nesuser2
Dec 9, 10:01 PM
Are you open to any trades? I have a 4GB White Nano that I'm looking to trade.
I think I'll pass. I already have a mini and I never touch my ipod...it occupies space in my glovebox so it would offer no advantage. Thanks for the offer though!
I think I'll pass. I already have a mini and I never touch my ipod...it occupies space in my glovebox so it would offer no advantage. Thanks for the offer though!
threeputt
Mar 27, 09:51 AM
So how did everybody make out yesterday?
Any tips on finding an iPad 2 in Ottawa at this point? Should I wait a while before even bothering to look for one in stores?
I managed to get a white 64 GB WiFi model at the Ottawa Apple store yesterday at around 0930, just after they opened. Only waited about 20 minutes and they seemed to have lots of stock.
Any tips on finding an iPad 2 in Ottawa at this point? Should I wait a while before even bothering to look for one in stores?
I managed to get a white 64 GB WiFi model at the Ottawa Apple store yesterday at around 0930, just after they opened. Only waited about 20 minutes and they seemed to have lots of stock.

ayeying
May 3, 11:59 AM
Well, it's mostly games, which is a pity. I know it's not a gaming laptop but they do sell them through Steam, so I'd like to buy them.
The way you say it, it seems related to the extra power provided by the SB processor. So there seem to be three solutions.
1. Undervolting, which isn't possible right now.
2. Downgrading, and, as in the MacBook Air, fixing another kind of bottleneck (HD operation).
3. Better cooling through termal paste, more fans, cooling pad, etc.
Am I right here? I'd like to know more about this CPU+GPU combo in the same core, because I read it lead to further heating. Is there any truth to this?
Just because it's on steam doesn't mean you need to buy the game... Furthermore, like with Windows, you need to see if the requirements match your system or it'll run poorly.
Under volt is possible. It's pointless though especially if you're stressing the system then the fan will come on or your system will shut down
Downgrade is up to you. But any system, you stress it, fans will come on
Cooling pad just adds to the noise. You can attempt a thermal paste change but like I said, games will cause the system to run fans at max to keep it a good temperature.
It's not so much of a CPU + GPU combo, it's the heat generated by both parts of the die concentrated on a single heatsink. To be honest the older systems genereated about the same amount of wattage wasted in heat so it's not too big of a difference
The way you say it, it seems related to the extra power provided by the SB processor. So there seem to be three solutions.
1. Undervolting, which isn't possible right now.
2. Downgrading, and, as in the MacBook Air, fixing another kind of bottleneck (HD operation).
3. Better cooling through termal paste, more fans, cooling pad, etc.
Am I right here? I'd like to know more about this CPU+GPU combo in the same core, because I read it lead to further heating. Is there any truth to this?
Just because it's on steam doesn't mean you need to buy the game... Furthermore, like with Windows, you need to see if the requirements match your system or it'll run poorly.
Under volt is possible. It's pointless though especially if you're stressing the system then the fan will come on or your system will shut down
Downgrade is up to you. But any system, you stress it, fans will come on
Cooling pad just adds to the noise. You can attempt a thermal paste change but like I said, games will cause the system to run fans at max to keep it a good temperature.
It's not so much of a CPU + GPU combo, it's the heat generated by both parts of the die concentrated on a single heatsink. To be honest the older systems genereated about the same amount of wattage wasted in heat so it's not too big of a difference
Blaaze
Dec 21, 05:57 AM
Haha. I agree. The guy's like nightcrawler. Kind of goofy, but I liked the logo thing in the end, that was nicely done I think.
more...
brucem91
Apr 27, 12:25 AM
thank you for replying! but i think im doing it wrong. i tried to follow the link you had but its not working for me. can you please help walk me through it or anyone else who wants to help me? i started up my mac with the mac os x dvd and went to the disk utility but my bootcamp partition wasnt allowing me to repair it ( grayed out options ).
That link is for getting an OS X install up and running if it won't boot. That link won't work at all for windows. Flopticalcube was talking about putting the windows install DVD into your computer, and running windows startup repair from that disk.
That link is for getting an OS X install up and running if it won't boot. That link won't work at all for windows. Flopticalcube was talking about putting the windows install DVD into your computer, and running windows startup repair from that disk.
dave420
Mar 1, 09:43 AM
Don't see why Apple would make any hardware changes that would put the breaks on Jailbreaking. Unlocking is a totally different animal so we'll have to see....
There could be legitimate reasons to stop a jailbreak. They are an open security hole that allows access to the device. By closing the jailbreak they are restricting one way to access secure data stored on the device.
I like jailbreaks, but I don't like the idea that somebody can plug a password protected phone into a computer and easily download all text messages and contacts from it.
There could be legitimate reasons to stop a jailbreak. They are an open security hole that allows access to the device. By closing the jailbreak they are restricting one way to access secure data stored on the device.
I like jailbreaks, but I don't like the idea that somebody can plug a password protected phone into a computer and easily download all text messages and contacts from it.
more...
BlizzardBomb
Sep 23, 12:53 PM
The UK refurb store does. Good question :p

