psychometry
Oct 5, 07:27 PM
Wow... that whole site is down. Too much traffic, or has Apple's top secret FBI assasin group struck again. One things for sure... don't "F" with those boys and their secrets.
And to the Safari-haters, show some love. Safari might be a little short on features if you're used to Fox or Omni, but at the end of the day it's still the most elegant and simple browser out there, and it does have its strengths. It's RSS reader was pretty groundbreaking, and still is one of the best, it's one of the few browsers that actually handles fonts and anti-aliasing properly, and it renders CSS layouts very cleanly and without bugs for the most part. So don't hate so much. It's only going to get better every time.
Safari's CSS is pretty good, but DOM support is lagging, in my opinion. I use Camino for general web browsing and Firefox with Firebug and other extensions for development. Maybe if Firefox 2 runs faster and leaks and uses less memory I'll use it for everything.
IE7's RSS aggregator looks like it might shape out to be among the best.
And to the Safari-haters, show some love. Safari might be a little short on features if you're used to Fox or Omni, but at the end of the day it's still the most elegant and simple browser out there, and it does have its strengths. It's RSS reader was pretty groundbreaking, and still is one of the best, it's one of the few browsers that actually handles fonts and anti-aliasing properly, and it renders CSS layouts very cleanly and without bugs for the most part. So don't hate so much. It's only going to get better every time.
Safari's CSS is pretty good, but DOM support is lagging, in my opinion. I use Camino for general web browsing and Firefox with Firebug and other extensions for development. Maybe if Firefox 2 runs faster and leaks and uses less memory I'll use it for everything.
IE7's RSS aggregator looks like it might shape out to be among the best.
cranners
Apr 22, 09:14 AM
Just UITableViewCell ?
hayesk
Apr 4, 11:23 AM
You are obviously missing the point. Apple's new subscription model is preventing choice from coming to it's customers. How is that not a bad thing?
What are you talking about? It's enabling choice. Customers have a choice to send their personal data to FT. Before, they did not. What choice is Apple taking away from customers?
Apple says: "give choice to customers."
FT says: "no choice for customers."
And you have the nerve to call people Apple fanboys. That term should nullify your point right then and there.
What are you talking about? It's enabling choice. Customers have a choice to send their personal data to FT. Before, they did not. What choice is Apple taking away from customers?
Apple says: "give choice to customers."
FT says: "no choice for customers."
And you have the nerve to call people Apple fanboys. That term should nullify your point right then and there.
TwinCities Dan
Jul 6, 09:34 PM
Check this thread...
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=500375
:)
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=500375
:)
more...

wrldwzrd89
May 1, 09:09 AM
Oddly enough, I can't get it to appear on Safari but I did get one in Firefox when clicking the Reply button. :o

mattwolfmatt
May 2, 04:32 PM
Those macrumors members either have really big biceps or really small hands. ;)
It's all perspective. The biceps are closer to the camera than the hands. This is why, when taking pictures of fish, you always extend your arms toward the camera.
It's all perspective. The biceps are closer to the camera than the hands. This is why, when taking pictures of fish, you always extend your arms toward the camera.
more...
Benjy91
Mar 23, 12:40 PM
Now if this guy is not leaving to retire. Then RIP Apple. Seriously, if Apple thinks I want my computer to resemble an overgrown iPad then they can loose my money and I'll be buying an Alienware.
Have fun with your Alienware, be sure to have a backup generator on hand for the 12,000 LED's that thing has.
I hear battery life is 20 minutes.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEijGtvc6GcKq3FHNjCPTJNFOB_bpgKP-YWAOW35pSg4llFbboP5GdC2FM6orrhH5LIjsYJvvIFov8VDXaGhOeGAIkotNH2FDCAmUfz-A5Rv3v7c2TsK1k-zKopYL4iqj6yqtWgleUrB08lo/s1600/Pic2AlienwareM17x-800x532.jpg
Have fun with your Alienware, be sure to have a backup generator on hand for the 12,000 LED's that thing has.
I hear battery life is 20 minutes.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEijGtvc6GcKq3FHNjCPTJNFOB_bpgKP-YWAOW35pSg4llFbboP5GdC2FM6orrhH5LIjsYJvvIFov8VDXaGhOeGAIkotNH2FDCAmUfz-A5Rv3v7c2TsK1k-zKopYL4iqj6yqtWgleUrB08lo/s1600/Pic2AlienwareM17x-800x532.jpg
cyrax83
Jan 9, 09:21 PM
I really hated this years keynote.
Correct me if i'm wrong but Jobs said at the start of it that it was going to be all about the mac ? What happened.
