jacobson00
May 6, 11:11 AM
How is this thread ridiculous? Is someone on here already tried any of those and it didn't work or did work. Perhaps they can share with us. Nothing ridiculous about it.
And you see, i got the answers for the replies above
And you see, i got the answers for the replies above

elpmas
Jun 15, 10:53 PM
Dr. Macenstein is full of crap. MacRumor.com's bot has been pwned.
hhahaha :]. Support+1
hhahaha :]. Support+1
Leet Apple
Dec 29, 05:11 PM
http://www.mypay-computers-credit.com/wp-content/uploads/unibody-15inch-macbook-pro.jpg
http://hippestphone.com/wp-content/beautifycache/1816826276_iphone-3g-ios4-rm-eng.jpg
MacBook Pro and iPhone 3G have kept me very entertained
http://hippestphone.com/wp-content/beautifycache/1816826276_iphone-3g-ios4-rm-eng.jpg
MacBook Pro and iPhone 3G have kept me very entertained
Boston007
Apr 22, 12:48 PM
CPU intensive programs will make your computer work, get hot, and activate the fan, therefore---loud
Are you using Skype ALL the time? If not, shut it down when you are not using it.
This is normal
Are you using Skype ALL the time? If not, shut it down when you are not using it.
This is normal
more...
jefhatfield
Jul 7, 04:44 AM
wow. thanks
btw, kainjow is only id number 190 which is the oldest regular poster i can think of
blakespot is the oldest listed at id number 9
btw, kainjow is only id number 190 which is the oldest regular poster i can think of
blakespot is the oldest listed at id number 9

Legion93
Apr 23, 09:43 PM
He used a Mac.
Image (http://boskolives.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/powerbook_5300_screen.jpg?w=400&h=263)
Looks like Mac OS X Cheetah or Puma :d
Image (http://boskolives.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/powerbook_5300_screen.jpg?w=400&h=263)
Looks like Mac OS X Cheetah or Puma :d
more...
IJ Reilly
Sep 29, 12:01 AM
I've been using Keynote lately for work presentations. It's annoying not to be able to give them to PC co-workers. PPT such a piece of crap, and i'd like to be able to use keynote more, but sadly it's not super useful anywhere other than my computer.
Why annoying, because PowerPoint is so lame? You can export Keynote to PowerPoint, or to Flash, or QuickTime, or PDF.
Why annoying, because PowerPoint is so lame? You can export Keynote to PowerPoint, or to Flash, or QuickTime, or PDF.
Doctor Q
Jul 5, 12:45 PM
Allume has been acquired by Smith Micro Software.
Press release (http://www.smithmicro.com/default.tpl?group=news_full&id1=273&id2=13):Smith Micro Software Inc., a developer and marketer of a wide range of software and services for the wireless market, today announced it has acquired Allume Systems, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of International Microcomputer Software Inc.
Allume is a leading provider of compression software solutions that enable state of the art compression, security and archiving of data including JPEG, MPEG and MP3 platforms. The Company's pioneering product suite known as StuffIt� has been a de facto industry standard since 1986.I suppose the Aladdin software -- StuffIt, Internet Cleanup, Spring Cleaning, etc. -- will stay the same, but with yet another new owner.
Press release (http://www.smithmicro.com/default.tpl?group=news_full&id1=273&id2=13):Smith Micro Software Inc., a developer and marketer of a wide range of software and services for the wireless market, today announced it has acquired Allume Systems, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of International Microcomputer Software Inc.
Allume is a leading provider of compression software solutions that enable state of the art compression, security and archiving of data including JPEG, MPEG and MP3 platforms. The Company's pioneering product suite known as StuffIt� has been a de facto industry standard since 1986.I suppose the Aladdin software -- StuffIt, Internet Cleanup, Spring Cleaning, etc. -- will stay the same, but with yet another new owner.
more...
bruinsrme
May 3, 11:11 AM
take a look here it will guide you through the process.
http://www.iclarified.com/entries/index.php?caid=2&scid=11&seid=2
http://www.iclarified.com/entries/index.php?caid=2&scid=11&seid=2
MacCheetah3
Dec 14, 03:20 PM
Hi
You've Got Private Messages!
