markyr17
Apr 7, 08:20 AM
Aka jailbreak patch
Reason077
Nov 20, 04:14 PM
Doubtful since their warranty does not transfer to a second hand buyer. If I were to buy an iPod and then sell it on ebay a few weeks later the new owner would not be covered.
This is indeed what Apple's warranty document says. However, that clause might not be enforceable/legal in some jurisdictions.
In practice, Apple have always honored their warranty regardless of whether you're the original owner.
This is indeed what Apple's warranty document says. However, that clause might not be enforceable/legal in some jurisdictions.
In practice, Apple have always honored their warranty regardless of whether you're the original owner.
russed
Nov 1, 08:53 AM
I really liked this one. I've tried many other apps that gather the Album Cover art for iTunes songs/albums but this is the best by far.
It's called Clutter (http://www.sprote.com/clutter/).
Launch Clutter when you have iTunes open. As a song is playing, Clutter automatically looks up the album art. Once found, under the File menu select copy to iTunes and BAM, it's there for the WhOLE album. Sweet.
One note. If it doesn't find the art, just go under the File menu and choose "Find cover in Amazon". Just type in different variations of the artist or song and i'm sure it'll pop up.
Enjoy,
~e
wow what a cool programme! thanks for that link!
It's called Clutter (http://www.sprote.com/clutter/).
Launch Clutter when you have iTunes open. As a song is playing, Clutter automatically looks up the album art. Once found, under the File menu select copy to iTunes and BAM, it's there for the WhOLE album. Sweet.
One note. If it doesn't find the art, just go under the File menu and choose "Find cover in Amazon". Just type in different variations of the artist or song and i'm sure it'll pop up.
Enjoy,
~e
wow what a cool programme! thanks for that link!
sherlockaled
Feb 1, 08:05 PM
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5975/screenshot20110202at906.png
more...
AhmedFaisal
Apr 13, 07:15 PM
where did i infer that blacks using the word was acceptable?
The way you wrote it kinda implies it... (bold emphasis mine below).
but yeah if a white person called me a n word i'd be mad so the same applies here.
The way you wrote it kinda implies it... (bold emphasis mine below).
but yeah if a white person called me a n word i'd be mad so the same applies here.

gobes
Dec 13, 07:50 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/mart_cfc/Screenshot2010-12-14at014747.png (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/mart_cfc/Screenshot2010-12-14at014747.png)
Pic taken at Glastonbury Festival this year.
Pic taken at Glastonbury Festival this year.
more...
turbobass
Apr 17, 02:49 AM
Anything that captures a stream for something like VLC to view on a desktop?
psychometry
Oct 5, 07:27 PM
Wow... that whole site is down. Too much traffic, or has Apple's top secret FBI assasin group struck again. One things for sure... don't "F" with those boys and their secrets.
And to the Safari-haters, show some love. Safari might be a little short on features if you're used to Fox or Omni, but at the end of the day it's still the most elegant and simple browser out there, and it does have its strengths. It's RSS reader was pretty groundbreaking, and still is one of the best, it's one of the few browsers that actually handles fonts and anti-aliasing properly, and it renders CSS layouts very cleanly and without bugs for the most part. So don't hate so much. It's only going to get better every time.
Safari's CSS is pretty good, but DOM support is lagging, in my opinion. I use Camino for general web browsing and Firefox with Firebug and other extensions for development. Maybe if Firefox 2 runs faster and leaks and uses less memory I'll use it for everything.
IE7's RSS aggregator looks like it might shape out to be among the best.
And to the Safari-haters, show some love. Safari might be a little short on features if you're used to Fox or Omni, but at the end of the day it's still the most elegant and simple browser out there, and it does have its strengths. It's RSS reader was pretty groundbreaking, and still is one of the best, it's one of the few browsers that actually handles fonts and anti-aliasing properly, and it renders CSS layouts very cleanly and without bugs for the most part. So don't hate so much. It's only going to get better every time.
Safari's CSS is pretty good, but DOM support is lagging, in my opinion. I use Camino for general web browsing and Firefox with Firebug and other extensions for development. Maybe if Firefox 2 runs faster and leaks and uses less memory I'll use it for everything.
IE7's RSS aggregator looks like it might shape out to be among the best.
more...

MCooper
Jun 21, 02:51 PM
Anyone wanna meet there around 5 am and do shifts? even go earlier and save one another a spot or something?
I just think 2 people better then 1 ?
I just think 2 people better then 1 ?
