
TMay
Nov 11, 10:33 AM
Given the length of the original message and the terseness of Jobs' reply, it suggests that either he doesn't give a crap, or the iPad's virtual keyboard is a bit pants to type on.
All of his email responses are terse. Verbose is a bad thing if you are an executive, and frankly, people should strive for terse in business anyway.
Reminds me of an anecdote that I read of Tim Cook. In a meeting of Apple managers, he explained that there was a problem in one of the Chinese assemblies houses. A few minutes later, he looked at the engineer/manager and asked "Why are you still here?".
All of his email responses are terse. Verbose is a bad thing if you are an executive, and frankly, people should strive for terse in business anyway.
Reminds me of an anecdote that I read of Tim Cook. In a meeting of Apple managers, he explained that there was a problem in one of the Chinese assemblies houses. A few minutes later, he looked at the engineer/manager and asked "Why are you still here?".
BigJohno
Nov 23, 12:34 PM
For some reason when I save in Illustrator cs5 to my Flash drive it gives me an error saying there was an I/0 Problem and the disk was ejected. I have tried this on a few computers. There is no problem with the flash drive because I use it with other files no problem. Has anyone eles ran into this problem?

kingledley
May 3, 05:43 AM
Guessing that MobileMe (as it is now) will go free, and then the premium service will allow backup and access to all your system. $100 a year for that would definitely be worth it.
CubusX
Apr 7, 04:13 PM
Like many, since 4.3 battery life has sucked. I am recharging mid day.
Hopefully, they finally fix the battery.
Hopefully, they finally fix the battery.
more...
LOLWinner
Mar 28, 02:26 PM
LOL it amazes me how little you guys know about the law. Please report me to the authorities, there is absolutely nothing they can do legally. I even discussed it with my professor who monitored my bar and he got a kick out of it as well haha.
So please, humor me that I'm not a real law student and don't know what I'm talking about. Sorry Apple geeks your area of expertise obviously isn't the political discourse of America. :P
Try my other theories too, like entering my home, etc. Seriously, just humor me. (more so than I already am) LOL
<3 little idiots <3
So please, humor me that I'm not a real law student and don't know what I'm talking about. Sorry Apple geeks your area of expertise obviously isn't the political discourse of America. :P
Try my other theories too, like entering my home, etc. Seriously, just humor me. (more so than I already am) LOL
<3 little idiots <3
fivetoadsloth
Jan 14, 07:09 PM
Nice find,
A stream can also be found at iPhonealley, http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=4751120#post4751120
http://www.iphonealley.com/news/macworld-2008-keynote-live-video-stream
A stream can also be found at iPhonealley, http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=4751120#post4751120
http://www.iphonealley.com/news/macworld-2008-keynote-live-video-stream
more...
User3977
Apr 7, 07:46 AM
maybe i missed it but why is everyone saying that is not much storage? they are not going to store a copy of a movie for each person. they will just store a movie and allow everyone that has access to that file read it. That makes sense to me and will allow a crap load of media to be saved there.
OrangeSVTguy
Apr 28, 05:01 AM
After looking around, guess the 1TB 12.5mm hard drives won't fit either in the 2010 Mac Minis. Guess I'll be removing the optical drive then and installing it there... :p
Anyways, I will know for sure when I rip into my unibody Mini tomorrow :D
Anyways, I will know for sure when I rip into my unibody Mini tomorrow :D
more...
Edwin the Elder
Sep 26, 09:53 PM
Seems like the Canadian price hasn't changed wither. It's stuck at $139 (Canadian).
And my subscription expires in 6 days.
And my subscription expires in 6 days.
edesignuk
Oct 12, 03:48 PM
http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/macros/homerrepost.jpg
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=92638&highlight=cherryos
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=92638&highlight=cherryos
more...

ucfgrad93
Oct 3, 11:50 AM
On my iMac.
AWallen90
May 5, 02:39 PM
Bump.
more...
roadbloc
Dec 1, 04:41 PM
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9925/screenshot20101201at506.png (http://img32.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20101201at506.png/)
Dunno if you noticed mate, but you have 60 unread mail.
Dunno if you noticed mate, but you have 60 unread mail.
Geronimo51
Mar 26, 12:31 PM
I have a FlipHD, and it automatically syncs all my movies into iphoto. Does iphoto compress or alter (loss of quality) these videos by merely syncing them?
Thanks!:D
Thanks!:D
more...
angelwatt
Feb 7, 06:49 PM
Do you have a live example you can point us at. Can't help based solely on a description.
jav6454
Jan 1, 08:46 PM
I keep seeing it discussed but I don't know what it is. What is the best way to fold? What gets me the most points I know I can add things to the advanced section what do I put? And what is passkey.
Passkey make you even more unique since it verifies it is actually you the one folding points. At least that's how I get it. Furthermore, with a passkey, you get more bonuses than without.
Passkey make you even more unique since it verifies it is actually you the one folding points. At least that's how I get it. Furthermore, with a passkey, you get more bonuses than without.
more...
ClassicMac247
Jul 9, 09:00 AM
Anyone going to the at&t store here in Brick NJ? I will probably be there around 10min to 8. Leave a comment if you plan on going, it should be empty because no one goes to this place. I don't blame them.
LethalWolfe
Nov 11, 01:57 PM
I would still estimate that there are many more FCP installs in use than Avid.
