CaptainChunk
May 5, 01:09 AM
Yes, everybody would like to know more, but what's another month? Besides, here's the thing:
1. FCP X is a complete rewrite. As such, we'll be dealing with what's essentially a 1.0 product. The professional post production community isn't going to jump to ship until FCP X reaches a reasonable level of maturity (and stability) they're already getting with FCP 7. And that will take a while to happen.
2. I think Apple knows this (above) and it's likely the reason they were pretty selective about what they revealed at NAB. I think they expect that FCP X will sell to enthusiasts first and will eventually make its way into professional workflows as the platform gains more acceptance and support from the third-parties. Workflow and stability are everything in a pro environment; this will always trump features. In the end, Apple's approach was better than over-promising on what they may not be able to deliver yet.
I've already decided that unless by some miracle FCP X can really replace my FCP 7 workflow straight out of the box in June (highly unlikely), I'm not buying it until it truly can, even if it's only $300. I'm sure the post houses feel the same way...
1. FCP X is a complete rewrite. As such, we'll be dealing with what's essentially a 1.0 product. The professional post production community isn't going to jump to ship until FCP X reaches a reasonable level of maturity (and stability) they're already getting with FCP 7. And that will take a while to happen.
2. I think Apple knows this (above) and it's likely the reason they were pretty selective about what they revealed at NAB. I think they expect that FCP X will sell to enthusiasts first and will eventually make its way into professional workflows as the platform gains more acceptance and support from the third-parties. Workflow and stability are everything in a pro environment; this will always trump features. In the end, Apple's approach was better than over-promising on what they may not be able to deliver yet.
I've already decided that unless by some miracle FCP X can really replace my FCP 7 workflow straight out of the box in June (highly unlikely), I'm not buying it until it truly can, even if it's only $300. I'm sure the post houses feel the same way...
vollspacken
Dec 31, 08:21 AM
sorry, I take that back (T.C. that is), Spark ME is no longer available... :(
that kind of sucks, it was a good program
vSpacken
that kind of sucks, it was a good program
vSpacken
jtara
Apr 29, 09:06 PM
A CDN isn't a web host or a cloud provider. It's a distributed network of computers that push-out content to the "edges" of the Internet, closer to users. It's appropriate for large web sites with large geographic appeal which also have a need for low-latency deliver of content to users.
Amazon does have a CDN product, but it's not included in the base S3 offering. S3 offers storage services in ONE of Amazon's data centers, but doesn't push-out content across their world-wide network.
To my knowledge, the other solutions offered aren't CDNs and don't offer a CDN product.
Amazon does have a CDN product, but it's not included in the base S3 offering. S3 offers storage services in ONE of Amazon's data centers, but doesn't push-out content across their world-wide network.
To my knowledge, the other solutions offered aren't CDNs and don't offer a CDN product.
marlomarizza
May 5, 06:36 PM
Hi MacRumors people! I've only just joined so I can ask my question, but in the past have found a lot of help in the forums form other people's questions :-}
My Mac specs:
Mac Pro � OS X 10.6.7
Processor: 2.93 GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon
Memory: 6GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Graphics Cards: I have 2 NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
Displays: 2 Dell 24" LCD displays currently (had one 24" and one 22" last week before I swapped out the small one) (24"s: e248WFPb and 22": 2208WFPt)
Problemo:
My monitors are freaking out. I have a screen shot to show what I mean (it's hard to describe). I have had this computer (work computer) since August 2010. The 2nd graphics card was installed a month later by out IT guy.
About 2 months ago I started having weird screen rendering issues. They affected both screens, but were significantly worse on one of them (covering the entire screen on one, and only animations/vids on the other {such as animated gifs on a website, youtube vids, .mov/.avi files})
I asked my IT guy and he thought it could be one of the graphics cards - but each monitor is attached to a separate graphics card.
I called the Apple support hotline and the guy there told me he couldn't diagnose anything, and that I should take it to an Apple store and get a diagnostic test run on it (in case it was other hardware such as the motherboard)
I took it to the Apple store and the Genius ran diagnostics for 2 days (so he told me), and said they didn't find anything wrong, and they didn't see any display issues (but it was hooked up to 2 Apple displays)
So I brought it back, hooked up my 22' and 24" and had no issues for a couple days. Then they started again - this time reversed sides (i plugged my monitors into the opposite graphics cards). Finally today, I swapped the worse one (the 22) out. This made the issues on the 24 worsen, and the new one i plugged in (with a new cable too) has been fine except for videos (the video are is choppy, but not the UI/screen animations).
OK, sorry if that's confusing, I am just at my wit's end!
I am by no means tech savvy, I just use my computer everyday.
Usually I am running Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign at the same time (though problems occur when none are running), as well as Safari (the company website has embedded videos) and Firefox - using Eloqua.com (which features a browser based UI for email management - company stuff), and Outlook 2011.
My thoughts on what it could be:
- Dell and Mac not friendly with each other?
- an embedded video causing it?
- a script in Safari?
- a script in Eloqua on Firefox
Help!!!!!
