treynolds
Nov 16, 02:09 PM
Am I the only one that's getting tired of Google charity ads interfering with my ability to edit posts?
They effectively block the response buttons and I end up having to cancel edits to my posts.
Tony
They effectively block the response buttons and I end up having to cancel edits to my posts.
Tony
jefhatfield
Jul 7, 04:44 AM
wow. thanks
btw, kainjow is only id number 190 which is the oldest regular poster i can think of
blakespot is the oldest listed at id number 9
btw, kainjow is only id number 190 which is the oldest regular poster i can think of
blakespot is the oldest listed at id number 9
Sykte
Apr 19, 05:22 PM
[UIView animateWithDuration:0.8 delay:0.0 options: UIViewAnimationTransitionFlipFromLeft animations:^ { popContents.view.frame = CGRectMake(160, 70, 350, 350);
[self.view.superview bringSubviewToFront:self.view];
[self.view.superview addSubview:popContents.view]; }
completion: ^(BOOL finished) {
NSLog(@"DONE");
}
];
UIViewAnimationTransitionFlipFromLeft
This isn't a UIViewAnimationOption, what happens when you sub in the following.
UIViewAnimationOptionTransitionFlipFromLeft
[self.view.superview bringSubviewToFront:self.view];
[self.view.superview addSubview:popContents.view]; }
completion: ^(BOOL finished) {
NSLog(@"DONE");
}
];
UIViewAnimationTransitionFlipFromLeft
This isn't a UIViewAnimationOption, what happens when you sub in the following.
UIViewAnimationOptionTransitionFlipFromLeft
rdowns
Dec 16, 07:20 AM
Mine survived the abuse and 18" drop by airport security the other day.
more...
davidg4781
Mar 31, 12:46 AM
Am I missing something? I get an email everytime someone replies to a thread I've posted in.
Now what would be nice is if that email had a link to the thread on the regular site and for the mobile site.
Now what would be nice is if that email had a link to the thread on the regular site and for the mobile site.
ToM7
Sep 25, 02:29 AM
10.0.1
This release also provides a number of important bug fixes, including:
� Addresses an issue where the picture quality of a video changes depending on whether the on-screen controls are visible.
� Resolves an issue where iTunes may unexpectedly quit while interacting with album artwork viewed in a separate window.
� Fixes a problem that affects the performance of some third-party visualizers.
� Addresses an issue where the iTunes library and playlists appear empty.
� Resolves an issue that created an incompatibility with some third-party shared libraries
:)
This release also provides a number of important bug fixes, including:
� Addresses an issue where the picture quality of a video changes depending on whether the on-screen controls are visible.
� Resolves an issue where iTunes may unexpectedly quit while interacting with album artwork viewed in a separate window.
� Fixes a problem that affects the performance of some third-party visualizers.
� Addresses an issue where the iTunes library and playlists appear empty.
� Resolves an issue that created an incompatibility with some third-party shared libraries
:)
more...
simsaladimbamba
Apr 23, 07:36 AM
It could be as simple as that? There isn't anything that stands out as a concrete reason why it wouldn't work?
Should I try upgrading to leopard first and then Snow Leopard? I don't have the "upgrade disc" I have the full install one that came with my other Mac.
Get the 29 USD Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD. It will work. The DVD you have is model specific and will not work with other Mac models.
Should I try upgrading to leopard first and then Snow Leopard? I don't have the "upgrade disc" I have the full install one that came with my other Mac.
Get the 29 USD Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD. It will work. The DVD you have is model specific and will not work with other Mac models.
itcheroni
Sep 2, 02:54 PM
Has anyone done business with kntgsp before? I sent him the money a few days ago but still haven't heard back from him.
more...
themacmaestro
Dec 9, 09:15 AM
anything left?
BBrandDesign
May 2, 01:59 AM
Good stuff bobsaget. I liked the design. Thanks to share it.
more...
Mac'nCheese
Aug 3, 03:36 PM
that's hot...
zedsdead
Feb 24, 06:38 AM
It could, but it doesn't have that much space. I would hook it up to an external raid array.
I would recommend a Drobo S. (http://www.drobo.com/products/drobo-s.php)
It is not cheep, but I have 9 gigs of drives in it, 6 available. Great product, keeps your data safe, it's fast, and easily expandable.
