
getheledout
Apr 8, 01:53 PM
Well I dont really have a cad program set up right now but in mastercam and google maps its a little difficult to use. Cant wait to get started in solidworks or inventor with it and hopefully learn how to use the little bugger.
I can imagine that using it in a program that only requires 2D navigation can be a bit tricky. It does take getting used to, it's very sensitive.
I can imagine that using it in a program that only requires 2D navigation can be a bit tricky. It does take getting used to, it's very sensitive.
WildCowboy
Jan 5, 09:35 AM
There is also no guarantee that the link will be active during the keynote (aka live) .
Oh, no...I don't think much of anyone expects there to be live coverage. They did away with that some time ago. But the QT archived video should be up within a few hours after the keynote ends.
Oh, no...I don't think much of anyone expects there to be live coverage. They did away with that some time ago. But the QT archived video should be up within a few hours after the keynote ends.
geerlingguy
Oct 3, 08:46 PM
PowerBook G5s, of course!
No, really... I don't think we should expect too much out of the ordinary. iTV, updated iPod(s), new revision of MacBook Pro (perhaps), and Leopard, iLife and iWork updates.
The .Mac stuff is usually under-the-radar, but I suspect something new will come sometime before the keynote.
[Edit: I can't spell 'Leopard' - so shoot me.]
No, really... I don't think we should expect too much out of the ordinary. iTV, updated iPod(s), new revision of MacBook Pro (perhaps), and Leopard, iLife and iWork updates.
The .Mac stuff is usually under-the-radar, but I suspect something new will come sometime before the keynote.
[Edit: I can't spell 'Leopard' - so shoot me.]
Heinekev
Apr 29, 01:36 PM
Yeah, not a lot of stuff has changed from Snow Leopard in the way of user interface, and most of the stuff can be avoided completely, like LaunchPad. There are some annoying things that I've noticed though, like DigitalColor Meter only having the option for RGB colors, and nothing else. Something small that is really annoying.
Spaces behaves completely different due to the fullscreen mode addition, and it's taking some getting used to.
I love the ability double-tap zoom in the browser.
Flash is partially broken.
Spaces behaves completely different due to the fullscreen mode addition, and it's taking some getting used to.
I love the ability double-tap zoom in the browser.
Flash is partially broken.
more...
8CoreWhore
Mar 24, 03:42 PM
http://www.webweaver.nu/clipart/img/nature/cats/a10.gif
Messy
Apr 26, 10:13 AM
I don't read into the results as you might have. This doesn't seem to show manipulation in any of the areas of this photo that are contested and news-worthy. I see an image that has been reproduced and resaved maybe a handful of times before it reached distribution here...
Anyone have any guesses at the extra icons depicted in that folder? The last may be the new facetime, but what of the two before that?
It suggests that the folders have been manipulated, additionally looking at the pixel width and height they are not uniform, suggesting stretching.
Theres also no real reason why it should be a grainy image, even if taken with a camera phone.
Anyone have any guesses at the extra icons depicted in that folder? The last may be the new facetime, but what of the two before that?
It suggests that the folders have been manipulated, additionally looking at the pixel width and height they are not uniform, suggesting stretching.
Theres also no real reason why it should be a grainy image, even if taken with a camera phone.
more...
iJohnHenry
Apr 15, 05:22 PM
One has "gay" and the other doesn't? :p
Ah, an English major. Kudos.
Ah, an English major. Kudos.

MacNut
Apr 23, 12:09 PM
The rating system looks ugly and out of place and just adds clutter to the forums.
more...

barkomatic
Apr 5, 03:22 PM
If they had coupons with the ads that would be good. Otherwise, I'm not sure why I'd want to download this app. There isn't much interesting about little micro ad banners.

intlplby
Sep 25, 11:36 AM
yeah i hope it's teh snappy too... i get beach balls all the time on my fully loaded MBP too.....
it's gonna be nice that it ties in with the other iLife apps.
it's gonna be nice that it ties in with the other iLife apps.
more...
e�Studios
Mar 23, 06:15 PM
This is fascinating!
Out of curiosity how built up is your area? Is this a neighbour you've spoke too before? I think I'd feel worse if one of my neighbours stole something rather than some thief I never met before. That said they're mostly old folk, Paul Scholes and a pub so I don't expect any of them to steal from me!
