xxBURT0Nxx
May 5, 05:53 PM
Hi all,
Just curious to see how many have a apple laptop and and Ipad. Work just bought me a MBP last week and I already have a Ipad 2. Just trying to justify the two, maybe I sell the ipad 2 because I have to keep the laptop. By the way, I love both of them...I use the Ipad 2 for reading books, magazines etc...
Thanks for the comments or thoughts...
well i have a 15" pro... had an ipad 1, then got the ipad 2. I honestly wasn't using it that much... between having an iphone and a mbp, it just never saw that much use so i gave it to my grandma.
Now i'm considering trading in my mbp and getting a new imac and a macbook air... love the small size and portability and i honestly don't need that much power on the road so i'm thinking the mba will be awesome as a portable and have the power of the imac at home!
Hope that gives you some insight, but remember everyone has different needs!
Just curious to see how many have a apple laptop and and Ipad. Work just bought me a MBP last week and I already have a Ipad 2. Just trying to justify the two, maybe I sell the ipad 2 because I have to keep the laptop. By the way, I love both of them...I use the Ipad 2 for reading books, magazines etc...
Thanks for the comments or thoughts...
well i have a 15" pro... had an ipad 1, then got the ipad 2. I honestly wasn't using it that much... between having an iphone and a mbp, it just never saw that much use so i gave it to my grandma.
Now i'm considering trading in my mbp and getting a new imac and a macbook air... love the small size and portability and i honestly don't need that much power on the road so i'm thinking the mba will be awesome as a portable and have the power of the imac at home!
Hope that gives you some insight, but remember everyone has different needs!
Shrek
Sep 17, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by sparkleytone
http://www.applele.com/hiphone_r04c.jpg
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I WOULD BUY THAT IN AN INSTANT!!! :D
http://www.applele.com/hiphone_r04c.jpg
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I WOULD BUY THAT IN AN INSTANT!!! :D
rrandyy
May 5, 05:21 PM
More like apples and orangutans.
xxRONNIExx
Apr 7, 11:09 PM
Okay thank you for your help I'll try SD...I also heard about CCC, i wonder which is the best to use. I'll do a little more research. I have a lot of iTunes music and i dont want to lose it.
Maybe the best thing I should do is wait until I get the iMac first, transfer everything then give it away. Or better yet take it to a apple genius and let them do it for me...??
Maybe the best thing I should do is wait until I get the iMac first, transfer everything then give it away. Or better yet take it to a apple genius and let them do it for me...??
more...
BanjoBanker
Nov 30, 07:48 PM
That really sucks! There should be some recourse for this couple, that sort of thing really should be disclosed by the seller.:eek:
jimthorn
Jul 10, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by �bergeek
the ram cover won't come off lol
since i really don't want to do it myself, i'm taking it to macenthusiasts to get it off since that's what the apple store genius dude told me to do.
i have a 512mb stick somewhere...i should really go...maybe i'll go right now.
:) Yes, your iBook will be much happier with 640MB of RAM. It's too bad the other 128MB is hardwired onto the board... 1GB would be nice.
the ram cover won't come off lol
since i really don't want to do it myself, i'm taking it to macenthusiasts to get it off since that's what the apple store genius dude told me to do.
i have a 512mb stick somewhere...i should really go...maybe i'll go right now.
:) Yes, your iBook will be much happier with 640MB of RAM. It's too bad the other 128MB is hardwired onto the board... 1GB would be nice.
more...

hellrider
Jun 15, 11:21 AM
I haven't pre-ordered, but at this point do you think it will make any difference. I plan on heading to the Apple store at 6:00 am or so.
GLS
Apr 23, 08:05 PM
You can eventually control the alien mothership in space with 64GB of RAM.
Jeff Goldblum brought down an entire alien fleet with less than 64GB.....
http://d2o7bfz2il9cb7.cloudfront.net/main-qimg-1996deb31129c1d6595d9b6ca1d722f0
Jeff Goldblum brought down an entire alien fleet with less than 64GB.....
http://d2o7bfz2il9cb7.cloudfront.net/main-qimg-1996deb31129c1d6595d9b6ca1d722f0
more...
chrismacguy
Apr 30, 04:20 AM
Honestly you'd be better off buying an intel mac mini, even the oldest intel one you could find would be better than the Powermac.