You've Got Private Messages!
more...

furryrabidbunny
Sep 8, 08:40 PM
I am leaving the mac world :( I just got a HP computer with a slow celeron and 256 memory. My parents though need a more powerful computer, their 233 mhz beige isn't cutting it. So i am giving them my eMac and using the HP still macs hit intel. This is not going to be fun.
besler3035
Jan 16, 06:33 PM
When I enter iPhoto, I usually notice that the font is noticably bigger in the Source area than it is in iTunes. Basically, it looks like the exact same size as in iCal's Calendar area. It IS NOT the Large size, but is in-between the small and large size.
I have tried changing the source size and it works until I close it. When I start iPhoto back up again, it goes back to the bigger size. Is there anyway I can stop this from happening, or is this just a common bug with iPhoto?
I have tried changing the source size and it works until I close it. When I start iPhoto back up again, it goes back to the bigger size. Is there anyway I can stop this from happening, or is this just a common bug with iPhoto?
more...
garlapati
Apr 12, 01:34 PM
Is there a way can I download files on IPad?
matteusclement
Mar 24, 12:30 AM
If you do a little bit of searing, you can see some pretty cool videos by people using nothing but iPhones, especially the iphone4.
Has anyone here played with the iPhone 4 to do some videos?
I have bought some stuff on eBay such as a wide angle lens and macro lens to play with. I am having a hell of a time trying to find a 15ft or longer 3ring cable extension to attach a external mic to. But once I have that, I'll use another eBay toy to mount it on a small tripod.
Some might wonder why I am bothring with the iPhone as a video tool, but the fact that I can carry a HD camera kit in my shoulder bag is too convenient not to try.
I'll be using it do interviews and creative work.
More to come.
Has anyone here played with the iPhone 4 to do some videos?
I have bought some stuff on eBay such as a wide angle lens and macro lens to play with. I am having a hell of a time trying to find a 15ft or longer 3ring cable extension to attach a external mic to. But once I have that, I'll use another eBay toy to mount it on a small tripod.
Some might wonder why I am bothring with the iPhone as a video tool, but the fact that I can carry a HD camera kit in my shoulder bag is too convenient not to try.
I'll be using it do interviews and creative work.
More to come.
more...
discounteggroll
May 3, 10:56 AM
I opted to get the 4GB version, but waited until the refurb was available (they go quickly so check often and jump when it's in stock). I got it for $929 from apple. I would recommend a plastic case/sleeve/keyboard cover from ebay as they are less than $30 shipped and add very little as far as bulk/weight, but do a nice job of keeping the unit scratch-free and protected (not from drops, of course)
edit*
here's a list of the DVD drives I'd recommend. The top 2 are DVD ROM's and the second 2 are DVD burners. For the air I doubt you'd need a burner but for $10 more why not? The cables they come with have a mini USB (plugs into drive) and 2 standard USB cables, but you only need to connect one of them in order to use the drive (the one with 2 cables coming out of it, you'll understand once you look at it)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=asus+dvd+usb&x=0&y=0
edit*
here's a list of the DVD drives I'd recommend. The top 2 are DVD ROM's and the second 2 are DVD burners. For the air I doubt you'd need a burner but for $10 more why not? The cables they come with have a mini USB (plugs into drive) and 2 standard USB cables, but you only need to connect one of them in order to use the drive (the one with 2 cables coming out of it, you'll understand once you look at it)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=asus+dvd+usb&x=0&y=0
adpretto
Apr 30, 07:48 AM
Hey There,
Thanks for the shout out.
Me and My GF are first in line out here in San Diego , And at our Apple Store no one is inside, and we are out here alone.
only 11 more hours HAHA
Thanks for the shout out.
Me and My GF are first in line out here in San Diego , And at our Apple Store no one is inside, and we are out here alone.
only 11 more hours HAHA
more...
P-Worm
Dec 22, 01:05 AM
I think I have to give them props for making a pixlet version. I've never seen a pixlet clip.
