! Grrrr... Always something. I just checked ElGato's site and they don't offer an HDTV over Sat solution that I can see.
B
I purchased EyeTV500 and after I figure out the only way to record HDTV was from over the air antenna. I returned it to Elgato after I found out I would have to spend good amount of money buying a really good outdoor antenna plus make holes in the wall and etc. to be able to connect it to my EyeTV and computer.
That's a good point! Grrrr... Always something. I just checked ElGato's site and they don't offer an HDTV over Sat solution that I can see.
B
more...
MacShadow
Aug 5, 12:22 PM
Only on a mac could I make something so difficult so easy. All audio and effects using my Mac.

Matth�
Jul 2, 05:07 PM
after unintentionally disconnecting a firewire HD without unmounting, I can no longer see the disk on my desktop & finder.
mount or disk utility however does see it and tells me nothing is wrong.
I can even search it and open files on it.
But i still need to physically see it for running an classic app.
Anyone familiar with this?
mount or disk utility however does see it and tells me nothing is wrong.
I can even search it and open files on it.
But i still need to physically see it for running an classic app.
Anyone familiar with this?
more...
Lacero
Feb 12, 10:58 PM
I guess, "Imagine a Beowulf cluster of MR mods..." would be out of the question too? LOL. ;)
kre62
Mar 27, 09:41 PM
This is really funny. Hello, I would like to introduce myself. I'm the infamous seller! :) How are you guys. It's funny that most people here are laughing about the stupidity of others like myself.
But anyway, this is in no way illegal. I would know, being a student of law. In addition, eBay AND PayPal have sided with me on this matter MULTIPLE times. The only time PayPal sided with the buyer was when they claimed they never got it and I had no shipping proof. The item is accurately described, end of story. Stop crying about it and be more responsible.
Just an ending note, I've made over $2,000 doing this before and used it to buy two amazing Les Pauls. ;)
Thanks!
- Dan
People like you cant make the connection between legal and moral. A good person with a good set of morals does not rely on the law to dictate what they can and can not do. Only a lazy and inconsiderate person bases their life on legal vs illegal.
A law makes something illegal only when its needed, when the morals of the people fail in a certain area and order is needed. Stop relying on the state to dictate your life, and choose to live as a good person regardless of law.
Under that standard, your auction is clearly immoral, evil, deceptive, and all other kinds of wrong. Thats a lot of negative energy coming your way.
But anyway, this is in no way illegal. I would know, being a student of law. In addition, eBay AND PayPal have sided with me on this matter MULTIPLE times. The only time PayPal sided with the buyer was when they claimed they never got it and I had no shipping proof. The item is accurately described, end of story. Stop crying about it and be more responsible.
Just an ending note, I've made over $2,000 doing this before and used it to buy two amazing Les Pauls. ;)
Thanks!
- Dan
People like you cant make the connection between legal and moral. A good person with a good set of morals does not rely on the law to dictate what they can and can not do. Only a lazy and inconsiderate person bases their life on legal vs illegal.
A law makes something illegal only when its needed, when the morals of the people fail in a certain area and order is needed. Stop relying on the state to dictate your life, and choose to live as a good person regardless of law.
Under that standard, your auction is clearly immoral, evil, deceptive, and all other kinds of wrong. Thats a lot of negative energy coming your way.
more...
wywern209
Sep 11, 12:45 AM
Would you be so kind to post this wallpaper please? Thank you!
<snip>
link (http://wallpaper.skins.be/kelly-brook/38364/1280x800/) hre you go. I used tineye.
<snip>
link (http://wallpaper.skins.be/kelly-brook/38364/1280x800/) hre you go. I used tineye.

sydia21
Feb 10, 06:35 AM
I know that this is out of left field but does anybody know if switiching from a 1400 family plan to a 700 family plan but still paying over $100 in monthly charges affect the yearly updgrade for the primary line.