If you don't want to do that though, choose the Powermac. These things last forever so you won't need to replace the computer for a long time.
Only if it was an Intel Core 2 Duo based Mac Mini, since it looks like the Intel Core Duo Minis are being left behind with Lion, and they only just about equal most G5s anyway. Personally Id go with either a Core 2 Duo Mini, or a PowerMac G5 Air-Cooled <2.5Ghz I believe... since IIRC the 2.3s pretended to be but werent liquid cooled. Dual PowerPC G5s at 2.0/2.3 Ghz will still have some number crunching power for a while yet.
If you don't want to do that though, choose the Powermac. These things last forever so you won't need to replace the computer for a long time.
Only if it was an Intel Core 2 Duo based Mac Mini, since it looks like the Intel Core Duo Minis are being left behind with Lion, and they only just about equal most G5s anyway. Personally Id go with either a Core 2 Duo Mini, or a PowerMac G5 Air-Cooled <2.5Ghz I believe... since IIRC the 2.3s pretended to be but werent liquid cooled. Dual PowerPC G5s at 2.0/2.3 Ghz will still have some number crunching power for a while yet.
BlindMellon
May 5, 06:29 AM
There should be a -1000 button for threads like these... Or - "Lowest Ranked".
the OP's post was obviously in jest and quite funny. are you that humorless about apple projects that you can't have a little fun?
the OP's post was obviously in jest and quite funny. are you that humorless about apple projects that you can't have a little fun?
more...
vniow
Sep 12, 04:58 PM
I just saw an article on Cnet News that says the AMD Clawhammer will be released for manufacturers in the first quarter of about the same time as MWSF 2003.
Not that I'm taking this rumor too seriously, I'm just having fun with it. :p
CLICK ME DAMMIT! (http://news.com.com/2100-1001-957757.html)
Not that I'm taking this rumor too seriously, I'm just having fun with it. :p
CLICK ME DAMMIT! (http://news.com.com/2100-1001-957757.html)
mstrze
Dec 31, 11:22 AM
Look at it this way, if you want your iPod Touch to look as generic as the millions of others; be my guest, but I'd rather be a rebel than a person who's willing to be one of the iPod Touch owners afraid of change...
Why even buy an iPod Touch like the millions of other sheep and continue to line God Jobs' pockets when you could buy some other device and give Steve-O the finger?:confused:
Why even buy an iPod Touch like the millions of other sheep and continue to line God Jobs' pockets when you could buy some other device and give Steve-O the finger?:confused:
more...
spicyapple
Oct 20, 09:59 PM
http://att.macrumors.com/contest/50F1FE.jpg
One word: anachronistic
a video version of generations coming soon. :)
One word: anachronistic
a video version of generations coming soon. :)
That-Is-Bull
Oct 26, 02:43 PM
I'll be there if I can. Is there going to be a line at launch?
more...
SailorTom
Mar 15, 11:40 PM
I suggest you re-factor your html. Move the aside below the section in the html. Float the section to the left with a specified width e.g 70%. The remove the clear from the aside and it should then slot into place with height maxed out.
I'd expect setting height: 100% would work with this method too, but it didn't for me in the little play I had.
Anyway it seems the main problem you have at the moment is that the section is limiting the height of the aside
I'd expect setting height: 100% would work with this method too, but it didn't for me in the little play I had.
Anyway it seems the main problem you have at the moment is that the section is limiting the height of the aside
mnkeybsness
Aug 18, 05:57 PM
Online translators are not very accurate with translating texts. It's much better to just pay a professional to do it for you.
As for the dropdowns, you could consider replacing them with "suckerfish" dropdowns that use only HTML and CSS and a little tiny javascript for IE.
As for the dropdowns, you could consider replacing them with "suckerfish" dropdowns that use only HTML and CSS and a little tiny javascript for IE.
more...
