
iFiend
May 5, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the responses, i'll do a full restore tonight to see if it has any effects on the battery life, I don't want to turn off the push notifications and push email unless I have too.
it could be that I am in a no service area for most of the day and the phone keeps trying to get the service so maybe I just need to switch it into airplane mode whenever I have no service.
This is 100% your issue. I wouldn't bother with a restore.
it could be that I am in a no service area for most of the day and the phone keeps trying to get the service so maybe I just need to switch it into airplane mode whenever I have no service.
This is 100% your issue. I wouldn't bother with a restore.
MacTech68
Apr 27, 11:58 AM
Can you link us to the ebay auction so we can see some pictures.etc?
Possibly this (http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iMac-G4-Q26-DVT-17-Display-1-0GHZ-DVD-ROM-Parts-/200461261683) ?
________
Ford Ikon (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Ikon)
Possibly this (http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iMac-G4-Q26-DVT-17-Display-1-0GHZ-DVD-ROM-Parts-/200461261683) ?
________
Ford Ikon (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Ikon)

elVince
May 6, 11:25 PM
I had the same heating issues while playing WoW on my 15" Late-2009 MBP. I began looking at coolers and decided on the Rain Design mStand. While not an active cooler, it does lift the notebook off the desk surface, providing better air circulation. The aluminum design also helps dissipate heat. As an added bonus, it looks great too.
www.raindesigninc.com
:apple:
Meh, i dont want to have to deal with an external keyboard
I suggest the NZXT cooler.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834997340
The reviews on that seem to be mixed between it actually cooling things down and the usb ports working?
www.raindesigninc.com
:apple:
Meh, i dont want to have to deal with an external keyboard
I suggest the NZXT cooler.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834997340
The reviews on that seem to be mixed between it actually cooling things down and the usb ports working?
Counterfit
Nov 6, 05:45 PM
Well, I just tried and downloaded 64kB. Do you have an uncorrupted copy you can replace it with?
more...
Morn
Dec 9, 05:12 AM
OS9... hhehehe, Even apple was trying to replace mac classic as early as 93. os9 was a terribly outdated OS for it's time. Man, thank god for steve and osx.
applextrent
Apr 6, 07:51 PM
I just released a free WordPress theme called iFeature for free. It looks like Apple's website and even has a feature slider, social networking, and sharing options.
http://cyberchimps.com/ifeature
Let me know what you think!
http://cyberchimps.com/ifeature
Let me know what you think!
more...
arn
Dec 9, 10:17 PM
Looking for a roll call on people interested in an official MacRumors reader gathering on January 14th (Monday) evening (prob start between 6 and 8). The keynote takes place on Tuesday, Jan 15th.
Time and Location to be determined, but it will be close to Moscone.
Please indicate if you are planning on coming and your age.
Thanks
arn
Time and Location to be determined, but it will be close to Moscone.
Please indicate if you are planning on coming and your age.
Thanks
arn
Suture
Mar 27, 09:29 PM
Hah, I remember picking one up so I could play Turok 2 with better textures and/or resolution.
Now that I think about it (N64), I really did like Beetle Adventure Racing.
Now that I think about it (N64), I really did like Beetle Adventure Racing.
more...
MRCHILLYBOO
Apr 19, 03:40 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)
Ok thank you. If I got an iMac I would get a 21.5. And if I got a MacBook I would get a 13.3 screen size. But I'm not sure what to get?
Ok thank you. If I got an iMac I would get a 21.5. And if I got a MacBook I would get a 13.3 screen size. But I'm not sure what to get?

Jakeoster
May 6, 09:19 PM
I've heard my parents talking about getting iPhones. I guess this is all they needed to make it happen because they arnt ones to buy unlocked black-market phones.
more...

kilidar
May 5, 03:22 PM
if you get a google voice number (FREE) and download that app on your ipad you can use that number to text.
I have google voice on my iphone and ipad and use it to text because it is 100% free!
Can u receive replies?
I have google voice on my iphone and ipad and use it to text because it is 100% free!
Can u receive replies?
yippy
Nov 3, 07:40 PM
I am looking to share some photos and get a blog online and I can't decide what the best way to do this would be. I appolagize for the long post but I am trying to be thorough in giving you my thinking my thinking. I'll try to be organized to make up for it.
