nickdag
May 4, 09:26 AM
I just installed the Intel 320 (120 GB) and I must say that I'm amazed.. No set-up besides the TRIMenabler patch
That's great news!
Did you get the OEM or Retail version? I'm ordering the OEM version, but I don't know if I'll be missing any screws or anything.
(I don't need the cables to clone my drive - I'm gonna migrate my data files using Time Machine.)
thanks,
nick
That's great news!
Did you get the OEM or Retail version? I'm ordering the OEM version, but I don't know if I'll be missing any screws or anything.
(I don't need the cables to clone my drive - I'm gonna migrate my data files using Time Machine.)
thanks,
nick
AFPoster
Feb 21, 01:37 PM
I'm new to this so I don't know if I quoted this correctly =)
AFPoster is right. I just recently went to one but I think there was some age discrimination there because I was the only one in High School who showed up. I don't get it though, the recruiting seminar went great and I made a lot of the people laugh, I was talkative but just today got the email of death saying that they turned down my application.... What did I do wrong?!?!?!?
If the position you were applying for was full-time that could be a HUGE factor. Because how many high-school students can work from 3pm - 12am and then be able to go back to work at 10am. If it was part time maybe they felt some other applicants had a stronger resume or they may have felt they want someone with more experience. You never truly no unless you ask a manager who interviewed you. Remember this though, you didn't do anything wrong. It has nothing to do with you just a hard marketplace that we're involved in. You could have been the only high-schooler and the others might have been college graduates, or someone with a PhD that lost his job and is looking for something quick, maybe even retired people. Don't beat yourself up over it, if anything God has a plan for you. If you don't believe in God than there is a reason for everything, maybe a better position opens up and your the one for the job.
AFPoster is right. I just recently went to one but I think there was some age discrimination there because I was the only one in High School who showed up. I don't get it though, the recruiting seminar went great and I made a lot of the people laugh, I was talkative but just today got the email of death saying that they turned down my application.... What did I do wrong?!?!?!?
If the position you were applying for was full-time that could be a HUGE factor. Because how many high-school students can work from 3pm - 12am and then be able to go back to work at 10am. If it was part time maybe they felt some other applicants had a stronger resume or they may have felt they want someone with more experience. You never truly no unless you ask a manager who interviewed you. Remember this though, you didn't do anything wrong. It has nothing to do with you just a hard marketplace that we're involved in. You could have been the only high-schooler and the others might have been college graduates, or someone with a PhD that lost his job and is looking for something quick, maybe even retired people. Don't beat yourself up over it, if anything God has a plan for you. If you don't believe in God than there is a reason for everything, maybe a better position opens up and your the one for the job.
anti-microsoft
Mar 9, 10:06 AM
Ok, I know it's just a wee niggle and I knew that there would be some bashing but it's fairly annoying to see 10-15 posts that are clearly attention-seeking. I'm just saying it's a bit immature to write a post with a title that has so many question marks. Also, the type of thread that has a title like that is likely to be short, pointless and uninformative. I know I'm stereotyping here, but what I'm trying to say is: the thread title normally is just a drop of water that, when you open the thread, turns into a flood.
Ams.
Ams.
homerjward
Dec 5, 11:04 PM
wow...that code is really messy, but the site looks great!
i'm not entirely sure which boxes you're talking about either. html code really isn't all that scary in fact. once you know a few basic tags and such it's pretty easy. like here's the code to make a really basic page that says "hello world" in helvetica, size 5, green, and centered. oh, and with a title.