KillersKiss
Jan 25, 10:34 AM
That was fast. Thanks. I'll give it a try.
iSaint
Dec 16, 07:52 AM
Well, it can survive a hard fall of about 4 feet, I know that for sure. I own a G3 iBook without wireless (I'm broke) so I always have a 100 foot ethernet cord trailing behind me. Somehow, as I was walking from one room to another, I got tangled up in it, did a funny little twirly-dance, practically threw the iBook out of my way (if I would have landed on it there would surely be no chance of survival) and fell to the ground face first (ouch). The iBook landed hard on its left side. It was powered on, as a matter of fact I was browsing this forum. The sound it made on contact was horrible to say the least. But I'll be damned...so far not a thing wrong with it! When I say it took a hard hit I mean it REALLY took a hard hit. When I picked it up off the floor I wasn't breathing...it felt like my heart had stopped. The screen was black, all was quiet...for about 3 seconds. All of a sudden the screen lit up and it was right where I left it. I just had to reconnect to the internet and I was rolling again. Just wanted to share that with everyone, for I am blown away that the thing isn't dead. If a moose like me can't kill this iBook it is one hardy machine;)
Maybe it's time to get that wireless card (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=167333)!
Maybe it's time to get that wireless card (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=167333)!
skybolt
Mar 2, 10:40 AM
I got some relief from a similar problem when I set my mail to check for new mail less often than I had previously set it. Seems some servers don't like it when you access too often. I'm at every 5 minutes now, with no problems. Maybe this would work for you?
Eniregnat
Sep 16, 02:35 PM
I have a 250gb Porche design and it's nice. I hasn't failed. It hums a little, and it spools down when I unmount the drive from the OS. I really don't get what all the design kudos are for it. It has a shiny front, and is pretty much a rectangle. I like SilverKeeper, the backup software that comes with it. Careful with what you choose to exclude during the backup.
adrian.oconnor
Oct 21, 04:07 AM
You missed the real story -- in the release notes Apple explain that they're deprecating the Apple maintained version of Java:
http://www.infoq.com/news/2010/10/apple-deprecates-java
Apple have provided a mechanism for installing 3rd party JDKs (in particular OpenJDK), but it likely won't work with current versions of Java IDEs (Netbeans, Eclipse etc) until they're updated to work with the new paths.
I wonder if this is anything to do with Oralce?
http://www.infoq.com/news/2010/10/apple-deprecates-java
Apple have provided a mechanism for installing 3rd party JDKs (in particular OpenJDK), but it likely won't work with current versions of Java IDEs (Netbeans, Eclipse etc) until they're updated to work with the new paths.
I wonder if this is anything to do with Oralce?
GGJstudios
Apr 21, 12:48 PM
That doesn't happen for me. The scrolling continues as it should, even during the momentum phase of the scroll.
That's the way it used to be for me. I don't know when it broke or what might have caused it.
That's the way it used to be for me. I don't know when it broke or what might have caused it.
eawmp1
May 5, 07:19 AM
I'd understand the dilemma between a MBP and an Air, but and Air and an iMac???? :confused:
bluap84
Feb 23, 03:54 PM
Oh, I agree that setting up a limited company is easy. (Doing it via Companies House is relatively straightforward. As far as talking to your local bank is concerned, that all depends on your local bank. Some are not as good as others.)
It is the floods of paperwork afterwards that is the problem. ;) :p
And does the OP intend to make a career of this? Then fine go ahead. But if this is a one off� well�
Way back when in the Stone Age when I started out, I never came across any company who wasn't willing to deal with me. If not they may have been dealing in bad faith from the start.
Hmm i dont intended to make a full time career from it, i dont think my skills warrent at present. How ever i would give anything to jack in my IT job and do something creative, so who knows what the future holds.
Ill look into creating a ltd company. I have come up with the name
pablished so far as my initials are pab and its a play on published. could work lol :P
It is the floods of paperwork afterwards that is the problem. ;) :p
And does the OP intend to make a career of this? Then fine go ahead. But if this is a one off� well�
Way back when in the Stone Age when I started out, I never came across any company who wasn't willing to deal with me. If not they may have been dealing in bad faith from the start.
Hmm i dont intended to make a full time career from it, i dont think my skills warrent at present. How ever i would give anything to jack in my IT job and do something creative, so who knows what the future holds.
Ill look into creating a ltd company. I have come up with the name
pablished so far as my initials are pab and its a play on published. could work lol :P
No comments:
Post a Comment