Background:
Next year I am going to be studying abroad in Europe for two semesters and would like to tell people back home in the states how things are going. I have minimal html/webpage experience, limited time to learn stuff and mess around with it and and money is tight. I have also never done any blogging before and am very unlikely to make good use of it.
Usage/what I am looking for:
1)A simple blog to tell family and friends (that includes you guys if you want) how things are going and about any adventures I might have.
2)Host a couple hundred pictures, organized in albums, for people to look at and have them available to download at full resolution, taken with a 5mp camera. My mom is big on pictures so this is mostly for her, she also likes to print them which is why they need to be full rez.
3) Easy to navigate. The audience for this will be several computer illiterite people and some on 56k modems so posted pictures need to be thumbnails with links to the originals.
4) Easy to deploy. I have a full coursload at school, a job and something resembling a social life so I I don't have hours to update it (initial settup can be slow as I don't need it up an running for a month or two).
5) CHEAP, in fact free unless I think there is no possible other way.
My options: These are the possiblities that I have been considering.
1) The ultimate solution would be something like fotki.com as it has photo hosting/printing/linking and a journal all on one website with an easy interface. However it costs $50 a year and that is more than I can afford.
2)Get things from separate places. Get a blog like blogger (http://www.blogger.com) and find someplace to host pictures, maybe one of those online printing places like Snapfish so that I get unlimited free storage.
3) Make my own website. Here I have two sub options.
a) I have 100Mb of non scriptable webspace on a webdav server through my university that I could use. Picture storage would be limited but that might be ok.
b) I have a Digital Audio G4 tower running Panther that I currently use as a printserver. I could easily demilitarize it on our router and use something like no-ip to access it. Pros being unlimited completely customizeable space, cons being it is more work and I will not have physical access to it when over seas so if something goes wrong it will be vary hard to fix because I would have to talk one of my family trough fixing it.
The ability to download in full rez is probably the least important as I can find other ways of getting those to my mom.
So, what would you do in my situation, remember time and money are the deciding factors here, don't have much of either. Any feedback is greatly appriciated.
Background:
Next year I am going to be studying abroad in Europe for two semesters and would like to tell people back home in the states how things are going. I have minimal html/webpage experience, limited time to learn stuff and mess around with it and and money is tight. I have also never done any blogging before and am very unlikely to make good use of it.
Usage/what I am looking for:
1)A simple blog to tell family and friends (that includes you guys if you want) how things are going and about any adventures I might have.
2)Host a couple hundred pictures, organized in albums, for people to look at and have them available to download at full resolution, taken with a 5mp camera. My mom is big on pictures so this is mostly for her, she also likes to print them which is why they need to be full rez.
3) Easy to navigate. The audience for this will be several computer illiterite people and some on 56k modems so posted pictures need to be thumbnails with links to the originals.
4) Easy to deploy. I have a full coursload at school, a job and something resembling a social life so I I don't have hours to update it (initial settup can be slow as I don't need it up an running for a month or two).
5) CHEAP, in fact free unless I think there is no possible other way.
My options: These are the possiblities that I have been considering.
1) The ultimate solution would be something like fotki.com as it has photo hosting/printing/linking and a journal all on one website with an easy interface. However it costs $50 a year and that is more than I can afford.
2)Get things from separate places. Get a blog like blogger (http://www.blogger.com) and find someplace to host pictures, maybe one of those online printing places like Snapfish so that I get unlimited free storage.
3) Make my own website. Here I have two sub options.
a) I have 100Mb of non scriptable webspace on a webdav server through my university that I could use. Picture storage would be limited but that might be ok.
b) I have a Digital Audio G4 tower running Panther that I currently use as a printserver. I could easily demilitarize it on our router and use something like no-ip to access it. Pros being unlimited completely customizeable space, cons being it is more work and I will not have physical access to it when over seas so if something goes wrong it will be vary hard to fix because I would have to talk one of my family trough fixing it.
The ability to download in full rez is probably the least important as I can find other ways of getting those to my mom.
