
Bibulous
Sep 30, 10:40 AM
"The Mac is a resurgent platform."
If only their hardware people had felt that way... :(
If only their hardware people had felt that way... :(
blevins321
Feb 11, 09:47 AM
It's only available for Family Talk plans of $69.99+, which appears to be the 1400 mins plan.
Just one note - it's available for the 700-minute plan too. Odd quirk (about all providers, not just AT&T) is that they advertise family plans for 2 lines but in all their billing systems it's billed at one line + one additional line. So in their system the 700-minute plan is $59 plus one additional $10 line to make their advertised $69.
3 friends plus myself share a family plan..3 iPhones and 1 Messaging Phone. Just saw this pop up in the account manager when I went to pay my bill. We have the 700-minute family plan with the $30 unlimited texting already. The 4th that we added 3 weeks ago calls alot more than the rest of us do; but mostly to mobiles. This new 'free' addition to the plans is excellent, and will allow our shared 700 minutes to be plenty.
For people saying the $30 (for family plans) is a lot, split the cost among 4 people and it's only $7.50 per person. Cheaper than even prepaid phones. Split it among 5 (might be adding a 5th friend in a couple weeks) and it's only $6. Good deal considering on our last bill (3 of us) we used 6700 texts and 104 picture messages total, so the free mobile calling is wonderful addition.
Just one note - it's available for the 700-minute plan too. Odd quirk (about all providers, not just AT&T) is that they advertise family plans for 2 lines but in all their billing systems it's billed at one line + one additional line. So in their system the 700-minute plan is $59 plus one additional $10 line to make their advertised $69.
3 friends plus myself share a family plan..3 iPhones and 1 Messaging Phone. Just saw this pop up in the account manager when I went to pay my bill. We have the 700-minute family plan with the $30 unlimited texting already. The 4th that we added 3 weeks ago calls alot more than the rest of us do; but mostly to mobiles. This new 'free' addition to the plans is excellent, and will allow our shared 700 minutes to be plenty.
For people saying the $30 (for family plans) is a lot, split the cost among 4 people and it's only $7.50 per person. Cheaper than even prepaid phones. Split it among 5 (might be adding a 5th friend in a couple weeks) and it's only $6. Good deal considering on our last bill (3 of us) we used 6700 texts and 104 picture messages total, so the free mobile calling is wonderful addition.

Laird Knox
Apr 6, 01:41 PM
If each byte were a $1000 bill, that's still less than the US national debt of $14.3PB (again, if B were $1000 for agrument's sake)
I take it math isn't your strong subject?
US debt is approximately $14 trillion. A peta- is 1000 times larger than a tera- and you are suggesting that the debt is 1000 time larger than that. That's OK, you only missed by a factor of one million.
I take it math isn't your strong subject?
US debt is approximately $14 trillion. A peta- is 1000 times larger than a tera- and you are suggesting that the debt is 1000 time larger than that. That's OK, you only missed by a factor of one million.
skunk
May 6, 01:47 PM
No offence but I think your failing to see the disconnect between my personal position and my historical/political observations.No offence, but if you have two simultaneous positions which are in conflict, you need to make a choice. :)
more...
CrackedButter
Jun 26, 02:03 PM
I already have my lovely Canon 50mm f1.4 EF lens on ebay if anybody wants it.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320267404047&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=011
Thanks if you bid anyway.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320267404047&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=011
Thanks if you bid anyway.
JAT
Apr 28, 11:57 AM
I wanted very much to buy an iPad 2. But after seeing the dismal display and camera quality in person, and the fact that it didn't offer anything new or exciting over the iPad 1, I decided to wait for the Android tablets to hit in force and compare them to iPad 3.
What is the reasoning behind this attitude? Is this just a toy purchase? How can you have a "need" for a device that apparently doesn't exist? And then, what happens with your needs until then?
I can just see the people on this forum, if they had been alive in 1975:
"I need a phone that I can carry with me all the time. Nobody makes one! Guess I'll just never call anybody for the next 10 years."
What is the reasoning behind this attitude? Is this just a toy purchase? How can you have a "need" for a device that apparently doesn't exist? And then, what happens with your needs until then?
I can just see the people on this forum, if they had been alive in 1975:
"I need a phone that I can carry with me all the time. Nobody makes one! Guess I'll just never call anybody for the next 10 years."
more...
mgheiti
Feb 1, 06:55 PM
Here is the file. Just choose "Tile" in wallpapers settings :)
Thank you!
Thank you!

