bri1212
Dec 24, 08:40 AM
Do we all like price fixing ?
Apple products are too often kept at RRP - not sure if its always by agreements with apple - "don't discount more than 10% or lose authorised reseller status"
Obviously good for apple products, but not for the consumer.
My understanding of price fixing, is when two competing manufacturers sell the same type of product and agree to only sell at a certain price, usually to keep the product at an unnaturally higher price then necessary. An example of this would be if Apple, contacted Samsung, and discussed making their tablet computer for sale at a certain price, to keep the price igher so that both companies would make more profit.
However, this is not the case with the Ipad. Most electronic products are given a manufacturers retail price, and you as the retail store, do not have the right to sell at a larger than agreed upon discount. The way some companies get around this is by packaging products and accessories together. This is done by every major manufacturer, from Apple, Sony, Samsung, Sharp, Nintendo, Microsoft, etc... Go check the Tv's in Best Buy, and then check Fry's, and then some other retailers, they will all be the same price essentially. Look at the PSP's or PS3 or the Wii. All are price controlled by the manufacturer. there is nothing illegal about this. By using the term price fixing, your intimating that they are illegally controlling the price, but this is not the case.
Apple products are too often kept at RRP - not sure if its always by agreements with apple - "don't discount more than 10% or lose authorised reseller status"
Obviously good for apple products, but not for the consumer.
My understanding of price fixing, is when two competing manufacturers sell the same type of product and agree to only sell at a certain price, usually to keep the product at an unnaturally higher price then necessary. An example of this would be if Apple, contacted Samsung, and discussed making their tablet computer for sale at a certain price, to keep the price igher so that both companies would make more profit.
However, this is not the case with the Ipad. Most electronic products are given a manufacturers retail price, and you as the retail store, do not have the right to sell at a larger than agreed upon discount. The way some companies get around this is by packaging products and accessories together. This is done by every major manufacturer, from Apple, Sony, Samsung, Sharp, Nintendo, Microsoft, etc... Go check the Tv's in Best Buy, and then check Fry's, and then some other retailers, they will all be the same price essentially. Look at the PSP's or PS3 or the Wii. All are price controlled by the manufacturer. there is nothing illegal about this. By using the term price fixing, your intimating that they are illegally controlling the price, but this is not the case.

leekohler
Apr 15, 07:50 AM
People didn't seem to care about the "gay plague" because it only affected gays. People cared about Ryan White and the Ray brothers, they didn't care about iniquitous obnoxious gays and lesbians.
Wow...just wow. So now you claim to speak for all of society back then? Unbelievable. And please, don't hold back on your feeling regarding us. You keep exposing yourself for what you truly are.
So then they had sex with the person of opposite gender, they adopted or test tube baby.
So what? What is your point?
I have no interest in destroying you, I have no interest in harming you. You imply I want to physically hurt homosexuals, but I do not.
Political harm to me is violence. Do cannot deny that you wish to withhold rights from us.
As with anything in history, there's a right balance and a need for both violence and diplomacy together in order for one group to obtain favorable circumstances...or simply dominate another group. The truth is that humans don't "live in peace". Our whole existance is actually due to the fact that we kill eachother. Otherwise, we would just be like any other lower animal.
Sad, but true. Diplomacy should always be the first approach. But it doesn't always work. I've found out the hard way, believe me.
Wow...just wow. So now you claim to speak for all of society back then? Unbelievable. And please, don't hold back on your feeling regarding us. You keep exposing yourself for what you truly are.
So then they had sex with the person of opposite gender, they adopted or test tube baby.
So what? What is your point?
I have no interest in destroying you, I have no interest in harming you. You imply I want to physically hurt homosexuals, but I do not.
Political harm to me is violence. Do cannot deny that you wish to withhold rights from us.
As with anything in history, there's a right balance and a need for both violence and diplomacy together in order for one group to obtain favorable circumstances...or simply dominate another group. The truth is that humans don't "live in peace". Our whole existance is actually due to the fact that we kill eachother. Otherwise, we would just be like any other lower animal.
Sad, but true. Diplomacy should always be the first approach. But it doesn't always work. I've found out the hard way, believe me.
r0n1n
Apr 13, 11:27 PM
Here's mine. :)
munkle
Feb 14, 12:48 PM
Just to let know everybody that i just sent my first complain about edesignuk as a moderator.
Dare I ask what about?
Dare I ask what about?
more...
Intarweb
Apr 7, 08:40 AM
Battery life has been awful since the upgrade and seems to be getting worse. Daily charges and sometimes more frequent. This is after charging at the soonest 1.5 days since I got the iPhone 4.
Beck4164
Apr 24, 05:49 AM
Anyone going to be at the Derby Street store for the 3G launch.
Has anyone camped out at derby street for past launchs? whats the best time to get there?