My Mac specs:
Mac Pro � OS X 10.6.7
Processor: 2.93 GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon
Memory: 6GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Graphics Cards: I have 2 NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
Displays: 2 Dell 24" LCD displays currently (had one 24" and one 22" last week before I swapped out the small one) (24"s: e248WFPb and 22": 2208WFPt)
Problemo:
My monitors are freaking out. I have a screen shot to show what I mean (it's hard to describe). I have had this computer (work computer) since August 2010. The 2nd graphics card was installed a month later by out IT guy.
About 2 months ago I started having weird screen rendering issues. They affected both screens, but were significantly worse on one of them (covering the entire screen on one, and only animations/vids on the other {such as animated gifs on a website, youtube vids, .mov/.avi files})
I asked my IT guy and he thought it could be one of the graphics cards - but each monitor is attached to a separate graphics card.
I called the Apple support hotline and the guy there told me he couldn't diagnose anything, and that I should take it to an Apple store and get a diagnostic test run on it (in case it was other hardware such as the motherboard)
I took it to the Apple store and the Genius ran diagnostics for 2 days (so he told me), and said they didn't find anything wrong, and they didn't see any display issues (but it was hooked up to 2 Apple displays)
So I brought it back, hooked up my 22' and 24" and had no issues for a couple days. Then they started again - this time reversed sides (i plugged my monitors into the opposite graphics cards). Finally today, I swapped the worse one (the 22) out. This made the issues on the 24 worsen, and the new one i plugged in (with a new cable too) has been fine except for videos (the video are is choppy, but not the UI/screen animations).
OK, sorry if that's confusing, I am just at my wit's end!
I am by no means tech savvy, I just use my computer everyday.
Usually I am running Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign at the same time (though problems occur when none are running), as well as Safari (the company website has embedded videos) and Firefox - using Eloqua.com (which features a browser based UI for email management - company stuff), and Outlook 2011.
My thoughts on what it could be:
- Dell and Mac not friendly with each other?
- an embedded video causing it?
- a script in Safari?
- a script in Eloqua on Firefox
Help!!!!!
more...
jelloshotsrule
Sep 21, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by drdizzy
:-) Teabgs will be happy!!! Right Teabgs!!! The famous, kickass money Swithc Ad creater ;-) And now he can make better ones ;-)
i wonder if this is a friend/relative of teasac's....
hardware does not make the movie
that's just genius. ;)
:-) Teabgs will be happy!!! Right Teabgs!!! The famous, kickass money Swithc Ad creater ;-) And now he can make better ones ;-)
i wonder if this is a friend/relative of teasac's....
hardware does not make the movie
that's just genius. ;)
MacRumorUser
Mar 16, 01:08 PM
You need to start your own rental service and recoup some of those gaming funds; you'll probably turn a profit in a week's time with all the games you've been getting lately mate. ;)
I would do, But nobody would rent some of the crap I buy :D :(
I would do, But nobody would rent some of the crap I buy :D :(
more...
Merkava_4
Apr 7, 03:19 AM
Cascade - strawberry guava :)
Wiredrawn
Jun 26, 10:47 AM
Are you shipping to the UK?
If so, I would be interested.
If so, I would be interested.
more...
GLS
Apr 23, 08:05 PM
You can eventually control the alien mothership in space with 64GB of RAM.
Jeff Goldblum brought down an entire alien fleet with less than 64GB.....
http://d2o7bfz2il9cb7.cloudfront.net/main-qimg-1996deb31129c1d6595d9b6ca1d722f0
Jeff Goldblum brought down an entire alien fleet with less than 64GB.....
http://d2o7bfz2il9cb7.cloudfront.net/main-qimg-1996deb31129c1d6595d9b6ca1d722f0
iJoe
Feb 9, 08:32 AM
Hi everyone, I've just finished work on a table of comparison for all current Macs, and I'd like to hear any feedback on it. Click here (http://www.nimoll.co.uk/macguide/) to see it.
I plan on doing an 'Upgrade Guide' as well. If anybody has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them!
-Thanks
-Joe
I plan on doing an 'Upgrade Guide' as well. If anybody has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them!
-Thanks
-Joe
more...
Eniregnat
Sep 17, 05:33 PM
...but if you plan on using the external for extensive rendering and etc. then the D2 would be better.
I havn't had over heating problems on my LaCi Proche drive, and I have had it work hard for several hours at a time. Then again, it is on a glass table.
I havn't had over heating problems on my LaCi Proche drive, and I have had it work hard for several hours at a time. Then again, it is on a glass table.
ViNESWiNGMAN
Nov 16, 12:57 AM
Does the osx version of itunes support non-ipod mp3 players? (namely the creative nomad jukebox zen xtra) I had an ipod (3rd gen) but was unsatisfied with the sound quality.
Also, do you guys think the the 20" imac is worth the $200 or so jump in price from the 17" imac? I know the resolution isn't much higher, but how much better is the screen? I'm used to a 19" LCD right now.. Is the 20" lcd used in the g5 imacs the same one used in the 20" cinema displays? What about the 17" display, is the one used on the 17" powerbooks?