I would recommend a Drobo S. (http://www.drobo.com/products/drobo-s.php)
It is not cheep, but I have 9 gigs of drives in it, 6 available. Great product, keeps your data safe, it's fast, and easily expandable.
more...
wayne091189
Oct 17, 11:50 AM
Pc1
iThinkergoiMac
Apr 19, 05:38 PM
If you make sure to get the best GPU in your iMac when you order, it won't be too bad. It's been a while since the iMacs have been updated, though, so the GPU is a little old. Stay away from the MacBook for gaming, though, they have terrible GPUs. The 15" and 17" MBPs have decent graphics cards on the high end, but the MacBook is terrible.
more...
lavrishevo
May 5, 10:04 AM
I removed my Samsung 470 SSD from an HP laptop that had Win 7 running. Trim was enabled automatically with Win 7. When I put it into my new Macbook Pro trim was not enabled. You can check by going into the Apple, then About, then More Info and finally into Serial ATA. When you scroll down you will see that trim is not enabled.( Without it, the SSD will fill up and slow down. Google it and see what it does). Groths.org had a Trim Enabler patch that worked perfectly. I downloaded it and clicked on it and it installed. When I went back into the Apple, etc I found that trim had been enabled. Kudos to Oskar. I dropped a couple of bucks on him from Paypal because I appreciate this kind of work. Maybe Apple will have trim enabled in the next OS, like Win7.
OSX is not affected the same way without trim. It may slightly improve overall performance but because the whole file structure is different TRIM is not nearly as essential on OSX. In fact, forum members have reported problems with SSD's after enabling TRIM.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/apple/2010/07/01/mac-ssd-performance-trim-in-osx/7
OSX is not affected the same way without trim. It may slightly improve overall performance but because the whole file structure is different TRIM is not nearly as essential on OSX. In fact, forum members have reported problems with SSD's after enabling TRIM.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/apple/2010/07/01/mac-ssd-performance-trim-in-osx/7
Sargiel
Dec 7, 11:55 AM
I spent a lot of time mulling over whether to buy a Mini or a second hand Powermac G4 - and in the end it was the upgradability of the Powermac that won me over. I really wanted to be able to switch to a machine that would be able to meet my undemanding gaming requirements and the Mini's 32mb graphics wasn't able to offer that.
Also there is the fun of taking a stock machine and upgrading it to the hilt - maybe that's not for everyone but I've been having a ball ! :D
I also had a wireless networking card that I knew would work with Mac OS X so the Powermac was just as an easy a fit into our home network as the Mini would have been. The only advantage to the Mini is that it would come with iLife.
Also there is the fun of taking a stock machine and upgrading it to the hilt - maybe that's not for everyone but I've been having a ball ! :D
I also had a wireless networking card that I knew would work with Mac OS X so the Powermac was just as an easy a fit into our home network as the Mini would have been. The only advantage to the Mini is that it would come with iLife.
more...
i4k20c
Mar 1, 05:46 PM
Im curious, how much did you sell these for?
same. :confused:
same. :confused:
18thTomorrow
Apr 28, 10:25 AM
Ever since I was 7 years old, my family had PC's, so that's what I grew up with. (I know, it's so sad...) Then, about two years ago I was looking to buy a computer of my own, to use for school projects and stuff. A friend of our family who works in the IT dept of one of the colleges in our town volunteered to keep his eyes open for a good used computer--the college often sells its old machines. One night he called me up and asked, "How would you feel about getting a Mac instead of a pc?" He went on to tell me all about this amazing deal he had found on a 300 MHZ B&W G3 that the art department was selling. I was skeptical, but he assured me that it would do everything I needed--write papers, run photoshop E & Dreamweaver, e-mail, etc. After I got off the phone, I went to a couple of switch websites and read up on Macs. The next morning I called him up and said, "It's a deal!"
That afternoon he delivered my new machine to my doorstep. It came with the original keyboard and hockey-puck mouse, 17" monitor, and OS 9.2 and all of this for a mere $150. I've been in love ever since. ;) My dad is still a staunch PC advocate and we have a continual family dispute. Last fall when our Pentium II bit the dust I tried so hard to convince him to get a G4, but he wouldn't hear of it...bought a dell instead...
Anyhoo, I'm hooked and hopefully I'll NEVER own a PC again. I'm buying an iBook next month. When I'm forced to use Windows and program in VB at school, I practically go insane...
Macs rule!
Britt
That afternoon he delivered my new machine to my doorstep. It came with the original keyboard and hockey-puck mouse, 17" monitor, and OS 9.2 and all of this for a mere $150. I've been in love ever since. ;) My dad is still a staunch PC advocate and we have a continual family dispute. Last fall when our Pentium II bit the dust I tried so hard to convince him to get a G4, but he wouldn't hear of it...bought a dell instead...
Anyhoo, I'm hooked and hopefully I'll NEVER own a PC again. I'm buying an iBook next month. When I'm forced to use Windows and program in VB at school, I practically go insane...
Macs rule!
Britt
steveash
Apr 26, 11:51 AM
Just wondering if it would be effective to use iDisk as a small CDN (Content Delivery Network) for a website?
I have a website with fairly high traffic and am working to make it as fast as possible. One of the things I am considering is using a CDN for static files. My mostly vacant iDisk account popped into my head as a possible contender. I was wondering if anyone else had tried this?