hayesk
Mar 23, 10:01 AM
A coworker tells me Bertrand wrote Interface Builder as part of his thesis before being hired at NeXT - imagine where Mac and iOS development would be today without him!
more...
qbaser
Apr 22, 10:09 AM
I've been using an A4tech wireless 2.4ghz mouse (G6-70D), and its been working fine. Now all of a sudden it's frozen, although the little dongle light still lights up when i move the mouse, even the the pointer doesnt move.
Ive rebooted but no joy. The a4tech website doesnt actually say there is a mac driver but it has been working fine for a few days, now just stopped?
Any ideas?
Al
Ive rebooted but no joy. The a4tech website doesnt actually say there is a mac driver but it has been working fine for a few days, now just stopped?
Any ideas?
Al
vniow
Oct 22, 01:39 AM
http://www.rx7club.com/forum/images/smilies/wtf.gif
more...
RavageScourge
Feb 13, 06:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/9PYCd.png
Not very exciting :P
Not very exciting :P

DeathChill
Apr 21, 11:07 PM
Since we're talking about an underlying OS here, I assume they remembered to include the Linux user base as well... including dumb terminals, kiosks, and servers, right? ;)
Seriously, Facebook runs off of a modified version of the Android OS. Lets not forget to include the 100 million users of Facebook.
Slightly off topic, does anyone think this site can get anymore pro-apple biased?
The amount that you're reaching is insane and impressive. I quite enjoy it.
Seriously, Facebook runs off of a modified version of the Android OS. Lets not forget to include the 100 million users of Facebook.
Slightly off topic, does anyone think this site can get anymore pro-apple biased?
The amount that you're reaching is insane and impressive. I quite enjoy it.
more...
vincenz
Apr 7, 05:48 PM
I'm just not an old-school gamer I guess. These games don't look particularly interesting or good.
Peligro
Jan 9, 02:51 PM
This is my first time witnessing a live Macworld. I made the switch early last year and have become more addicted since. I was hoping for an update to the Mac Pro. A price drop, Cores maybe. Some More Juiciness about Leopard. I think the iPhone is really cool! I'm not that interested tho. I'm happy for everyone that has been dreaming of one.
I found the announcement of the name change to be scary. Obviously this keynote is a good example of how they are dropping the "computer" focus on the company. Which is kinda cool in a way but scary too. Just when I start getting into this whole thing they switch focus? I hope this isn't as bad as I think it could be.
I'm voted on disappointed but I am not totally bummed. I still think it was a great keynote. And I still think Steve and Apple are "Wicked cool". I can't wait to see the video.:cool:
I found the announcement of the name change to be scary. Obviously this keynote is a good example of how they are dropping the "computer" focus on the company. Which is kinda cool in a way but scary too. Just when I start getting into this whole thing they switch focus? I hope this isn't as bad as I think it could be.
I'm voted on disappointed but I am not totally bummed. I still think it was a great keynote. And I still think Steve and Apple are "Wicked cool". I can't wait to see the video.:cool:
more...
psychometry
Oct 5, 11:35 PM
I don't know about you guys but I have Windows/OS X and for the windows part I am falling in love with Opera it is the fastest browser for windows, in is small with tight coding and it doesn't use all your RAM. I hope this comes to mac if it does well that would be the ****
ummmm... (http://www.opera.com/download/index.dml?step=2&opsys=MacOS&platform=MacOS)
ummmm... (http://www.opera.com/download/index.dml?step=2&opsys=MacOS&platform=MacOS)
Glideslope
Apr 28, 07:33 PM
ROFLMAO. Next subject please.
Steve, get out of Korea. Expand, China, Taiwan, Japan, Brazil. Maybe the US when we are willing to work for $10 a day. :apple:
Steve, get out of Korea. Expand, China, Taiwan, Japan, Brazil. Maybe the US when we are willing to work for $10 a day. :apple:
more...