Has anyone camped out at derby street for past launchs? whats the best time to get there?
more...
musicman0725
Feb 10, 08:56 PM
Does AT&T now give A-list with the 700 minute Nation Family Talk plan? The website has a plus next to it indicating it does?
Does anyone know for sure?
I'm curious about this as well. Has anyone with the 700 minute Family Talk successfully gotten the A-List feature? If so, was it online or did you have to call?
Does anyone know for sure?
I'm curious about this as well. Has anyone with the 700 minute Family Talk successfully gotten the A-List feature? If so, was it online or did you have to call?
mad jew
Sep 25, 11:39 PM
My Brother MFC-somethingorother is excellent. I don't get curled paper, it connected wirelessly to my PC and Macs flawlessly, and it doesn't go through much toner. :)
more...
JustMe74
May 6, 11:20 AM
How do I do it?
I have both an iPod Touch and an iPhone; currently set to sync the music to the iPod and the apps to the iPhone. When my new iMac arrives, how do I move everything over? I have the library consolidated to one folder on my PC.
I have both an iPod Touch and an iPhone; currently set to sync the music to the iPod and the apps to the iPhone. When my new iMac arrives, how do I move everything over? I have the library consolidated to one folder on my PC.

mattwolfmatt
May 2, 04:32 PM
Those macrumors members either have really big biceps or really small hands. ;)
It's all perspective. The biceps are closer to the camera than the hands. This is why, when taking pictures of fish, you always extend your arms toward the camera.
It's all perspective. The biceps are closer to the camera than the hands. This is why, when taking pictures of fish, you always extend your arms toward the camera.
more...
ianp
Jan 25, 10:08 AM
Hi All,
First off I am new here, so Hi again
I have a small problem getting Microsoft Outlook 2001 to use my 2003 Exchange server. I have to admit I am new to macs and am finding it a little hard to do anything but I am trying.
From what I can tell is that for some reason my the mac will not resolve the server name to an ip address. I mean when I look in the Outlook settings, under services --> properties if I place the servers IP address there and then the user name and then 'check the name' it resolves the name of the server and under lines the user name (which as far as I am concerned has worked).
Yet when I then launch Outlook I get a message saying folders could not be opened. The attempt to log on to the server failed..... Microdoft Outlook could not be started. The attempt to log on to the MS Exchange Server failed....................
What I have done so far:-
Updated the /etc/hosts file and added the ip address for the server (can ping both IP and name from the console and network util)
When in Outlook settings --> properties and user the server name instead of the IP address and try and check name I get an error.. The name could not be resolved. Network problems are preventing connection to the MS Exchange Server, Contact your system adminsitrator (me).
Sorry for the long post but this is a real problem. Any help would be much appreciated.
Ian
PS The only thing I can sort of think of at the moment is that Outlook starts I think in classic mode??? I am not sure if this starts a new shell and therefore ignores the /etc/hosts file and that is the reason why it can not resolve the server name. If I am right my next question would be where is the hosts file for the classic enviroment??
First off I am new here, so Hi again
I have a small problem getting Microsoft Outlook 2001 to use my 2003 Exchange server. I have to admit I am new to macs and am finding it a little hard to do anything but I am trying.
From what I can tell is that for some reason my the mac will not resolve the server name to an ip address. I mean when I look in the Outlook settings, under services --> properties if I place the servers IP address there and then the user name and then 'check the name' it resolves the name of the server and under lines the user name (which as far as I am concerned has worked).
Yet when I then launch Outlook I get a message saying folders could not be opened. The attempt to log on to the server failed..... Microdoft Outlook could not be started. The attempt to log on to the MS Exchange Server failed....................
What I have done so far:-
Updated the /etc/hosts file and added the ip address for the server (can ping both IP and name from the console and network util)
When in Outlook settings --> properties and user the server name instead of the IP address and try and check name I get an error.. The name could not be resolved. Network problems are preventing connection to the MS Exchange Server, Contact your system adminsitrator (me).
Sorry for the long post but this is a real problem. Any help would be much appreciated.
Ian
PS The only thing I can sort of think of at the moment is that Outlook starts I think in classic mode??? I am not sure if this starts a new shell and therefore ignores the /etc/hosts file and that is the reason why it can not resolve the server name. If I am right my next question would be where is the hosts file for the classic enviroment??
R.Perez
Mar 15, 09:00 PM
Indeed, it's an odd juxtaposition. In order to not appear to be hypocrites on their budget reform, some Republicans may have to backtrack on all the moral rhetoric they use to defend the death penalty.
If we are in such dire straits that we need to cut unions' collective bargaining in order to balance the budget, why should we need to spend tens of millions of dollars killing prisoners?
Oh boy don't assume. Keep in mind, even with all these "much needed" emergency austerity measures, most of these states managed to give away billions in tax cuts.
If we are in such dire straits that we need to cut unions' collective bargaining in order to balance the budget, why should we need to spend tens of millions of dollars killing prisoners?