SgtDecimal
Aug 1, 05:48 AM
Click for full size
http://i28.tinypic.com/mkvn1k.jpg
My friends are always are amazed how clean my desktop is. There obviously used to windows.
http://i28.tinypic.com/mkvn1k.jpg
My friends are always are amazed how clean my desktop is. There obviously used to windows.
more...
jkop720
Aug 1, 02:44 PM
Inspired by the new Tron Legacy Trailer and all the stuff out of comic-con. Can't wait for this movie!
rdowns
Sep 9, 06:21 PM
The point is you posted this in a forum for an event that happened 8 months ago.
more...

Ries27
Aug 9, 03:04 PM
Here's mine...

labman
Mar 26, 08:41 PM
Sucker born every minute. not even a good photo to boot.
more...
MacRumors
Oct 31, 08:54 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)
While pre-orders of Apple's 2G iPod Shuffle have recently begun to ship (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/10/20061029123032.shtml) to customers, Apple has announced the general availability (http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2006/oct/31shuffle.html) of the music player in Apple Retail Stores and Authorized Retailers worldwide this Friday.
AppleInsider has reported that while retailers may get stock of the players prior to Friday (http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2185), they will not be allowed to place them out for sale until Friday.
Note: 2G = Second Generation. Second generation iPod Shuffles have a capacity of 1 Gigabytes.
While pre-orders of Apple's 2G iPod Shuffle have recently begun to ship (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/10/20061029123032.shtml) to customers, Apple has announced the general availability (http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2006/oct/31shuffle.html) of the music player in Apple Retail Stores and Authorized Retailers worldwide this Friday.
AppleInsider has reported that while retailers may get stock of the players prior to Friday (http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2185), they will not be allowed to place them out for sale until Friday.
Note: 2G = Second Generation. Second generation iPod Shuffles have a capacity of 1 Gigabytes.
showtime
Jun 23, 01:39 PM
Hey guys, I want to buy a blackberry curve. Doesn't matter if it's the 8300, 8310 or 8320. The cosmetic condition is not important either as long as everything is in perfect working order. I'd prefer to buy a very scratched up curve if it means a lower price so here's a chance to get rid of a beat up blackberry. Please post or PM me what you have. Thanks!
more...
sigamy
Mar 23, 10:23 AM
Does anyone here remember all the doom and gloom when Avie Tevanian left in 2006? People were saying it was the end of Mac OS X.
Serlet did a nice job moving the platform forward. Here's wishing Mr. Federighi the best.
Serlet did a nice job moving the platform forward. Here's wishing Mr. Federighi the best.
pito189
Mar 25, 12:47 PM
Also, what is so bad about the iOS notification system? I just hit "Close" if I don't care about a notification at that time.
My biggest problem is, ok I don't want to look at it right then. BUT I would like to be able to look at it as some point.
I've also run into where I will be typing in a field or playing a game and a notification will pop up and I'll hit close before I realize it. Then it's just GONE, that's what annoys me the most.
My biggest problem is, ok I don't want to look at it right then. BUT I would like to be able to look at it as some point.
I've also run into where I will be typing in a field or playing a game and a notification will pop up and I'll hit close before I realize it. Then it's just GONE, that's what annoys me the most.
snugharbor
Apr 5, 10:26 AM
How many people here want to choose to get tons of junk mail delivered to their house?
Raise your hand if you'd take that option.
Serious quesion. If most posters here raise their hands then I'll shut up and say you were right.
Not me I don't want to share my info with anyone unless I Opt IN.
Raise your hand if you'd take that option.
Serious quesion. If most posters here raise their hands then I'll shut up and say you were right.
Not me I don't want to share my info with anyone unless I Opt IN.
edesignuk
Feb 13, 06:33 AM
Which leads us to the other part of that post...
"Battle of the Hottest Avatars" & "Let the battle commence!"
You already know where that'll lead, lot's of complaints.
So that rally call may not be a good idea.
Being a mod doesn't mean I can't still have a sense of humor, which is all I saw that as. No one's going to have a "battle of the 'tars", I'm just messin', which I'm still allowed to do from time to time you know...
"Battle of the Hottest Avatars" & "Let the battle commence!"
You already know where that'll lead, lot's of complaints.
So that rally call may not be a good idea.
Being a mod doesn't mean I can't still have a sense of humor, which is all I saw that as. No one's going to have a "battle of the 'tars", I'm just messin', which I'm still allowed to do from time to time you know...
Sydde
Mar 3, 11:08 AM
Apologies for replying to this post: I am guessing the poster has me on ignore, so my response would be unfair if he cannot see it
'turned into' a a profit machine? As opposed to... when?
Providing health services and goods has always been a for-profit enterprise. This is exactly what has lead to the amazing growth in medical technology in the past 100 years.
Yeah, I kind of doubt that. The amazing growth of medical technology arises from academia, not private industry. AHIP have just been along for the ride, driving up costs while contributing nothing of value.