First he spends about 3/4 of an hour on the apple tv, which I think is an overpriced piece of junk anyway. It has no recording functionality what so ever, and for the price of $450 AU ? Please I could go out and buy a PVR or something that actually does something useful. Also 720p ? Thats beginning to get outdated even now with the introduction of blu-ray and HD-DVD, 720p simply is not good enough.
Secondly he spends the rest of the keynote dedicated to an iPhone which isn't even available for another 6 months and another 12 months for the rest of the world. 6-12 Months ? Are you kidding me, I nearly choked. Shipping with a 2 megapixel camera and 4/8gb variants at a pretty high price, how will this technology fair in 6-12 months (which is a huge time in technology's perspective). A 2megapixel camera is already outdated with 3 mp becoming the standard and even nokias 5mp phone with GPS coming out very soon.
What happened to leopard, or updates on the mac portable line ? Heres what happened, they ditched the computer from their name and now want to focus on **** overpriced gadgets. Yes the iPhone did look pretty nice, but for what it is/price/time of release, its lame.
They seemed to have packed all these awesome features into the phone such as a great browser and google maps, and even widgets, but I just said to myself, whats the point ? Data charges here in Australia are INSANELY HIGH, how often would you use it ? Once in a blue moon - or never.
They've called it a smart phone but what about the applications a smart phone really needs - such as a word processor or a spreadsheet. I for one will not be buying it as I already have a dedicated mp3 player and a phone, which I prefer as the mp3 player battery life doesnt affect my phone battery life.
Correct me if i'm wrong but Jobs said at the start of it that it was going to be all about the mac ? What happened.
First he spends about 3/4 of an hour on the apple tv, which I think is an overpriced piece of junk anyway. It has no recording functionality what so ever, and for the price of $450 AU ? Please I could go out and buy a PVR or something that actually does something useful. Also 720p ? Thats beginning to get outdated even now with the introduction of blu-ray and HD-DVD, 720p simply is not good enough.
Secondly he spends the rest of the keynote dedicated to an iPhone which isn't even available for another 6 months and another 12 months for the rest of the world. 6-12 Months ? Are you kidding me, I nearly choked. Shipping with a 2 megapixel camera and 4/8gb variants at a pretty high price, how will this technology fair in 6-12 months (which is a huge time in technology's perspective). A 2megapixel camera is already outdated with 3 mp becoming the standard and even nokias 5mp phone with GPS coming out very soon.
What happened to leopard, or updates on the mac portable line ? Heres what happened, they ditched the computer from their name and now want to focus on **** overpriced gadgets. Yes the iPhone did look pretty nice, but for what it is/price/time of release, its lame.
They seemed to have packed all these awesome features into the phone such as a great browser and google maps, and even widgets, but I just said to myself, whats the point ? Data charges here in Australia are INSANELY HIGH, how often would you use it ? Once in a blue moon - or never.
They've called it a smart phone but what about the applications a smart phone really needs - such as a word processor or a spreadsheet. I for one will not be buying it as I already have a dedicated mp3 player and a phone, which I prefer as the mp3 player battery life doesnt affect my phone battery life.
more...
OSMac
Apr 8, 07:40 AM
Tempest ok for .99

eclipse525
Nov 7, 11:31 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Lacie's SilverKeeper (http://www.lacie.com/silverkeeper/). It works very well for backups; basically syncing your folders with the backup version (on your iPod, or your FireWire drive, or wherever). Unlike CarbonCopyCloner it removes files from the backup that are no longer on the source, and it only copies the files that have changed. Also it'll let you keep multiple copies of the backups.
Yeah...but doesn't Retrospect (http://www.dantz.com/en/products/mac_desktop/index.dtml) do the same thing but better?
~e
Yeah...but doesn't Retrospect (http://www.dantz.com/en/products/mac_desktop/index.dtml) do the same thing but better?
~e
more...
BC2009
Apr 13, 10:41 AM
The screen may not change on the next revision. So there may be no need to change production.
Exactly my thoughts.
Exactly my thoughts.
daviddcmd
Mar 27, 11:24 AM
I do understand law.
In civil court....you are correct. In criminal court...no dice. In a criminal court the prosector has to prove that the defendant has violated the LETTER OF LAW. Clearly the seller didn't in this case.
Civil court judges have much more freedom to interpret law (and intent) than criminal.
You are correct. That's why this isn't a criminal case despite the cry to send this seller to jail.
In civil court....you are correct. In criminal court...no dice. In a criminal court the prosector has to prove that the defendant has violated the LETTER OF LAW. Clearly the seller didn't in this case.
Civil court judges have much more freedom to interpret law (and intent) than criminal.