munkle
Feb 20, 10:37 AM
Screensaver on my desktop?? I just installed it and it is awsome!! Thx
Have you tried it with Marine Aquarium (http://www.serenescreen.com/product/maquariumx/)? Bit of a resource hog but great for showing off!
And if you're a fan of the Matrix, this (http://macupdate.com/info.php/id/11727) looks pretty swanky as well :)
Have you tried it with Marine Aquarium (http://www.serenescreen.com/product/maquariumx/)? Bit of a resource hog but great for showing off!
And if you're a fan of the Matrix, this (http://macupdate.com/info.php/id/11727) looks pretty swanky as well :)

Elan0204
Aug 13, 07:46 PM
I don't miss the happy mac, but I think that is a great avatar. Excellent use of animation, and incorporation of the 1,000,000.
rutiger
Mar 12, 12:49 PM
Can any cell phone capable of connecting to the web be used as a Bluetooth modem with an iPad that's been jail broke?
I'm using my Sprint Samsung M610 phone as a modem with my MacBook. Was wondering if it can be done with an iPad.
Doesn't work with the iPhone 4 4.2.1 jb. They won't pair.
I'm using my Sprint Samsung M610 phone as a modem with my MacBook. Was wondering if it can be done with an iPad.
Doesn't work with the iPhone 4 4.2.1 jb. They won't pair.
Tim117
Mar 16, 07:38 PM
How do I take the video cinematics from SC and SCBW and put them onto my computer?
MrMoore
Nov 22, 09:50 PM
I read that the iPads might have been purchased from Costco after the fallout between them and Apple.
http://www.macnn.com/articles/10/11/19/calls.source.of.ipads.into.question/
http://www.macnn.com/articles/10/11/19/calls.source.of.ipads.into.question/
doucy2
Sep 24, 10:19 PM
Er, not necessarily. Age of consent laws vary widely... in most jurisdictions, an 18-year-old and a 17-year-old can pretty much do whatever they want.
very true will even be legal with some 16 year olds
very true will even be legal with some 16 year olds
zap2
May 4, 09:25 AM
And how exactly did murdering Bin Laden help us any? All he is now is a trophy for Obama's next campaign.
Well capturing a person with the will, political power and finical power that Osama had is clearly a threat to us(being the West)
Murdering was a result of attempting to capture him, he did resist, I don't blame the SEALs for killing him. I would fool around with Osama Bin Laden either.
Well capturing a person with the will, political power and finical power that Osama had is clearly a threat to us(being the West)
Murdering was a result of attempting to capture him, he did resist, I don't blame the SEALs for killing him. I would fool around with Osama Bin Laden either.
MACRUS
Nov 11, 03:39 PM
From what I've seen at the places I've been as an editor, the people who still have Avid are the ones that invested in it awhile ago and it's cheaper to maintain their current hardware. Though there are certainly desires to switch. I've also seen some places jump from Avid to Final Cut when doing complete system upgrades and ditching their old Power PC machines for Intel ones. Many places that are starting out are also going with Final Cut over anything else out there.
My Final Cut might not be 64 Bit, but it's doing just fine. Though our graphic designers have seen significant improvements in terms of render times going from After Effects CS4 to CS5, I think I can wait another 6 months and then be blown away by whatever improvement Apple makes to Final Cut.
Some have said it is most likely to happen early 2012. although Jobs himself has said early 2011. but again like some say. coming from him (steve), early 2011 could very well mean from January to june.
My Final Cut might not be 64 Bit, but it's doing just fine. Though our graphic designers have seen significant improvements in terms of render times going from After Effects CS4 to CS5, I think I can wait another 6 months and then be blown away by whatever improvement Apple makes to Final Cut.
Some have said it is most likely to happen early 2012. although Jobs himself has said early 2011. but again like some say. coming from him (steve), early 2011 could very well mean from January to june.
No comments:
Post a Comment