I'm looking to downgrade as I have over 7000 roll over minutes and save $20.00 but I wouldn't be worth it if I lose my yearly upgrade.
I'm looking to downgrade as I have over 7000 roll over minutes and save $20.00 but I wouldn't be worth it if I lose my yearly upgrade.
more...
Sweener88
Oct 10, 01:13 AM
I have ten that rotate every minute:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4153/5064200331_3662fe867a_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4087/5064813694_dbe178a666_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4093/5064200425_5d7888b35b_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4085/5064813810_600c27ec38_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4133/5064200643_2bae743cdd_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4103/5064200707_ce5e8e3d8b_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4091/5064814102_67685cae7b_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4113/5064814202_5a8ce14205_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4129/5064814326_62ef46368c_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4127/5064201081_0ea2efa18c_b.jpg
Whered u get that dock!? :)
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4153/5064200331_3662fe867a_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4087/5064813694_dbe178a666_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4093/5064200425_5d7888b35b_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4085/5064813810_600c27ec38_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4133/5064200643_2bae743cdd_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4103/5064200707_ce5e8e3d8b_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4091/5064814102_67685cae7b_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4113/5064814202_5a8ce14205_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4129/5064814326_62ef46368c_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4127/5064201081_0ea2efa18c_b.jpg
Whered u get that dock!? :)
paul4339
Apr 13, 12:30 PM
I think they invented that.
... fashion industry
... fashion industry
more...
mad jew
Oct 21, 07:06 AM
I know some birds who might be interested (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=128001).

liketom
Jul 9, 05:12 PM
yes i buy it and find it very good, the how to guides are top notch
more...
eric_n_dfw
Apr 7, 05:07 PM
How on earth would you play Defender on an iPad? Even with the iCade, it doesn't have enough buttons, does it?
True.
The 2600 version of it was a poor excuse for a port, mostly because all you had was the joystick and single button.
True.
The 2600 version of it was a poor excuse for a port, mostly because all you had was the joystick and single button.
skunk
Mar 2, 04:29 PM
Me too.I don't think even that will save it.
more...
mullets
Apr 7, 09:10 AM
i sure hope this fixes my issues with getting itunes to recognize my iphone 4 in order to sync and add/remove music. for the past month or so, since itunes 10.2 released, and then iOS 4.3.1 came out i have been having issues getting my phone to recognize. as a work around, when i restart the "mobile device service" it instantly recognizes the phone and everything is wonderful again.
i hate that this glitch exists, and i hate that i have to plug my iphone into itunes in order to sync my contacts, how useless is that?! the iphone remains the best phone in the world, but seriously apple, y'all need some help when it comes to the most basic of things, such as wireless syncing...
i hate that this glitch exists, and i hate that i have to plug my iphone into itunes in order to sync my contacts, how useless is that?! the iphone remains the best phone in the world, but seriously apple, y'all need some help when it comes to the most basic of things, such as wireless syncing...
robbieduncan
Apr 19, 04:51 AM
I imagine it's linked to the spy not working (and the attachments server being funky)...
Clive At Five
Nov 29, 12:54 PM
So many good points have already been brought up. Just a couple more thoughts to add:
First: Part of the rising cost of movies is because the industry chooses to use "superstar" actors. There are so many other actors out there that are equally as good, if not better than the big names... except the industry is too stubborn to try this *slightly* riskier approach. They would very likely save money in the long-run.
Second: The DVD is a versative piece of equipment. It can be played on a huge number of devices... your DVD player, your friends' DVD players, your computer's DVD drive, etc. The only thing you can't do legally with a DVD is rip it to your computer or make copies in any other way. Why, then, should we be robbed by being limited to 5 iTunes-equipped and owner-varified COMPUTERS (although iTV/TelePort will likely change this)? PLUS, the movie is of lesser quality. The industries might be afraid of piracy, yes, but they should be less afraid of iTunes content than physical DVDs. It's very likely that anyone who is computer savvy enough to run an iTunes movie through a DRM cracker would also be savvy enough to simply rip the DVDs they own... and perhaps the most savviest of users will forego buying all together and order/rip from NetFlix. So there are more prominent enemies for the studios to lash out against besides Apple.