PowerGamerX
Apr 27, 11:08 PM
I've had no issues with SL like you're describing, including the applications you've mentioned. Remember that crashing issues may or may not be related to the OS... there's as good a chance of the software application in question being at fault as SL.
Except I've had the same results on all the machines I've had that ran Snow Leopard.
MacBook Pro 2.33ghz Late 2006
MacBook Pro 13 2.26
Mac Mini 2.26
Mac Mini 2.4
MacBook Pro 2.66
It's been equally problematic on all of them.
Except I've had the same results on all the machines I've had that ran Snow Leopard.
MacBook Pro 2.33ghz Late 2006
MacBook Pro 13 2.26
Mac Mini 2.26
Mac Mini 2.4
MacBook Pro 2.66
It's been equally problematic on all of them.
more...

takao
Apr 18, 07:09 AM
some macrumors specific parts obviously missing:
13 discussing the color and font of the light bulb box
5 discussing the actual unpacking of the light bulb
2 telling everybody to wait for the next revision
13 discussing the color and font of the light bulb box
5 discussing the actual unpacking of the light bulb
2 telling everybody to wait for the next revision
pcinfoman
Apr 29, 07:32 PM
Why would you jailbreak if you're having problems such as this? It will only make it worse.
I jailbroke it because now I can add cydia apps that bypass some shortcomings of the native iPad (password protecting specific apps, mail enhancements, widgets, etc)
Also, your post does not state that you had this problem before jail breaking. Unless it is on another thread...
In my second post on this thread, I stated that I just reset the iPad and still have the same problem.
I jailbroke it because now I can add cydia apps that bypass some shortcomings of the native iPad (password protecting specific apps, mail enhancements, widgets, etc)
Also, your post does not state that you had this problem before jail breaking. Unless it is on another thread...
In my second post on this thread, I stated that I just reset the iPad and still have the same problem.
more...

daniel767
Apr 25, 06:44 PM
sorry I should re-word what I originally said,
The software isn't cracked, I was given the software and a serial number, I presume my friend bought the software and gave me a serial number to use however I did not purchase it and I do not have the installation disks available to me anymore, all I was wondering is if I were to update the software would I need the disks to hand and if I did not purchase the software would this matter.
I am a student in the UK and I understand the MBP is expensive and the software in comparison is a negligible amount of money however I purchased this following a LONG time saving up and as I have no income except that for living costs I was glad to get some free software, I am not in the business of stealing software or piracy.
I was advised to come to these forums for help and advice from other Mac users, I didn't expect hostility and rudeness...
The software isn't cracked, I was given the software and a serial number, I presume my friend bought the software and gave me a serial number to use however I did not purchase it and I do not have the installation disks available to me anymore, all I was wondering is if I were to update the software would I need the disks to hand and if I did not purchase the software would this matter.
I am a student in the UK and I understand the MBP is expensive and the software in comparison is a negligible amount of money however I purchased this following a LONG time saving up and as I have no income except that for living costs I was glad to get some free software, I am not in the business of stealing software or piracy.
I was advised to come to these forums for help and advice from other Mac users, I didn't expect hostility and rudeness...
Sykte
Apr 19, 11:50 AM
Something like this should work. You may need to tweak the UIViewAnimationOptions.
[UIView animateWithDuration:0.8 delay:0.0 options:UIViewAnimationOptionCurveEaseInOut | UIViewAnimationOptionAllowUserInteraction animations:^(void) {
popContents.view.frame = CGRectMake(320, ypos-70, 350, 350);
} completion:^(BOOL finished) {
[self.view.superview addSubview:popContents.view];
}];
Don't forget you can nest animations inside of each other.
[UIView animateWithDuration:0.8 delay:0.0 options:UIViewAnimationOptionCurveEaseInOut | UIViewAnimationOptionAllowUserInteraction animations:^(void) {
popContents.view.frame = CGRectMake(320, ypos-70, 350, 350);
} completion:^(BOOL finished) {
[self.view.superview addSubview:popContents.view];
}];
Don't forget you can nest animations inside of each other.
more...
wrldwzrd89
Sep 28, 03:01 PM
I've been a PC user all my life...until yesterday. I just bought my first Mac. Now I want to know if there is any way that I can move my iTunes library from my PC to my PowerBook without having to rip all of my cds again.
I moved the actual song files onto my iPod in hard drive mode and then copied them to my PowerBook, but now my PowerBook will not let me import those songs into iTunes.
Suggestions? Am I SOL?
Actually, you only need to copy your whole library to the iPod's hard drive portion, then drag the entire folder to the iTunes icon on your Mac. iTunes will automatically look for songs to copy and add them to your library as needed.
I moved the actual song files onto my iPod in hard drive mode and then copied them to my PowerBook, but now my PowerBook will not let me import those songs into iTunes.
Suggestions? Am I SOL?
Actually, you only need to copy your whole library to the iPod's hard drive portion, then drag the entire folder to the iTunes icon on your Mac. iTunes will automatically look for songs to copy and add them to your library as needed.