Also, do you guys think the the 20" imac is worth the $200 or so jump in price from the 17" imac? I know the resolution isn't much higher, but how much better is the screen? I'm used to a 19" LCD right now.. Is the 20" lcd used in the g5 imacs the same one used in the 20" cinema displays? What about the 17" display, is the one used on the 17" powerbooks?
more...
jca24
Feb 9, 01:34 PM
Why can't I make a call, check email and web on v??
OMGbrandon
Feb 9, 01:43 PM
Idk, my ATT is perfect...
Not sure what ppl complain about..
Not sure what ppl complain about..
more...
B.A.T
Mar 12, 01:12 PM
I just installed a brand new hard drive into my 2009 mini and I am trying to install Snow Leopard. I don't want any of the files from the old HD. The install of the hd into the mini went fine (or so it appears) but when I try to install SL on the new hard drive it gets stuck at the window which asks which drive I want to install to. I never get an option for a drive so something is wrong. Any ideas?

ITASOR
Dec 2, 09:51 PM
I would really like to get that price. I have never sold anything on eBay. How easy is it?
If you sell something on eBay, make sure to include nice, high resolution photos showing the computer and accessories from all different angles. People like pictures.
If you sell something on eBay, make sure to include nice, high resolution photos showing the computer and accessories from all different angles. People like pictures.
more...
yoyo5280
Oct 19, 02:59 AM
Im to young for meetups, but does anybody know if :apple: are doing it at shibuya store? acutely...no school GINZA YAY!
maybe
mom might say no
(of-course to meetup but to going in general...maybe)
maybe
mom might say no
(of-course to meetup but to going in general...maybe)
Hemingray
Oct 12, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by WanaPBnow
I'm gonna give it until the 3rd week of Oct is over, then I'll give up and just buy a used PB 667 to hold me over till the new stuff comes out. But I'll be darned if I pay $3200 for an 800mhz G4, I don't care how sexy it is.
Wouldn't you be KICKING yourself, though, if an 800MHz Ti was released the next week for the 667's price? :eek: That, to me, is definitely worth the wait. We know they're due any time now... why give in when they're so close?
I'm gonna give it until the 3rd week of Oct is over, then I'll give up and just buy a used PB 667 to hold me over till the new stuff comes out. But I'll be darned if I pay $3200 for an 800mhz G4, I don't care how sexy it is.
Wouldn't you be KICKING yourself, though, if an 800MHz Ti was released the next week for the 667's price? :eek: That, to me, is definitely worth the wait. We know they're due any time now... why give in when they're so close?
MacRumorUser
Mar 19, 03:19 PM
My Xbox was the same. I've heard Wii chips have a stealth mode too.
Yeah thats how they work apparently.
The Cyclowiz chip is meant to have support for playback of import titles - or so I have been told.
The previous firmware they released gave :-
Yeah thats how they work apparently.
The Cyclowiz chip is meant to have support for playback of import titles - or so I have been told.
The previous firmware they released gave :-
cybrscot
Mar 25, 03:04 AM
Book:
Give the decimal value of each of the following integer constants.
a) 077
I'm assuming this 077 number is in Octal form because it uses only digits 0 and 7, and Octal requires 0-7 as well.
The book doesn't explain how to convert, but it does show an example.
Example:
Give the decimal value of each of the following integer constants.
a) 077
I'm assuming this 077 number is in Octal form because it uses only digits 0 and 7, and Octal requires 0-7 as well.
The book doesn't explain how to convert, but it does show an example.
Example:
MaxBurn
May 5, 12:28 PM
Maybe they are not at a computer where they can try?
So then it wouldn't matter if they could or not?
So then it wouldn't matter if they could or not?
atheistpally
Feb 22, 12:13 AM
Is it 250 or 500? I'm close to 250...
Palad1
Oct 27, 03:18 AM
I bought one of these for my G5, love it. Looks cool and has very nice action, I seem to fly on this board! 2 USB ports (one at each end). Pretty cheap too.... $39 at Newegg I think. It gets my vote. :D
Sounds too good to be true ;)
How does it compare to an alubook keyboard? Does it have the same feel to it? I'm a bit worried that the keys will not feel as 'soft' as the alubook's.
I tried this one, and it really feels horrible (like a VAIO.. *shudders*) : http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Logitech%20UltraX%20Keyboard%20Keyboard:1991330435
Thanks for the link, I'll try to find a shop carrying it in Europe!
Sounds too good to be true ;)
How does it compare to an alubook keyboard? Does it have the same feel to it? I'm a bit worried that the keys will not feel as 'soft' as the alubook's.
I tried this one, and it really feels horrible (like a VAIO.. *shudders*) : http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Logitech%20UltraX%20Keyboard%20Keyboard:1991330435
Thanks for the link, I'll try to find a shop carrying it in Europe!
ViviUO
May 3, 12:08 AM
The late 2008 models run with Core 2 Duos, right? I don't think Core 2 Duos use DD3. They use DDR2, which would mean that you wouldn't be able to use it in your old MBP. Just look under "About this Mac" and it should say what memory it uses.
Later C2D's used DDR3
Later C2D's used DDR3
No comments:
Post a Comment