arn
Nov 16, 03:01 PM
ya, it's not the ad. looks like a formatting/html issue in certain browsers. we'll take a look
arn
arn

slavetonone
Jun 30, 10:25 AM
What is going on in the software dept at 1 infinite loop?
Not only is this update overdue, but its the only one of Apple's own iPhone apps to even be touched for iOS4 or the iPhone 4.
None of the Apps have been updated to a universal version with iPad support.
Oh, but Find my iPhone was critically important to have out on launch...:confused:
It's embarrassing.
I mean, what kind of example does this set for other devs? Apple expects their developers of technically completed products (apps) to be updated asap to support all of the latest features of the latest devices. Yet they themselves have half a dozen critical apps that haven't even been touched?
I agree, Apple knows when they will release a product, there should not be a reason to not have their Apps updated to support a new OS... And they really need to get the iPad department working to keep up as well. Come on Apple give us some updates. ;-)
Not only is this update overdue, but its the only one of Apple's own iPhone apps to even be touched for iOS4 or the iPhone 4.
None of the Apps have been updated to a universal version with iPad support.
Oh, but Find my iPhone was critically important to have out on launch...:confused:
It's embarrassing.
I mean, what kind of example does this set for other devs? Apple expects their developers of technically completed products (apps) to be updated asap to support all of the latest features of the latest devices. Yet they themselves have half a dozen critical apps that haven't even been touched?
I agree, Apple knows when they will release a product, there should not be a reason to not have their Apps updated to support a new OS... And they really need to get the iPad department working to keep up as well. Come on Apple give us some updates. ;-)
bpeeps
May 6, 07:42 PM
Top-line iMac or base-line Mac Pro?
Hey guys, I'm a video editor that works mostly with RED footage in Final Cut Pro and After Effects. I'm also a gamer running Bootcamp and Steam. I'm currently working on a 3 year old Macbook Pro and looking to upgrade by the end of the year. Here are my choices, I'm wondering if a new top of the line iMac will outperform the current base model of the Mac Pros for gaming and video work... or if the Mac Pro is the way to go.
27" iMac
3.4ghz Quad-Core i7
2TB Serial ATA HD
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB
$2,304 (Student)
Mac Pro
2.8ghz Quad-Core Xeon "Nehalem"
2TB 7200 RPM HD
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB
$2,614 (Student w/ no display)
I plan on buying RAM (and Mac Pro display) elsewhere so I did not include it in the specs. Thoughts? :)
Hey guys, I'm a video editor that works mostly with RED footage in Final Cut Pro and After Effects. I'm also a gamer running Bootcamp and Steam. I'm currently working on a 3 year old Macbook Pro and looking to upgrade by the end of the year. Here are my choices, I'm wondering if a new top of the line iMac will outperform the current base model of the Mac Pros for gaming and video work... or if the Mac Pro is the way to go.
27" iMac
3.4ghz Quad-Core i7
2TB Serial ATA HD
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB
$2,304 (Student)
Mac Pro
2.8ghz Quad-Core Xeon "Nehalem"
2TB 7200 RPM HD
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB
$2,614 (Student w/ no display)
I plan on buying RAM (and Mac Pro display) elsewhere so I did not include it in the specs. Thoughts? :)
miklovo
Apr 22, 09:53 PM
I've been watching eBay and other forums for a couple of years waiting for the right time to unload my banners. I worked at CompUSA during the 2004 remodel of the "Apple Shop" and when we took down the huge 4 foot x 15 foot ones that hung from the ceiling and put up the ugly plastic ones I took 2 of the 3 that we had. I have Amelia and Jim Hensen. I saw someone on worthpoint auctions asking $25,000 for one about 6 months ago. I can't find anyone to tell how much they could be worth. I'm one of the watchers on your eBay auction right now by the way, just curious to see if anyone bites at your $1200 price tag.
more...
.jpg)
w_parietti22
Sep 24, 09:38 PM
No, I dont no your name... let me guess it starts with an "r"?
edit- just looked at your resume... now I know. :D
edit- just looked at your resume... now I know. :D
BlackViper
Apr 24, 04:16 PM
If you use a stereo audio minijack to RCA then there will be separate volume controls on your Mac and TV, try turning volume up on both devices. With TOSlink there will not be a volume control on the Mac, you will have to adjust from the TV. Is there a stereo/AV system involved or are you using the speakers installed in the TV itself? Double check that you aren't mixing up the in/out ports and that the HDMI port you are using is associated with an audio input, some devices assume HDMI will carry the audio and you may need to use a specific HDMI port acocciated with the audio in jack.
more...

Newlywed Hilary Duff leaves a

wedding photos Hilary+duff
more...

They#39;re Hilary Duff#39;s wedding

See the rest! Hilary
more...

Hilary Duff Vera Wang wedding

Wedding Bells: Hilary Duff
more...