Anyway. I can't wait to hear how this ends. It sounds like it's all going to work out if you can just get the police into that house. Surely you'll be able to prove it's yours there and then by some serial number, hard drive key or something?
They couldnt tell if they were on your network Jimmi, it drops so much :p
to the OP, i hope you get your x360 back soon, good luck.
Ed
Out of curiosity how built up is your area? Is this a neighbour you've spoke too before? I think I'd feel worse if one of my neighbours stole something rather than some thief I never met before. That said they're mostly old folk, Paul Scholes and a pub so I don't expect any of them to steal from me!
Anyway. I can't wait to hear how this ends. It sounds like it's all going to work out if you can just get the police into that house. Surely you'll be able to prove it's yours there and then by some serial number, hard drive key or something?
They couldnt tell if they were on your network Jimmi, it drops so much :p
to the OP, i hope you get your x360 back soon, good luck.
Ed
Nicky G
Sep 28, 01:25 PM
Very tasteful it seems. Not a surprise.
more...
twoodcc
Apr 29, 08:52 PM
I should have a new system (i7 980x) tomorrow, I will get it set up with Ubuntu to do bigadv units.
you're really getting one?! if so, you'll have to start a new thread about it, and give up updates!
you're really getting one?! if so, you'll have to start a new thread about it, and give up updates!
nosen
Sep 28, 12:45 PM
what sucks is that academic ve4rsions are not allowed this free update.
what bs. considering i just bought the freakin app not more than 3 weeks ago.
where did you see that? :confused:
what bs. considering i just bought the freakin app not more than 3 weeks ago.
where did you see that? :confused:
more...
shawnce
Oct 30, 10:21 AM
The end-fact that Apple's source does not appear to be publicly accessible does not appear to be in dispute, but rather questions have arisen as to whether it was ever publicly accessible (publicly accessible as defined by not requiring registration with Apple. The source is still free).
Any item released under the APSL (Apple Public Source License) requires and has required since the dawn of the APSL users to register an account with Apple (free account). This is done so Apple can track that you have read the APSL before you gain access to the source. It has always been this way... in fact this registration requirement was talked about on and off for years on the Darwin lists (for example (http://lists.apple.com/archives/darwin-development/2001/Mar/msg00329.html)) and was one of the reasons that OpenDarwin was started (some folks just couldn't bring themselves to register).
A few years ago Apple integrated the open source account system with their Apple ID system so that if you have an Apple ID you didn't have to create a separate account you could just use that. See last paragraph of this email (http://lists.apple.com/archives/Publicsource-announce/2003/Aug/msg00000.html).
All Apple Developer Accounts (ADC) can be used as an Apple ID, as can .Mac accounts, Apple support forums accounts, Apple store accounts, etc.
Finally the 10.4.8 source never got linked on the top level darwin source page, only 10.4.7 got listed most recently (I have been looking for the last 3 weeks). The reason is that Apple is transitioning over to macosforge.org (that is the site that lists links to Intel version of XNU and only that site) and they appeared to have hit some system resource issue that has slowed this transition. As I noted in my prior post you can access 10.4.8 sources using a direct link to the tarball.
As a side note I have worked on Darwin sources since it was first put online under the APSL and I worked on aspects of OpenDarwin when it first got going. So I am speaking from a long history of experience with Darwin.
Any item released under the APSL (Apple Public Source License) requires and has required since the dawn of the APSL users to register an account with Apple (free account). This is done so Apple can track that you have read the APSL before you gain access to the source. It has always been this way... in fact this registration requirement was talked about on and off for years on the Darwin lists (for example (http://lists.apple.com/archives/darwin-development/2001/Mar/msg00329.html)) and was one of the reasons that OpenDarwin was started (some folks just couldn't bring themselves to register).
A few years ago Apple integrated the open source account system with their Apple ID system so that if you have an Apple ID you didn't have to create a separate account you could just use that. See last paragraph of this email (http://lists.apple.com/archives/Publicsource-announce/2003/Aug/msg00000.html).
All Apple Developer Accounts (ADC) can be used as an Apple ID, as can .Mac accounts, Apple support forums accounts, Apple store accounts, etc.
Finally the 10.4.8 source never got linked on the top level darwin source page, only 10.4.7 got listed most recently (I have been looking for the last 3 weeks). The reason is that Apple is transitioning over to macosforge.org (that is the site that lists links to Intel version of XNU and only that site) and they appeared to have hit some system resource issue that has slowed this transition. As I noted in my prior post you can access 10.4.8 sources using a direct link to the tarball.