<html>
<head>
<title>Hi</title>
</head>
<body>
<center>
<font face="helvetica" size="5" color="green">Hello World</font>
</center>
</body>
</html>
the <html> tag tells the browser to start an html document, the <head> tells it that there's information about the page that won't be displayed in the page, the <title> opens a tag that says what to display in the title bar, the </title> says that the title is finished. the </head> says that the info about the page is done. the <body> tells what to display, basically. the <center> tells it to center the following info, the <font> tag, along with the attributes face, size, and color, and the values helvetica, 5, and green tell it how to style the text. "Hellow World" tells it the text to display. </font> tells it that that's the end of the text styled that way. </center> stops text after that from being centered, </body> ends the main info, and </html> closes the document. in general to open a tag it goes like <tag> and to close it it's <tag> and to define attributes and values it's <tag attribute="value"> and then </tag> there are, of course, exceptions...
knowing the basics of the code and such can really help you simplify the code that golive generates, and a lot of things are easier, imo, to do by hand than in golive. link targets, for example. for the life of me i cant figure out how to get a link to open in an iframe in golive without going into the source...:rolleyes:
sorry for the long post :o
i'm not entirely sure which boxes you're talking about either. html code really isn't all that scary in fact. once you know a few basic tags and such it's pretty easy. like here's the code to make a really basic page that says "hello world" in helvetica, size 5, green, and centered. oh, and with a title.
<html>
<head>
<title>Hi</title>
</head>
<body>
<center>
<font face="helvetica" size="5" color="green">Hello World</font>
</center>
</body>
</html>
the <html> tag tells the browser to start an html document, the <head> tells it that there's information about the page that won't be displayed in the page, the <title> opens a tag that says what to display in the title bar, the </title> says that the title is finished. the </head> says that the info about the page is done. the <body> tells what to display, basically. the <center> tells it to center the following info, the <font> tag, along with the attributes face, size, and color, and the values helvetica, 5, and green tell it how to style the text. "Hellow World" tells it the text to display. </font> tells it that that's the end of the text styled that way. </center> stops text after that from being centered, </body> ends the main info, and </html> closes the document. in general to open a tag it goes like <tag> and to close it it's <tag> and to define attributes and values it's <tag attribute="value"> and then </tag> there are, of course, exceptions...
knowing the basics of the code and such can really help you simplify the code that golive generates, and a lot of things are easier, imo, to do by hand than in golive. link targets, for example. for the life of me i cant figure out how to get a link to open in an iframe in golive without going into the source...:rolleyes:
sorry for the long post :o
more...
saabmp3
Jul 6, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by robotrenegade
OH MY GOD!!!! OK this only took 2 days to figure out.
My cable company (ssshhh Adelphia) does this thing called *Hardware Capture* which means the first computer to use the IP address in the only one that can. It saves the hardware code from your computer so it knows when it should and shouldn't ping it. Well i found this out and this is what i did.
1: I told them that I wanted to change my main computer to another, when I did that I hooked it up to the airport. And everything worked.
That hardware code that your talking about is the MAC address which is a method of regulating which computers are allowed to connect to their cable modem. As somebody else said, I'm surprised they let you switch it to a router, what you usually have to do is change the MAC address on the basestation to the address of what you had hooked up orginally.
BEN
OH MY GOD!!!! OK this only took 2 days to figure out.
My cable company (ssshhh Adelphia) does this thing called *Hardware Capture* which means the first computer to use the IP address in the only one that can. It saves the hardware code from your computer so it knows when it should and shouldn't ping it. Well i found this out and this is what i did.
1: I told them that I wanted to change my main computer to another, when I did that I hooked it up to the airport. And everything worked.
That hardware code that your talking about is the MAC address which is a method of regulating which computers are allowed to connect to their cable modem. As somebody else said, I'm surprised they let you switch it to a router, what you usually have to do is change the MAC address on the basestation to the address of what you had hooked up orginally.
BEN
finkmacunix
Apr 9, 05:41 PM
You find a copy on Macintosh Garden and burn it to a cd!
more...
Kaulitz
Mar 24, 11:38 AM
I will be there for around 1pm. I have scheduled around this day with my only client meeting ending at 11am. My friend will be looking after my business for the day and trying his best not to interrupt me. I will be wearing a brown jacket and probably carrying a black leather bag, if you see me say hi.