For the record, the (wealthy) are paying their fair share. The top 50% of wage earners pay over 95% of the income tax. Your disgusting attack on all conservatives wanting to '****' over all citizens is just that... disgusting ... Lower taxes? Strong business climate with low unemployment? You seem to be contradicting yourself... what strong middle class policies are you specifically talking about?
Al Jazeera has an interesting take on the failure of "neo-liberalism" (http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/02/201122414315249621.html). You should find their conclusions interesting:
What is neoliberalism? In his Brief History of Neoliberalism, the eminent social geographer David Harvey outlined "a theory of political economic practices that proposes that human well-being can best be advanced by liberating individual entrepreneurial freedoms and skills within an institutional framework characterised by strong private property rights, free markets, and free trade." Neoliberal states guarantee, by force if necessary, the "proper functioning" of markets; where markets do not exist (for example, in the use of land, water, education, health care, social security, or environmental pollution), then the state should create them.
Guaranteeing the sanctity of markets is supposed to be the limit of legitimate state functions, and state interventions should always be subordinate to markets. All human behavior, and not just the production of goods and services, can be reduced to market transactions.
Ah, hmm, maybe there is a linguistic disconnect at work here. Vilifying the "liberals", blaming them for creating the environment that led to unrest in north Africa and drawing salient parallels to US could have unintended results.
The charts look amazing on my iPhone.
Are you easily amazed?
'turned into' a a profit machine? As opposed to... when?
Providing health services and goods has always been a for-profit enterprise. This is exactly what has lead to the amazing growth in medical technology in the past 100 years.
Yeah, I kind of doubt that. The amazing growth of medical technology arises from academia, not private industry. AHIP have just been along for the ride, driving up costs while contributing nothing of value.
For the record, the (wealthy) are paying their fair share. The top 50% of wage earners pay over 95% of the income tax. Your disgusting attack on all conservatives wanting to '****' over all citizens is just that... disgusting ... Lower taxes? Strong business climate with low unemployment? You seem to be contradicting yourself... what strong middle class policies are you specifically talking about?
Al Jazeera has an interesting take on the failure of "neo-liberalism" (http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/02/201122414315249621.html). You should find their conclusions interesting:
What is neoliberalism? In his Brief History of Neoliberalism, the eminent social geographer David Harvey outlined "a theory of political economic practices that proposes that human well-being can best be advanced by liberating individual entrepreneurial freedoms and skills within an institutional framework characterised by strong private property rights, free markets, and free trade." Neoliberal states guarantee, by force if necessary, the "proper functioning" of markets; where markets do not exist (for example, in the use of land, water, education, health care, social security, or environmental pollution), then the state should create them.
Guaranteeing the sanctity of markets is supposed to be the limit of legitimate state functions, and state interventions should always be subordinate to markets. All human behavior, and not just the production of goods and services, can be reduced to market transactions.
Ah, hmm, maybe there is a linguistic disconnect at work here. Vilifying the "liberals", blaming them for creating the environment that led to unrest in north Africa and drawing salient parallels to US could have unintended results.
The charts look amazing on my iPhone.
Are you easily amazed?
obeygiant
Jul 12, 09:55 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3846455.stm
we're witnessing a major paradigm shift in the music industry, to the likes of when television switched from BW to Color.
we're witnessing a major paradigm shift in the music industry, to the likes of when television switched from BW to Color.
kppolich
Feb 3, 05:58 AM
Same as last month, new HDD icons, also new itunes, skype, safari, and downloads folder icons.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs069.snc6/167957_526603845308_79701617_30996541_3880047_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs069.snc6/167957_526603845308_79701617_30996541_3880047_n.jpg
wafl iron
Apr 7, 02:59 PM
That's only 1,258,291.2 gigabytes ... If each customer gets, say, 500 megabytes allocated, that's enough for 2,516,582 customers.
To be safe more like enough for 2.5 million customers @ 500 megabytes (which isn't very high, I would hope for more like 5000 megabytes/5 gigabytes, but then that's only enough for like 251,658 customers).
Point is, they better have another 10+ Pb along the way ...
You really think they allocate storage per user like allocated real estate per home owner?
deduplication + thin provisioning + compression applied to all that storage and your calculations are way off!
To be safe more like enough for 2.5 million customers @ 500 megabytes (which isn't very high, I would hope for more like 5000 megabytes/5 gigabytes, but then that's only enough for like 251,658 customers).
Point is, they better have another 10+ Pb along the way ...
You really think they allocate storage per user like allocated real estate per home owner?
deduplication + thin provisioning + compression applied to all that storage and your calculations are way off!
No comments:
Post a Comment