As a side note I have worked on Darwin sources since it was first put online under the APSL and I worked on aspects of OpenDarwin when it first got going. So I am speaking from a long history of experience with Darwin.
twoodcc
Jul 30, 08:26 PM
you got any mac machines in there?? christ, 3 computers - im happy with the one for now!
yes i have macs, but i don't fold with any of them. my mac pro is too old to fold with. but i am eying those new mac pros though
yes i have macs, but i don't fold with any of them. my mac pro is too old to fold with. but i am eying those new mac pros though
more...
stealthman1
Nov 24, 09:12 AM
20% off on the Shure E500PTH was too much to take. I bit.:D

ericmacuser
Apr 25, 01:08 PM
Looks a lot like this knock-off just posted to DX
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/3-5-touch-screen-dual-sim-dual-network-standby-quadband-gsm-cell-phone-w-wi-fi-white-70906
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/3-5-touch-screen-dual-sim-dual-network-standby-quadband-gsm-cell-phone-w-wi-fi-white-70906
citizenzen
May 5, 05:10 PM
Just because it hasn't worked in Chicago doesn't mean it won't work period. Other countries ban guns just fine. It's about enforcement.
It's impossible to enforce a gun ban when all you have to do is drive to the next town to buy them.
If we were to implement restrictions it would have to be nation-wide, or else it would be too easily thwarted.
It's impossible to enforce a gun ban when all you have to do is drive to the next town to buy them.
If we were to implement restrictions it would have to be nation-wide, or else it would be too easily thwarted.
teme
Sep 12, 06:01 AM
The smaller EU iTunes stores are not offering any videos, not even music videos or Pixar short movies. I think there is no hope that the new movie store would be available anytime soon for the smaller iTMS countries. Apple has been quite lazy in the smaller countries about the iTMS, not promotions or exclusives... in Finland it seems that the smaller online music stores get the local finnish music content months before iTMS gets them.
Aniej
Jan 9, 04:37 PM
I posted a story to digg (http://www.digg.com/apple/MacRumors_spoils_keynote_for_watchers_on_their_spoiler_free_page) regarding the spoiling issue. I think Arn was extremely responsive to the issue and avoiding these kinds of inadvertent spoiling is difficult to do in this day and age. My brother even txted me a spoiler. Is it possible to be completely unspoiled regarding something like this?
There is no spoiling information so far in the story, but I imagine most of us are avoiding digg like the plague.
I mean that's great, but a bit of foresight would be better. I don't understand why a simple, non-postable page or thread could not be dedicated to just one simple link. That's the irritating point. Couple that with the people who posted spoilers on a thread dedicated to not spoiling the event for those of us who brought up the idea and were interested in it and it just kind of sucks to have people who have no concern for anyone else or the reasoning to stop for a second and ask should I really post what I am about to.
There is no spoiling information so far in the story, but I imagine most of us are avoiding digg like the plague.
I mean that's great, but a bit of foresight would be better. I don't understand why a simple, non-postable page or thread could not be dedicated to just one simple link. That's the irritating point. Couple that with the people who posted spoilers on a thread dedicated to not spoiling the event for those of us who brought up the idea and were interested in it and it just kind of sucks to have people who have no concern for anyone else or the reasoning to stop for a second and ask should I really post what I am about to.
TheWheelMan
Mar 17, 05:10 PM
Love this forum for a good laugh. Obviously the OP was wrong with what he did but love laughing at all the holier than thou responses. :D
You mean like posting just to say "I'm laughing at you all?" Welcome to the "holier than thou club, buddy.
You mean like posting just to say "I'm laughing at you all?" Welcome to the "holier than thou club, buddy.
EagerDragon
Oct 11, 11:46 AM
If the rumor is true and the video iPod is relased soon, Microsoft better be ready to lose more than $50.00 a unit. Apple may lower the price of the older iPods and the the Video iPod around the same price of their top level iPod (5.5G).
That will throw another:D monkey wrench on the works, LOL.
That will throw another:D monkey wrench on the works, LOL.
clukas
Apr 5, 03:39 PM
hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.........
Whoever spends their time looking at adverts is a lost cause and has no life. Seriously I think this is the most ridiculous thing apple has come up with.
Whoever spends their time looking at adverts is a lost cause and has no life. Seriously I think this is the most ridiculous thing apple has come up with.
No comments:
Post a Comment