You are correct. That's why this isn't a criminal case despite the cry to send this seller to jail.
more...
SeaFox
Nov 30, 01:35 AM
The studios want to avoid the experience of the music industry, which has yet to recover from years of illegal digital piracy. Apple must introduce a �new model� for feature film content delivery, said one studio executive involved in the talks. With the average cost of a blockbuster film approaching $100m, movie studios had more to lose than music companies, he added.
Wow, pardon me for stating the obvious here. But you can't "buy" a good movie. So there's no requirement that a studio spend $100 mil per picture. You don't have to use expensive special effects to bring in audiences. There are these things called "good writing" "engaging plot" and "talented acting" that I hear also draw people to theaters as well.
Wow, pardon me for stating the obvious here. But you can't "buy" a good movie. So there's no requirement that a studio spend $100 mil per picture. You don't have to use expensive special effects to bring in audiences. There are these things called "good writing" "engaging plot" and "talented acting" that I hear also draw people to theaters as well.
Embed
Jan 9, 04:54 PM
*spoilers within*
Keynote now up for your consumption:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/appleevents/
DAMN u got here before me
Keynote now up for your consumption:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/appleevents/
DAMN u got here before me
more...
metric152
Oct 17, 05:32 PM
Any takers?
floridaoj1
Dec 28, 01:24 AM
I thought I might post a video I made... It's a mix of 4 video's actually, and some other editing...
It would be cool to have a video category here, but I understand how the bandwidth suffers from it..... :)
Here's my vid, watch it..... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNps4NarNHE)
I may have posted this in the wrong category, sorry.....
It would be cool to have a video category here, but I understand how the bandwidth suffers from it..... :)
Here's my vid, watch it..... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNps4NarNHE)
I may have posted this in the wrong category, sorry.....
more...
Rodimus Prime
Apr 27, 10:39 PM
Without even stepping into the whole "they're lying/they're not lying" debate, and since iOS and Android are the only really choices out there, I'm going with the option that doesn't have its sole business model built on knowing as much as possible about me and sharing it with third parties.
To anyone that thinks Google is giving that OS away for free for altruistic reasons, I have a bridge you might be interested in. ;)
So you go with the company that has shown that is will look for any way to make an extra buck.
I trust Google a hell of a lot more than Apple.
Now that Apple is in the ads game I can tell you they will be a lot worse about sharing your data than Google ever was and will be.
To anyone that thinks Google is giving that OS away for free for altruistic reasons, I have a bridge you might be interested in. ;)
So you go with the company that has shown that is will look for any way to make an extra buck.
I trust Google a hell of a lot more than Apple.
Now that Apple is in the ads game I can tell you they will be a lot worse about sharing your data than Google ever was and will be.
Corndog5595
Nov 13, 05:40 PM
MacRumors Mobile (http://forums.macrumors.com/wap/)
zap2
Sep 24, 05:16 PM
I would have to agree with the others, if you "allow" it or not is irrelevant, it's not your call anymore.
but if your paying the bills(college ect) then they best listen to you or risk losing out on you help them with $$$
but i would let him, he's 18 (and if she is)
but if your paying the bills(college ect) then they best listen to you or risk losing out on you help them with $$$
but i would let him, he's 18 (and if she is)
applemax
Jan 13, 02:11 PM
Made this - what do you think?
rdfine79
May 3, 02:44 AM
I'd like to know, as well. My choice between a 3G-capable iPad or a Wi-Fi model rests largely on how capably the location services work on the iPad. I'll be using a Wi-Fi model tethered to a phone, if this app works as well as advertised.
untypoed
Apr 10, 12:53 AM
.
Grakkle
Nov 20, 10:32 PM
But that is the problem. Instant messaging has been on phones for over two years. Why would they want to sell a phone on instant messaging if everybody pretty much already has a phone with IM already? There's no reason to buy it if they're going to advertise a feature people already have it on their phones.
And how exactly is IM faster than texting?
Yes, especially on the tiny keypad on a phone? At best, the iPhone might have a slid-out keypad, which won't make IM-ing any faster than texting.
And how exactly is IM faster than texting?
Yes, especially on the tiny keypad on a phone? At best, the iPhone might have a slid-out keypad, which won't make IM-ing any faster than texting.
sw19
Mar 12, 12:13 PM
Can any cell phone capable of connecting to the web be used as a Bluetooth modem with an iPad that's been jail broke?
I'm using my Sprint Samsung M610 phone as a modem with my MacBook. Was wondering if it can be done with an iPad.
I'm using my Sprint Samsung M610 phone as a modem with my MacBook. Was wondering if it can be done with an iPad.
No comments:
Post a Comment