If you look at the industry as a whole there are but the higher up the food chain you go the fewer FCP seats you see. These numbers are from a couple of years ago but from what I remember FCP had about 50% of the market and Avid had 25% or 30%. A survey of A.C.E. members (American Cinema Editors), who mainly work on 'Hollywood' TV shows and movies, taken around the same time showed that about 80% of members used Avid while about 10% used FCP.
For feature films and television these days, Final Cut is ABSOLUTELY the industry standard. Oh and in the 8 years I've lived in Hollywood, I never met one person in the industry who uses a Windows PC (maybe a writer or two).
No, it's not and people do use PCs although Macs are typically much more common in the creative fields than in the general population.
Lethal
If you look at the industry as a whole there are but the higher up the food chain you go the fewer FCP seats you see. These numbers are from a couple of years ago but from what I remember FCP had about 50% of the market and Avid had 25% or 30%. A survey of A.C.E. members (American Cinema Editors), who mainly work on 'Hollywood' TV shows and movies, taken around the same time showed that about 80% of members used Avid while about 10% used FCP.
For feature films and television these days, Final Cut is ABSOLUTELY the industry standard. Oh and in the 8 years I've lived in Hollywood, I never met one person in the industry who uses a Windows PC (maybe a writer or two).
No, it's not and people do use PCs although Macs are typically much more common in the creative fields than in the general population.
Lethal
alent1234
Apr 7, 10:24 AM
Only issue I want fixed is wifi. Disconnects a lot.
other than the regular router issues between devices of different manufacturers, there is an old wifi bug that dates back to the first ipad. when it goes to sleep it doesn't release the IP after the half life of the lease like it's supposed to according to open standards. the router ends up assigning it to another device
other than the regular router issues between devices of different manufacturers, there is an old wifi bug that dates back to the first ipad. when it goes to sleep it doesn't release the IP after the half life of the lease like it's supposed to according to open standards. the router ends up assigning it to another device
MacRumors
Sep 26, 08:27 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)
Apple has posted a preview (http://www.mac.com/1/webmail.html) of their improved .Mac webmail service with a familiar feel.
With its smart use of the latest web technology, it'll remind you of the Mail application on your desktop, with a simple and elegant interface, drag-and-drop capability, built-in Address Book, and more
The new .Mac webmail looks like Mac OS X's Mail client with support for drag-and-drop, smart refreshes, built-in address book, quick reply and more.
Apple's .Mac service is a US $99.95/year service offering web mail, and some Mac OS X integration.
Apple has posted a preview (http://www.mac.com/1/webmail.html) of their improved .Mac webmail service with a familiar feel.
With its smart use of the latest web technology, it'll remind you of the Mail application on your desktop, with a simple and elegant interface, drag-and-drop capability, built-in Address Book, and more
The new .Mac webmail looks like Mac OS X's Mail client with support for drag-and-drop, smart refreshes, built-in address book, quick reply and more.
Apple's .Mac service is a US $99.95/year service offering web mail, and some Mac OS X integration.
philipt42
Oct 11, 09:25 PM
Cool idea
I'll check it out
I'll check it out
MrMac'n'Cheese
Mar 27, 09:03 PM
Ok I see the auction says cancelled by seller. Guess we scared him ;)
Good job! It's our lawful moral responsibility to crush these scumbag trolls.
Good job! It's our lawful moral responsibility to crush these scumbag trolls.
tigress666
Apr 4, 02:48 PM
I would gladly pay a $50 fee to continue to upgrade my phone every year. My bro in-law who just got the
Seriously.
For those having a hissy fit and saying this is going to make them go to Verizon, how does that help you? Verizon doesn't give you any early upgrade price so with them you just end up paying full price (Which is more expensive than the subsidy AT&T is giving for one year upgrades).
I fail to see the logic here on why Verizon is better than AT&T in this regard? Because AT&T got more expensive (but still has a better option than Verizon)? So you'll go and pay more at Verizon that doesn't even offer an early upgrade because AT&T got a little more expensive? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
I'll be the sensible consumer and go with who gives me the better deal, regardless if one of them increased their prices. IF they still have the better deal, I might be upset it's not as good as a deal as before, but I'm still going to pick it. I'll save my spiteful boycotting for when they actually try to scam me or do something it is worth paying more for (no one see the irony in paying more somewhere else cause the place you're ticked off at increased prices but still is cheaper?).
Seriously.
For those having a hissy fit and saying this is going to make them go to Verizon, how does that help you? Verizon doesn't give you any early upgrade price so with them you just end up paying full price (Which is more expensive than the subsidy AT&T is giving for one year upgrades).
I fail to see the logic here on why Verizon is better than AT&T in this regard? Because AT&T got more expensive (but still has a better option than Verizon)? So you'll go and pay more at Verizon that doesn't even offer an early upgrade because AT&T got a little more expensive? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
I'll be the sensible consumer and go with who gives me the better deal, regardless if one of them increased their prices. IF they still have the better deal, I might be upset it's not as good as a deal as before, but I'm still going to pick it. I'll save my spiteful boycotting for when they actually try to scam me or do something it is worth paying more for (no one see the irony in paying more somewhere else cause the place you're ticked off at increased prices but still is cheaper?).
wings400
Aug 15, 04:16 PM
Mine (MBP 13')
OMG, mine look almost the same :D
OMG, mine look almost the same :D
No comments:
Post a Comment