In the industy's defense, since it is their copyrighted content, they technically get to set the rules. They're just being unreasonable about where they're deciding to be strict about it. This whole issue is a perfect example of "The harder you squeeze wet sand, the more slips through your fingers."
-Clive
First: Part of the rising cost of movies is because the industry chooses to use "superstar" actors. There are so many other actors out there that are equally as good, if not better than the big names... except the industry is too stubborn to try this *slightly* riskier approach. They would very likely save money in the long-run.
Second: The DVD is a versative piece of equipment. It can be played on a huge number of devices... your DVD player, your friends' DVD players, your computer's DVD drive, etc. The only thing you can't do legally with a DVD is rip it to your computer or make copies in any other way. Why, then, should we be robbed by being limited to 5 iTunes-equipped and owner-varified COMPUTERS (although iTV/TelePort will likely change this)? PLUS, the movie is of lesser quality. The industries might be afraid of piracy, yes, but they should be less afraid of iTunes content than physical DVDs. It's very likely that anyone who is computer savvy enough to run an iTunes movie through a DRM cracker would also be savvy enough to simply rip the DVDs they own... and perhaps the most savviest of users will forego buying all together and order/rip from NetFlix. So there are more prominent enemies for the studios to lash out against besides Apple.
In the industy's defense, since it is their copyrighted content, they technically get to set the rules. They're just being unreasonable about where they're deciding to be strict about it. This whole issue is a perfect example of "The harder you squeeze wet sand, the more slips through your fingers."
-Clive
flopticalcube
Apr 12, 11:50 AM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1135461
Vitruviux
Mar 10, 06:24 AM
OK, thanks!
Sent.
Sent.
rnizlek
Feb 10, 12:04 PM
UGH. Been getting this damn error for the past couple of hours:
F932: We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are conducting maintenance which prevents us from updating your account information. Please retry your transaction again in one hour.
I was having the same issue. I finally called AT&T, after 20 minutes of trying to add the feature to my account the rep told me he'd call me back after looking into it some more. About 15 minutes later he called back and said it still wasn't working and that he and others would need to do some extended research into the matter and that he would call me back when they were done. That was several hours ago.
I have the 450 minute plan for $39.99 and the 2 GB Data Pro with 1000 messages at the moment. I also get a FAN discount, but I doubt that would be screwing things up.
F932: We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are conducting maintenance which prevents us from updating your account information. Please retry your transaction again in one hour.
I was having the same issue. I finally called AT&T, after 20 minutes of trying to add the feature to my account the rep told me he'd call me back after looking into it some more. About 15 minutes later he called back and said it still wasn't working and that he and others would need to do some extended research into the matter and that he would call me back when they were done. That was several hours ago.
I have the 450 minute plan for $39.99 and the 2 GB Data Pro with 1000 messages at the moment. I also get a FAN discount, but I doubt that would be screwing things up.
LukaStellwag
Apr 20, 02:13 PM
Hi there,
I have the new mbp with the 128 gb ssd and thus very limited space. I'd like to install some apps from the app store on a seperate, external hdd (for example games, which I rarely play but don't want to delete).
How is this possible?
I have the new mbp with the 128 gb ssd and thus very limited space. I'd like to install some apps from the app store on a seperate, external hdd (for example games, which I rarely play but don't want to delete).
How is this possible?
mags631
Nov 22, 06:51 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)
It goes to show you that they can still make a profit with $100 off. I guess the price gouging by Apple continues.
If you are worried by Apple's margins, you shouldn't buy software or clothes.
It goes to show you that they can still make a profit with $100 off. I guess the price gouging by Apple continues.
If you are worried by Apple's margins, you shouldn't buy software or clothes.
No comments:
Post a Comment