If anyone wants to buddy up in the queue then either PM me or leave a reply here and we can arrange something. It would be nice to have someone to chat to and to help hold places if we need the loo :D
If anyone wants to buddy up in the queue then either PM me or leave a reply here and we can arrange something. It would be nice to have someone to chat to and to help hold places if we need the loo :D
Durandal7
Dec 23, 01:19 PM
These forums sure did take off since you posted a link on the main site arn.
more...
Darwin
Jan 8, 05:42 PM
To use the G5 as a file server simply requires turing on File Sharing option in System Prefs > Sharing.
Depending on the OS version you can setup file sharing for Mac and Windows. Since the G5 is headless as you said you can also activate the vnc screen sharing which will allow you view and access it over the network. Ideally using wired will provide the best throughput since you will be limited to G (54mbps) speeds.
If your main aim is to share iPhoto and iTunes libraries it might be easier to setup sharing from within the apps themselves, of course iPhoto as far as i'm aware doesn't have a counterpart for Windows which can use Bonjour. That iPhoto encloses the whole library within a packaged file making it more tricky for simple file sharing.
Depending on the OS version you can setup file sharing for Mac and Windows. Since the G5 is headless as you said you can also activate the vnc screen sharing which will allow you view and access it over the network. Ideally using wired will provide the best throughput since you will be limited to G (54mbps) speeds.
If your main aim is to share iPhoto and iTunes libraries it might be easier to setup sharing from within the apps themselves, of course iPhoto as far as i'm aware doesn't have a counterpart for Windows which can use Bonjour. That iPhoto encloses the whole library within a packaged file making it more tricky for simple file sharing.
hbenitez09
Jun 18, 02:03 AM
Hopefully earlier as the Apple store here is open 24/7. I'm hoping they let us pick up our reserved ones at 7am like AT&T stores.
actually the fifth ave store will close on the 19th at 12:01 am and then reopen friday morning at 8 am
actually the fifth ave store will close on the 19th at 12:01 am and then reopen friday morning at 8 am
more...
dantiston
Apr 18, 03:55 PM
I figured it out. I did have everything figured out -- but when I was first setting up the server, I set up our test domain, (church).net to a catchall -- in server admin there was an alias set to *
I deleted the alias, set GoDaddy (which I highly despise) to point to our server, and Ta Da! Works fine.
Moral of the story. Don't use catchalls.
I deleted the alias, set GoDaddy (which I highly despise) to point to our server, and Ta Da! Works fine.
Moral of the story. Don't use catchalls.
xbuddycorex
May 2, 07:17 PM
It's not one of the first ones made, the iPhone was released on June 29th, 2007 and your phone was made in the first week of July, 2007. Therefore the initial influx of production models were already in the hands of the first customers before yours was made. It was made fairly early in the cycle, but definitely not in the first group.
more...
Mlrollin91
May 3, 01:29 AM
I've stopped using my Casio Exlim. It is a great camera, but it is just so much more convenient to use my iPhone when the quality is almost the same. Plus the video on the iPhone is so much better, so I figure why bother.
Donny Jepp
Feb 14, 06:27 PM
Cool. Way to be the most annoying person ever.
Who the **** am I annoying?
Edit: Just realized the reason you're annoyed. Poor guy living paycheck to paycheck can't even afford a free iPad.
Who the **** am I annoying?
Edit: Just realized the reason you're annoyed. Poor guy living paycheck to paycheck can't even afford a free iPad.
more...
wpotere
Feb 20, 02:15 PM
I use Crucial...
www.crucial.com
Apple has always been high priced with their products. You won't miss anything by going with another vendor.
www.crucial.com
Apple has always been high priced with their products. You won't miss anything by going with another vendor.