14/08/10 Hilary Duff Wedding

hilary duff wedding hair.
more...

Hilary Duff Wedding Pictures

Hilary Duff has joined the
more...

Hilary Duff Wedding Photos amp

Hilary Duff#39;s wedding day

Hilary Duff Wedding - 8/14/10
more...
waterskier2007
Jun 20, 02:55 PM
$4 per sock.
i have never used paypal, do i have to have an account to buy something from u?
i have never used paypal, do i have to have an account to buy something from u?

Shifty
Jan 21, 12:21 PM
It's still in beta testing, by the way.
The coolest freatures are the Weblog/Spydisk, and the shoutbox.
The coolest freatures are the Weblog/Spydisk, and the shoutbox.
more...
mkrishnan
Jan 26, 03:20 PM
Yeah, thats pretty interesting, would be nice to hear their music.
Yeah, she should get teh MySpace if she doesn't have one already. :)
Yeah, she should get teh MySpace if she doesn't have one already. :)
appleguy123
May 16, 04:17 PM
How long will it last? http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-Newton-Notepad-Prototype-DVT-Unit-/320533797738?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa14d9b6a#ht_839wt_1139
more...
Oppressed
May 2, 07:43 PM
I use the one found in the link below. I love it. It is MADE for the 11'' MBA. Fits the computer perfectly.
http://www.fossil.com/en_US/shop/men/bags/messenger_bags/scout_slim_portfolio_brief-mbg1367p.html?parent_category_rn=30011&departmentCategoryId=30001&N=0&Ns=p_msc2|0||p_weight|0&pn=c&rec=4&imagePath=MBG1367220
http://www.fossil.com/en_US/shop/men/bags/messenger_bags/scout_slim_portfolio_brief-mbg1367p.html?parent_category_rn=30011&departmentCategoryId=30001&N=0&Ns=p_msc2|0||p_weight|0&pn=c&rec=4&imagePath=MBG1367220
nickane
Jan 16, 10:21 AM
I'm hoping it's about phenomenon but I seriously doubt it.
more...
chimpboy74
Apr 13, 12:20 PM
Not as big a hassle as yours but I ordered a TV off pixmania (UK) and it came with a Euro plug. Phoned to complain and they sent me an adapter.
Not a big deal but I was a bit miffed that they didnt advertise it as Eur plug. I'm a bit paranoid about having it plugged to an adapter all the time (not sure why!)
Not a big deal but I was a bit miffed that they didnt advertise it as Eur plug. I'm a bit paranoid about having it plugged to an adapter all the time (not sure why!)

rdowns
Apr 22, 04:39 PM
I have a 3-year supply of water and canned food.
I always wondered if Arn let you guys keep all the Spam you delete. :)
I always wondered if Arn let you guys keep all the Spam you delete. :)
more...
Paolo
Sep 9, 08:07 AM
Apple is not falling behind!
Okay so there chip technology is a little below the bar of the other generic drones.
But everything else there doing is way ahead of everyone else.
Okay so there chip technology is a little below the bar of the other generic drones.
But everything else there doing is way ahead of everyone else.
Dagless
Mar 19, 03:11 PM
My Xbox was the same. I've heard Wii chips have a stealth mode too.
more...