Lopez.T.H.
Sep 26, 03:40 PM
No NANO FOR ME! My so so friend got one over the weekend. Its really scratched up already. Im gonna go for a Apple refurbed 30GB color iPod. Or a plain 20GB.
more...
macmaster24
May 4, 10:57 PM
Try resetting the PRAM
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
6. Release the keys.
On a side note. You should never install a developer preview as your primary OS.
thank you soo much dude!!
oh, will this erase anything?
and do u no how i can get snow leopard back?
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
6. Release the keys.
On a side note. You should never install a developer preview as your primary OS.
thank you soo much dude!!
oh, will this erase anything?
and do u no how i can get snow leopard back?
dylangurl21
Feb 29, 04:33 PM
Does the dent nulify the applecare? Will send paypal as soon as I find out for sure that these are stil FS>.wouldnt want to send Paypal without knowledge product is still available.
more...
juliamccorben
Nov 22, 12:20 PM
You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with your post.Thank you for all the information.
BigDukeSix
Jan 20, 09:51 PM
What the heck is a brother printer?
This is a term I am unfamiliar with.
http://www.brother-usa.com/printer/
This is a term I am unfamiliar with.
http://www.brother-usa.com/printer/

Ommid
Apr 23, 07:32 AM
Maybe the disk image you created is corrupt?
wdlove
Sep 24, 10:36 AM
Good work!
I myself am about to help another friend return to the folds.
She used to use a Mac years ago I believe, and I've been re-educating her over the past few weeks. She i believe is now keen to buy a Powerbook!
Only dilemma for me is to decide whether to help her buy a refurb or new one!
I hope that she will be successful with the purchase. The refurb is a good deal for those that want to save some money.
I myself am about to help another friend return to the folds.
She used to use a Mac years ago I believe, and I've been re-educating her over the past few weeks. She i believe is now keen to buy a Powerbook!
Only dilemma for me is to decide whether to help her buy a refurb or new one!
I hope that she will be successful with the purchase. The refurb is a good deal for those that want to save some money.
TheWart
Jun 20, 08:16 PM
I'm planning on coming. I didn't pre-order so I'll get there pretty early. I'm going to call the store this week and try to find out if they have an idea of the number of phones not already sold through pre-order.
FWIW, I was walking by the store this weekend on the way to somewhere else so I popped in and I asked one of the workers if they were planning on having very many phones beyond the pre-order batch.
He did say that they were planning on having "some" but that he wasn't sure how long that batch would last hehe.
FWIW, I was walking by the store this weekend on the way to somewhere else so I popped in and I asked one of the workers if they were planning on having very many phones beyond the pre-order batch.
He did say that they were planning on having "some" but that he wasn't sure how long that batch would last hehe.
MrMacMan
Sep 11, 10:45 PM
This forum.
Because you need to scroll all the way down just to see it.
IMO, really annoying and makes people go out of their way to get here.
Because you need to scroll all the way down just to see it.
IMO, really annoying and makes people go out of their way to get here.
aschuett
Jan 17, 11:16 AM
Nope, but must not have been anything important or else we'd have heard about it or seen an update of some sort on the apple site.
Well, time to buy then. I really hoped they would bring out ACDs there, but I guess I'll have to deal with the "old" technology.
Well, time to buy then. I really hoped they would bring out ACDs there, but I guess I'll have to deal with the "old" technology.
sikkinixx
Mar 31, 01:56 PM
Just got htis yesterday :) Should be interesting to play - only had 10 minutes to try last night.
One thing that bothers me is that this game is rated for age as 3+ and one of the mentors is described as "Smart and Sexy" Am I being a bit too much of a prude here? I dunno.
lol just a lil ;) But how the hell could a 3 year old understand how to play the gane? It requires quite of bit of planning and thinking to avoid going bankrupt, especially if you put it in FULL mode where you gotta buy and sell stocks...
One thing that bothers me is that this game is rated for age as 3+ and one of the mentors is described as "Smart and Sexy" Am I being a bit too much of a prude here? I dunno.
lol just a lil ;) But how the hell could a 3 year old understand how to play the gane? It requires quite of bit of planning and thinking to avoid going bankrupt, especially if you put it in FULL mode where you gotta buy and sell stocks...
No comments:
Post a Comment