Ikash
Jul 2, 01:54 PM
well i've used windows computers all my life. i remember when i was litte i was amazed at what a computer could do like GAMES!! ha i've grown up on a windows computer, and didn't think windows was that bad. remember i was little. after years of Updating drivers then OOPS its crashes and the updates are ready, ready to do what screw up my computer make it crash and burn and have to talk to tech support for 6 hours.. there hasn't been a year where i haven't had to reinstall windows atlesat 20 times like last week my computer lost all my cd drive drivers so how could i reinstall without a cd i did the restore point thing and that fixed it.The first year i moved here i got a comptuer for a Xmas Presant. can't kick a gift horse in the mouth but this compter i so called go, was a Systemax you know that company the ones they sell at 3 in the morning on the home shopping network and the guys like look it can play movies and you can type AHHH well the story goes i got the computer and the video card was lose so on Xmas day my computer crashed and Burned. the whole thing got friend cuz it was lose i had to get rid of it quick so i gutted it and rebuilt it myself . i do residental and hotel network support and having to reinstall drivers or update stuff is a regular thing to me but i never knew it wasn't very nessisary with a mac well you have update but it won't mess it up.i moved to arkansas 4 years ago and i had never used a mac product. untill my friend Ijon let me use his. he told me that it doesn't freeze, doesn't crash (sound Familar) i was amazed. right then i fell in love with macs the design the way they run it was great he also told me that if it does happen to mess up you can reinstall and all your data will stay on the comp it will just reinstall the main sys files and stuff. My first apple product was a NEW 15GB Ipod i bought this year i also have a Ipod t-shirt and poster. pretty good for a starter . I think it was one of the best investments i have ever made. i am wanting to buy a new 15" powerbook but i hear there updating them really soon so the waiting, its killing me.
NO MORE CRASHING AND .DLL DUM WINDOWS PROBLEMS FOR ME.
as soon as i get my powerbook the windows pc's going on the bench or just for games.
NO MORE CRASHING AND .DLL DUM WINDOWS PROBLEMS FOR ME.
as soon as i get my powerbook the windows pc's going on the bench or just for games.
more...
mkrishnan
Apr 12, 07:35 AM
Guess I should update my 1.0 version.
You should. There're only security updates and minor bug-fixes in 1.0.1 and 1.0.2, but security updates are a good thing. ;) Also, even if you have searchplugins, the upgrade is very painless. And if you don't, then it's just drag and drop! :)
You should. There're only security updates and minor bug-fixes in 1.0.1 and 1.0.2, but security updates are a good thing. ;) Also, even if you have searchplugins, the upgrade is very painless. And if you don't, then it's just drag and drop! :)
ErikAndre
Jan 14, 12:42 PM
y dont they feed it live??
Most likely to help promote being in the keynote attendance. Or it's out of MacWorld's budget. Or Apple said no, because they want exclusive rights to the video and want to put it online on their own terms. Sounds to me like the ladder.
Most likely to help promote being in the keynote attendance. Or it's out of MacWorld's budget. Or Apple said no, because they want exclusive rights to the video and want to put it online on their own terms. Sounds to me like the ladder.
balamw
Mar 30, 07:48 AM
3. It won't work for the second star because you modify path.
path is reset at the top of the loop with the strcpy from a literal.
With you on everything else though.
B
path is reset at the top of the loop with the strcpy from a literal.
With you on everything else though.
B
Jaffa Cake
Feb 8, 04:01 PM
I would have choked that chicken to death.I would like to think you'd be brought to justice for your crime � but more likely you'd just get off with a poultry fine when you go up before the beak.
tYNS
Nov 10, 09:07 AM
I think Linux-on-iPod needs a mod player :)
That would be a fun project to do. I would love to be able to play xm/mod/it songs on my ipod.. interesting.
That would be a fun project to do. I would love to be able to play xm/mod/it songs on my ipod.. interesting.
wilywampa
May 3, 12:30 AM
It is the unibody MacBook. Will it hurt anything to try installing it?
Bobdude161
Oct 20, 04:52 AM
You spelled "soon" wrong... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: I'm so confused. lol
Dandrews524
May 3, 09:12 PM
i would say keep the 16GB iphone 4, this way you cant get screwed any more than you already have. if you send it back and he doesnt send you a 32GB then you are stuck with absolutely no iphone AND you'll be out $650
No comments:
Post a Comment