Oh boy don't assume. Keep in mind, even with all these "much needed" emergency austerity measures, most of these states managed to give away billions in tax cuts.
more...
0815
Apr 13, 11:41 AM
This time last year Mr. Powell left his iPhone 4 in a bar.
Maybe they just learned a lesson and don't do field tests with people that have a history of drinking beer in bars while testing the phone.
Maybe they just learned a lesson and don't do field tests with people that have a history of drinking beer in bars while testing the phone.
FF_productions
Jun 24, 09:30 PM
I'm looking for a G4... it has gotta be over 1.25 ghz for consideration along with a pinch of applecare to go along with it. 15/17 inchers will be considered.
I'm looking for a compliment to the Mac Pro.
Throw me an offer.
I'm looking for a compliment to the Mac Pro.
Throw me an offer.
more...
eawmp1
Mar 16, 06:13 PM
11...21...31...whatever the age ones mode of attire is not an invitation or deterrent to rape. I swear some of the characters are straight out of "The Handmaid's Tale".
Mr.Noisy
Aug 7, 09:17 AM
BOred Saturday afternoon, mean to be plastering a wall but I decided to change the desktop instead (wife wasn't impressed though :o ) , came across some Tron Legacy wallpapers, I kinda like this one :)
Source of Original (http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2010_Tron_Legacy/2010_tron_legacy_001.jpg)
Source of Original (http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2010_Tron_Legacy/2010_tron_legacy_001.jpg)
more...
Rodimus Prime
Feb 10, 01:25 AM
so let get this straight AT&T is pretty much going to increase the number of minutes I do not use every month. My family already is on the lowest family plane for 5 lines and still put over 500 Roller in the account for per month. Well currently we lose about that many per month.
Guess the roll over will increase since we will not be using even more minutes.
Guess the roll over will increase since we will not be using even more minutes.
bpaluzzi
Apr 22, 11:17 AM
Name one application that will run on a pro version and not the home, or vice versa.
IIS
Remote Desktop Server
WMIC
That's just off the top of my head.
You dont understand how OS version works? The newest version runs ALL software for the OS. Android 2.3 does exactly that. Of course an app written for 2.3 wont run on 1.6. Thats just common sense.

Here are efore and after pics
IIS
Remote Desktop Server
WMIC
That's just off the top of my head.
You dont understand how OS version works? The newest version runs ALL software for the OS. Android 2.3 does exactly that. Of course an app written for 2.3 wont run on 1.6. Thats just common sense.
Morod
Apr 7, 12:23 PM
I love Breakout, and got Colibricks from the App Store for my iMac. Similar, but not the same.
Centipede for the iMac would be killer!
Centipede for the iMac would be killer!
Consultant
Mar 25, 11:13 AM
This may only happen if they get rid of the consumer-quality GPS receiver in it. Would raise the price of the handset, though.
It's more than likely going to be the use of their own software (iMaps?) rather than use Google which has their own Mobile OS now.
iPhone GPS works great for me, even when I visit New York City.
It's more than likely going to be the use of their own software (iMaps?) rather than use Google which has their own Mobile OS now.
iPhone GPS works great for me, even when I visit New York City.
iphone3gs16gb
Mar 26, 08:46 PM
How is this a scam? The seller CLEARLY mentioned he was selling a picture of the iPhone...
It must've been one hell of a picture to sell at that price!
It must've been one hell of a picture to sell at that price!
MacRumors
Apr 7, 08:13 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/07/ios-4-3-2-due-in-next-two-weeks/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/07/091158-iphone-ios-update110407114646_500.jpg
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/07/091158-iphone-ios-update110407114646_500.jpg
Stewdy
Feb 4, 06:31 AM
I changed to this desktop on my 13" MBA the other day and thought I'd share. :)
Matt T
Oct 5, 06:50 PM
I'm a web designer and I think that part of good web design is flexibility and compatibility; in other words, a good website design should be one that can be customized at the will of the user, such as resizing a text box that is too small.
Besides, have you seen this in action? (I got a 403 when I tried to view the blog - I don't know about you). Do we know that resizing a text box will rearrange any other elements of the site? Knowing Apple, they've probably come up with some way to resize the text box in a non-destructive manor, and maybe resize it back to it's original size when a user isn't using it. Does that make sense?
All these features sound like great additions to Safari - especially searching text in a web page; it's about bloody time Apple!
Besides, have you seen this in action? (I got a 403 when I tried to view the blog - I don't know about you). Do we know that resizing a text box will rearrange any other elements of the site? Knowing Apple, they've probably come up with some way to resize the text box in a non-destructive manor, and maybe resize it back to it's original size when a user isn't using it. Does that make sense?
All these features sound like great additions to Safari - especially searching text in a web page; it's about bloody time Apple!
No comments:
Post a Comment