tibookowner
May 12, 10:36 AM
Really been into computers my whole life. Since I am only 27, I am just getting up to speed. I have had varying exposure to all makes of computers. The Mac Community operates on a near, excuse me, holy hatred of Micro$oft.
I purchased my first Mac a few years ago, a portable, codenamed WallStreet. Why I bought was simple. I LOVE computers!! Now I am a repeat buyer! I now have an "Ivory " TIBook!
As a final note, iChat is great! And Windoze users see silvery OS Brillance!
Makes them jealous!
As a footnote, I am Certified A+ in microcomputer repair. There is a SERIOUS lack of knowledge that the Mac came first!
I purchased my first Mac a few years ago, a portable, codenamed WallStreet. Why I bought was simple. I LOVE computers!! Now I am a repeat buyer! I now have an "Ivory " TIBook!
As a final note, iChat is great! And Windoze users see silvery OS Brillance!
Makes them jealous!
As a footnote, I am Certified A+ in microcomputer repair. There is a SERIOUS lack of knowledge that the Mac came first!
AFPoster
Apr 9, 12:56 PM
So I have owned my 2011MBP (15", 2.2GHz) for about a month now, and while it isn't slow, it doesn't feel as fast as my 3 year old C2D (E6750) based system. On my Windows machine, I can run several virtual machines, for months, without even noticing any impact on other applications such as Adobe CS3, etc. This system only has 4GB of memory, and an older 750GB HD.
If I try running just 1 virtual machine (be it XP or Windows 7), it makes the laptop almost useless, while the VM itself isn't running that fast either. I have tweaked some of the performance settings in Parallels, but nothing seems to make a difference. I upgraded to 8GB of memory, still no difference.
Is this a typical experience?
I just use Boot Camp for Win 7 Pro, same laptop as you 15" 2.2ghz, 4gb ram and 750gb hd w/ hr anti-glare. I have no issues, although I am tempted to upgrade to 8gb ram before my month ends of owning this only for a feeling of complete, if I don't upgrade I could care less b/c this beast is quick and no and I mean no issues.
If I try running just 1 virtual machine (be it XP or Windows 7), it makes the laptop almost useless, while the VM itself isn't running that fast either. I have tweaked some of the performance settings in Parallels, but nothing seems to make a difference. I upgraded to 8GB of memory, still no difference.
Is this a typical experience?
I just use Boot Camp for Win 7 Pro, same laptop as you 15" 2.2ghz, 4gb ram and 750gb hd w/ hr anti-glare. I have no issues, although I am tempted to upgrade to 8gb ram before my month ends of owning this only for a feeling of complete, if I don't upgrade I could care less b/c this beast is quick and no and I mean no issues.
dino26
May 3, 10:47 AM
This sounds like such a scam.
At first thats what i thought , though i think the OP is just trying to buy loads to sell in Israel but has realised he has got himself into a sticky situation once he realised its only 2 per customer.
To OP have you tried calling ALL best buys in Manhattan ?
At first thats what i thought , though i think the OP is just trying to buy loads to sell in Israel but has realised he has got himself into a sticky situation once he realised its only 2 per customer.
To OP have you tried calling ALL best buys in Manhattan ?
yojitani
Jul 10, 10:46 AM
I'd almost agree with you on this, but plastic MacBooks are incredibly flimsy machines.
My first apple laptop was a first gen macbook (plastic). It was pretty sturdy I thought. It scratched easily, but that's it. It survived a fair share of bumps and lumps. I got rid of it because I needed more screen...
My first apple laptop was a first gen macbook (plastic). It was pretty sturdy I thought. It scratched easily, but that's it. It survived a fair share of bumps and lumps. I got rid of it because I needed more screen...
chrmjenkins
Mar 31, 01:36 PM
In my experience Maddow and Cooper are at least tolerable.
PaRaGoNViCtiM
Nov 28, 11:15 PM
how much $$ for mouse???
Sent PM!
Sent PM!
Night Spring
Feb 25, 01:51 AM
Not sure why you think you need to restore. If your iPad is on earlier firmware, just update to 4.2.1 with iTunes, then jailbreak using Greenpois0n. If it's already on 4.2.1, just run Greenpois0n.
Just make sure to make a backup in iTunes before you do anything, and you'll be fine.
Just make sure to make a backup in iTunes before you do anything, and you'll be fine.
Consultant
Apr 30, 11:37 AM
A CDN isn't a web host or a cloud provider. It's a distributed network of computers that push-out content to the "edges" of the Internet, closer to users. It's appropriate for large web sites with large geographic appeal which also have a need for low-latency deliver of content to users.
Amazon does have a CDN product, but it's not included in the base S3 offering. S3 offers storage services in ONE of Amazon's data centers, but doesn't push-out content across their world-wide network.
To my knowledge, the other solutions offered aren't CDNs and don't offer a CDN product.
Let's see, VPS offers origin pull caching on a few dozen locations around the world, including over a dozen in the US.
Surely that's not a CDN. :rolleyes:
Agreed. The Amazon product you'd be looking at is "CloudFront", not "S3".
And Rackspace does offer a CDN now, but it's actually using Akamai for the CDN functionality. Akamai is the big corporate CDN player I've used. It's pricy, though.
http://www.akamai.com/
Yes, Rackspace says it uses Akamai. So why shouldn't you use Akamai? Hint: Just try to find prices on Akamai. It's not for small companies.
Also, even if you select amazon cloudfront, you'll still get a price by region quote tool.
Amazon does have a CDN product, but it's not included in the base S3 offering. S3 offers storage services in ONE of Amazon's data centers, but doesn't push-out content across their world-wide network.
To my knowledge, the other solutions offered aren't CDNs and don't offer a CDN product.
Let's see, VPS offers origin pull caching on a few dozen locations around the world, including over a dozen in the US.
Surely that's not a CDN. :rolleyes:
Agreed. The Amazon product you'd be looking at is "CloudFront", not "S3".
And Rackspace does offer a CDN now, but it's actually using Akamai for the CDN functionality. Akamai is the big corporate CDN player I've used. It's pricy, though.
http://www.akamai.com/
Yes, Rackspace says it uses Akamai. So why shouldn't you use Akamai? Hint: Just try to find prices on Akamai. It's not for small companies.
Also, even if you select amazon cloudfront, you'll still get a price by region quote tool.
No comments:
Post a Comment