P-Worm
P-Worm
gwuMACaddict
Dec 9, 10:10 AM
too funny... it really gets *that* hot though?
entatlrg
Jul 10, 10:53 AM
Try a Thinkpad T-series. Best-built for the money, with user-replaceable parts (try finding that on most machines today), and a keyboard that puts all others to shame.
ThinkPad displays suck, otherwise a nice computer. Huge mistake on Lenovo's behalf imo.
ThinkPad displays suck, otherwise a nice computer. Huge mistake on Lenovo's behalf imo.
ender land
May 4, 01:53 PM
if you are a student, waiting to take advantage of a likely free iPod program is a good idea. (maybe this is currently happening)
*LTD*
Apr 18, 08:46 AM
True.
An 8MP cam with with a better lens will destroy it.
Cameraphones will always be a bit gimped purely because of their size and multifunction nature.
Very soon it will make no difference as these cameraphones will supersede single-function point-and-shoot cameras in sales. In due course it won't be worth it to manufacture them unless they're higher-end. And by point-and-shoot I mean a Canon Powershot SD1000, for example.
Device convergence. Cameraphones have been catching up very nicely as of late. I can do so me pretty astounding things with my iPhone 4 camera plus photo software. The only real issue yet to be sorted out is zoom.
An 8MP cam with with a better lens will destroy it.
Cameraphones will always be a bit gimped purely because of their size and multifunction nature.
Very soon it will make no difference as these cameraphones will supersede single-function point-and-shoot cameras in sales. In due course it won't be worth it to manufacture them unless they're higher-end. And by point-and-shoot I mean a Canon Powershot SD1000, for example.
Device convergence. Cameraphones have been catching up very nicely as of late. I can do so me pretty astounding things with my iPhone 4 camera plus photo software. The only real issue yet to be sorted out is zoom.
Natesac
May 4, 05:12 PM
That's really the beauty of google voice, once you transisition to it you never have to worry about changing numbers again or giving people different numbers. You do have to make that initial transition and give all your contacts a new number BUT it's the last one you will have to hive them.
Does this provide a seamless way to transition from texting on my iPhone to texting on the iPad and vice versa? I wouldn't even dream of switching numbers unless the experience of sending and receiving texts was better than just using my phone.
Does this provide a seamless way to transition from texting on my iPhone to texting on the iPad and vice versa? I wouldn't even dream of switching numbers unless the experience of sending and receiving texts was better than just using my phone.
cb911
Nov 9, 11:07 PM
whoa. i didn't even know this forum existed! :eek:
can i be old skool? well at least i know i'm older skool than the newbies & regulars. :p
BTW, i also remember shrek and cleo. :)
can i be old skool? well at least i know i'm older skool than the newbies & regulars. :p
BTW, i also remember shrek and cleo. :)
titaniumducky
Oct 16, 01:23 PM
I am planning to Switch (upgrade) from PC to Mac but I still need to run some PC programs.
The only thing I hear about Virtual PC is that it�s terrible slow.
I am planning to put 2 Gigas of ram on my new Imac 20".
1 giga dedicated to the Virtual PC.
Does anybody has an experience if by doing this I should see a lot of performace Gain on Virtual PC?
I�am not planning to run games just normal applications (some design an graphics) but I need to run them on PC envieroment to ensure compatibility.
Thanks in advance for advice.
What graphics programs do you need to run on the PC side? Chances are it's something that requires a lot of power - meaning it's probably going to be ridiculously slow.
My guess is that you'll be better off designing in OS X. Then you can test the file (or whatever you need to do) in Virtual PC to ensure compatibility.
The only thing I hear about Virtual PC is that it�s terrible slow.
I am planning to put 2 Gigas of ram on my new Imac 20".
1 giga dedicated to the Virtual PC.
Does anybody has an experience if by doing this I should see a lot of performace Gain on Virtual PC?
I�am not planning to run games just normal applications (some design an graphics) but I need to run them on PC envieroment to ensure compatibility.
Thanks in advance for advice.
What graphics programs do you need to run on the PC side? Chances are it's something that requires a lot of power - meaning it's probably going to be ridiculously slow.
My guess is that you'll be better off designing in OS X. Then you can test the file (or whatever you need to do) in Virtual PC to ensure compatibility.
No comments:
Post a Comment