So, what would you do in my situation, remember time and money are the deciding factors here, don't have much of either. Any feedback is greatly appriciated.
more...
iccy82
Jun 5, 07:45 AM
lol, why no spymac :D
vollspacken
Dec 28, 05:18 PM
it seems that this app also downloaded and installed:
- Stinky Wet Food 2.5.6
- Litterbox .014(beta)
- Shredded Upholstery Pro 7.2
- Catnip 3.3
- Trip To The Vet 4.4
Not only is this app not ready for prime time, but these dependencies are really hammering my drive space. And I now have worms.
haha, how did those pranksters get it uploaded???:D
vSpacken
- Stinky Wet Food 2.5.6
- Litterbox .014(beta)
- Shredded Upholstery Pro 7.2
- Catnip 3.3
- Trip To The Vet 4.4
Not only is this app not ready for prime time, but these dependencies are really hammering my drive space. And I now have worms.
haha, how did those pranksters get it uploaded???:D
vSpacken
more...
IJ Reilly
Sep 29, 10:23 AM
Export to Quicktime presentation, install Quicktime on PCs.
edit: kayjprod beat me to it.
No actually I did, several posts earlier. ;)
Anyway, very good idea about the Keynote player for Windows. Listen up, Apple!
edit: kayjprod beat me to it.
No actually I did, several posts earlier. ;)
Anyway, very good idea about the Keynote player for Windows. Listen up, Apple!
jca24
Feb 9, 01:34 PM
Why can't I make a call, check email and web on v??
more...
Nuck81
Oct 21, 08:01 PM
Colin Hay
Nick Drake
David Gray
Jack Johnson
John Williams
Al Di Meola
Nick Drake
David Gray
Jack Johnson
John Williams
Al Di Meola
Reflow
Apr 29, 06:01 PM
A client of mine spilled a Diet Coke on her unibody white MacBook.
What is a unibody white MacBook? It's either white or an unibody. If it's the white one then the kb is very easy to replace, if it's the unibody one you have to almost completely remove everything to replace the top cover. As for the damage it could be and easy fix or a dead logic board. When the spill happened did you remove power and shut it down immediately?
What is a unibody white MacBook? It's either white or an unibody. If it's the white one then the kb is very easy to replace, if it's the unibody one you have to almost completely remove everything to replace the top cover. As for the damage it could be and easy fix or a dead logic board. When the spill happened did you remove power and shut it down immediately?
GGJstudios
Feb 14, 12:39 PM
My last thread was closed, I wasn't finished with my questions :(.
Please stop what you're doing and read the link I posted in your last thread. If you really want to have an intelligent, informed view on malware, you need to read this:
Mac Virus/Malware Info (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9400648&postcount=4)
By the way, the article you posted refers to trojans, not viruses, which can easily be avoided with some common sense.
Please stop what you're doing and read the link I posted in your last thread. If you really want to have an intelligent, informed view on malware, you need to read this:
Mac Virus/Malware Info (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9400648&postcount=4)
By the way, the article you posted refers to trojans, not viruses, which can easily be avoided with some common sense.
JackT06
Feb 15, 08:01 AM
I need to find out how to make it so that the user can change the font size... But i'm unable to find an online tutorial on how to do it.
I want to make it so that in the footer there are 3 different buttons, which will make the font smaller, the same, and then bigger.
Thanks
I want to make it so that in the footer there are 3 different buttons, which will make the font smaller, the same, and then bigger.
Thanks
jayscheuerle
Jul 5, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by tazo
i think the biggest hurdle to leap over to run panther, are the graphic card limitations of the older machines. stuff like the cube user switching and expose are going to be cpu and graphic card intensive. do you think those older machines would be able to handle those?
Panther doesn't claim to support any
G3 without built in usb ports. That means the beige boxes and the first G3 laptops are out of luck.
Would Apple purposely exclude these machines even though the ability is there in both the machines and the OS?
Of course...
i think the biggest hurdle to leap over to run panther, are the graphic card limitations of the older machines. stuff like the cube user switching and expose are going to be cpu and graphic card intensive. do you think those older machines would be able to handle those?
Panther doesn't claim to support any
G3 without built in usb ports. That means the beige boxes and the first G3 laptops are out of luck.
Would Apple purposely exclude these machines even though the ability is there in both the machines and the OS?
Of course...
Adey
Oct 13, 05:29 PM
Seriously? Do people actually get paid to write this stuff?
Un-be-lievable.
Un-be-lievable.
ForumApple
Oct 17, 12:47 AM
HELP!! My G4 CUBE450 has gone crazy recently!
1. It turns on and off by itself all the time.
1. It turns on and off by itself all the time.
notjustjay
Mar 16, 01:35 PM
Wait, you're concerned about the stock price dropping over a single day because you want to buy one share?
No comments:
Post a Comment