I have a website with fairly high traffic and am working to make it as fast as possible. One of the things I am considering is using a CDN for static files. My mostly vacant iDisk account popped into my head as a possible contender. I was wondering if anyone else had tried this?
LouieSamman
Apr 30, 01:12 AM
Am I missing something? I get an email everytime someone replies to a thread I've posted in.
Now what would be nice is if that email had a link to the thread on the regular site and for the mobile site.
No an email of someone replying to a comment you left in a thread. Not someone who replies to a thread.
For example you read a thread someone posted and you have a question. So you leave your question within that persons thread. There would be people who would quote your question and answer it. You then get a email of those people who quoted and answered your question.
Being subscribed to a thread that you left a question on is too much work to always look at all the replies people left to the thread as your waiting for a reply to your comment.
Sometimes I don't want to waste my time reading the hundreds of comments after my comment and most likely interested only if someone quoted my comment.
So what would be nice is an option, when subscribing to a thread, to either receive an email every time someone comments to a thread OR someone quoting your comment and replying to it..
Now what would be nice is if that email had a link to the thread on the regular site and for the mobile site.
No an email of someone replying to a comment you left in a thread. Not someone who replies to a thread.
For example you read a thread someone posted and you have a question. So you leave your question within that persons thread. There would be people who would quote your question and answer it. You then get a email of those people who quoted and answered your question.
Being subscribed to a thread that you left a question on is too much work to always look at all the replies people left to the thread as your waiting for a reply to your comment.
Sometimes I don't want to waste my time reading the hundreds of comments after my comment and most likely interested only if someone quoted my comment.
So what would be nice is an option, when subscribing to a thread, to either receive an email every time someone comments to a thread OR someone quoting your comment and replying to it..
aholden12592
Apr 1, 01:53 AM
so i ended up getting the warriors (already have wipeout pure) and it is awesome. there is so much to do and the big power moves are really cool.
yoyo5280
Oct 19, 08:20 PM
I will probably buy Leopard but can I show up with out buying it? Like to test it on the new macs?
ljg93
Apr 15, 10:57 PM
hey everyone i submitted my first app 5 days ago, I was wondering how long it takes to get accepted, ive been stuck in "waiting for review" . Im just looking for some other peoples actual experiences.
also do they accept apps on weekends?
also do they accept apps on weekends?
roland.g
Nov 19, 06:00 PM
roland.g,
It's not an unreasonable suggestion. The need for an iOS subforum depends in part on the quantity of IOS-themed threads we routinely have, other than those in the News forums and the programming forums. Can you point out more than a few currently active threads that fall into this category? I haven't spotted many.
D.Q.,
They are everywhere in my opinion. Many people are talking about the iOS software, features, release date, etc. and if I wanted to start a thread I'm not sure I'd know which forum to start it in, iPhone or iPad, likewise, within that main forum or in the tricks, troubleshooting subs.
Examples.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1050827
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1042931 - this one mentions iPhone but it is a general Airplay and Apple TV discussion.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1047779
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1049338
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1051521
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1050527
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1050463
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1050820
Just to show some of the recent ones. I think it will be even more helpful when it is released and in the future now that the iOS is consolidated on all devices to discuss announced new features coming or those found in betas.
While some of these threads are obviously posted by someone in regard to a specific device, that doesn't mean the discussion isn't broad enough for all. That's simply my point. We talk about OS X but leave iOS discussion to each device forum. Should I go to iMac or MacBook to talk about OS X because that's what I'm running it on. Like I said, I just thought it was time.
It's not an unreasonable suggestion. The need for an iOS subforum depends in part on the quantity of IOS-themed threads we routinely have, other than those in the News forums and the programming forums. Can you point out more than a few currently active threads that fall into this category? I haven't spotted many.
D.Q.,
They are everywhere in my opinion. Many people are talking about the iOS software, features, release date, etc. and if I wanted to start a thread I'm not sure I'd know which forum to start it in, iPhone or iPad, likewise, within that main forum or in the tricks, troubleshooting subs.
Examples.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1050827
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1042931 - this one mentions iPhone but it is a general Airplay and Apple TV discussion.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1047779
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1049338
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1051521
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1050527
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1050463
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1050820
Just to show some of the recent ones. I think it will be even more helpful when it is released and in the future now that the iOS is consolidated on all devices to discuss announced new features coming or those found in betas.
While some of these threads are obviously posted by someone in regard to a specific device, that doesn't mean the discussion isn't broad enough for all. That's simply my point. We talk about OS X but leave iOS discussion to each device forum. Should I go to iMac or MacBook to talk about OS X because that's what I'm running it on. Like I said, I just thought it was time.
No comments:
Post a Comment