Lacero
Mar 4, 11:32 PM
Does anyone really use Illustrator CS to it's abilities to create vector artwork on the scale of photographic portraits?
sam12345-2008
May 3, 09:19 AM
Are you using the Bluetooth keyboard? That won't work with Windows XP setup. You'll need to have a wired one hooked up until after the Bootcamp drivers are installed. If you only need one program, though, you might be better off with Parallels or VMWare Fusion so that you can continue doing tasks on the Mac OS at the same time.
Parallels or Fusion it doesn't seem worth it price wise for me, not just for the one program anyway.
I have a pretty high spec Windows laptop that is used solely for this program, but it seems such a waste, and its hassle having to start that every time I need to update the data base.
Now my keyboards working again lol (it is a bluetooth one), I have the option of booting windows on start up but its the same black screen as before. I must have done something wrong, but i'm struggling to find what! It can't be the keyboard at this stage can it?
Parallels or Fusion it doesn't seem worth it price wise for me, not just for the one program anyway.
I have a pretty high spec Windows laptop that is used solely for this program, but it seems such a waste, and its hassle having to start that every time I need to update the data base.
Now my keyboards working again lol (it is a bluetooth one), I have the option of booting windows on start up but its the same black screen as before. I must have done something wrong, but i'm struggling to find what! It can't be the keyboard at this stage can it?
jdechko
Dec 5, 08:47 AM
I have a laptop that might suit your needs. It's this (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=164909) one.
If the price is right, I'd be willing to sell it. I will add some pictures tonight. The included pic is what the laptop looks like. Mine is in pretty good condition. There are only a few scratches on it.
If the price is right, I'd be willing to sell it. I will add some pictures tonight. The included pic is what the laptop looks like. Mine is in pretty good condition. There are only a few scratches on it.
h0e0h
Feb 8, 06:11 PM
Does anyone reading this own the 'new' Logitech mx1000. If so, lemme know what its like... I'm thinkin about adding one to the mini that i'm about to buy... lemme know what you guys think about it... and the mousepad that you're using w/ it if you think that it makes a difference...
more...
Macdude2010
Mar 19, 12:26 PM
Hello Everyone on Macrumors,
Just wanted to say that I am running a Developer Preview of Mac OS X Lion and it is pretty cool. There are a few bugs here and there but otherwise it works great. Has all the features that they Demoed in the Keynote in October (those are the big ones) they also changed the look of all the buttons (They look cool and more modern because the buttons have been the same since 10.0)
If anyone wants to ask me anything about it I will be happy to answer any questions
Posting a Screen Shot of one of my favorite features.
Just wanted to say that I am running a Developer Preview of Mac OS X Lion and it is pretty cool. There are a few bugs here and there but otherwise it works great. Has all the features that they Demoed in the Keynote in October (those are the big ones) they also changed the look of all the buttons (They look cool and more modern because the buttons have been the same since 10.0)
If anyone wants to ask me anything about it I will be happy to answer any questions
Posting a Screen Shot of one of my favorite features.
CMelton
Apr 26, 05:59 AM
You could maybe get an older model white one. They were wireless and had a number pad. Like this...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-Wireless-Keyboard-White-Bluetooth/dp/B0002AGDHC
Might be able to pick a cheap one up somewhere?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-Wireless-Keyboard-White-Bluetooth/dp/B0002AGDHC
Might be able to pick a cheap one up somewhere?
more...
vollspacken
Dec 31, 09:37 AM
Panic Software (www.panic.com (http://www.panic.com/)) gets my vote. (...) Go, Panic, Go.
I agree. Audion was my Mp3 player of choice in the pre-OsX days... they abandoned it though, and now it's free... I use it again now... just to pre-sort "new" MP3s so I don't mess up my iTunes library...
vSpacken
I agree. Audion was my Mp3 player of choice in the pre-OsX days... they abandoned it though, and now it's free... I use it again now... just to pre-sort "new" MP3s so I don't mess up my iTunes library...
vSpacken
SmilesLots
Apr 14, 03:44 PM
Seems that Safari or network is about 10% what it used to be in speed. I recently add the MacUpdate Spring Promo package, and seems some of the programs are POC. Not sure if this is part of the problem because the slowdown happened beore that install I think.
more...
steviem
Aug 15, 04:14 AM
Also you should be able to install the surround speakers properly on the wall where the sofa is.
Doctor Q
Jul 9, 08:37 PM
Anyone from previous Apple events at the grove have any idea how long the line can be? I was in Boston for iPhone 1.0. Anyone planning to go to an ATT store for faster service?I've been there for some events where the line snaked clear around the block. And it's a long block. Many hundreds of people. That doesn't mean this event will necessarily be the same, but it's a flagship store and gets lots of attention and business. Also, the iPhone is a product that takes longer to purchase than, say, a new version of Mac OS X.
more...
G-Mo
Apr 23, 08:38 PM
My wife has downloaded a couple of movies via itunes but for the life of me I have burned through dvd after dvd and cant get them to work. He keeps telling me I have a data error when I pop the DVD into one of our players.
What am I doing wrong?
You can't just burn movies downloaded from iTunes to DVD and have it work in your DVD player. Watch them on your computer or stream them to an Apple TV.
What am I doing wrong?
You can't just burn movies downloaded from iTunes to DVD and have it work in your DVD player. Watch them on your computer or stream them to an Apple TV.
giganten
Apr 1, 08:52 AM
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13152/Microsoft-Announces-HOMEless/
I can't wait for this :D .
I can't wait for this :D .
more...
blevins321
Feb 23, 08:41 AM
Thanks all. Pic #1 is actually a sunrise. First one I'd seen in awhile :D. I think I'm just going to stick to this being a hobby. I use Aperture3 for my library, and I'll definitely play around with the post-processing features. Didn't use them for any of the posted photos. Thanks for all the advice!
samywamy10
Apr 10, 06:51 AM
That looks pretty cool, although I'd agree I'd like to see pictures of all the angles, with the kickstand in and out etc.
I enjoy your website btw :).
I enjoy your website btw :).
more...
nefan65
Apr 28, 08:51 AM
Never had any of these issues. Used SL since it was released, and all the available updates. It's been rock solid.
Since you've pointed out a few of the apps already, why not try to eliminate the problem piece of software by process of elimination? Use one at a time, and find the culprit. If not, like the others said, do a clean install.
Since you've pointed out a few of the apps already, why not try to eliminate the problem piece of software by process of elimination? Use one at a time, and find the culprit. If not, like the others said, do a clean install.
ademuth93
Mar 24, 05:14 PM
So my school's robotics team was rummaging through a closet of stuff that was to be thrown out, and we found an Apple IIe.
I have a couple questions:
The operating system is in the ROM, right? No need for a floppy OS or something?
Does the computer need a mouse? In my reading, it seems like it doesn't.
It only had two cards inside: the 5.25 floppy card and what I think was the RAM. Does it need anything else to operate (i.e. a video card)?
Lastly, are there any things I didn't think of that I should know??
Any sweet games for it on eBay?
Thanks!:D:D
I have a couple questions:
The operating system is in the ROM, right? No need for a floppy OS or something?
Does the computer need a mouse? In my reading, it seems like it doesn't.
It only had two cards inside: the 5.25 floppy card and what I think was the RAM. Does it need anything else to operate (i.e. a video card)?
Lastly, are there any things I didn't think of that I should know??
Any sweet games for it on eBay?
Thanks!:D:D
more...

D-Love
Jan 15, 04:17 PM
I think if we were going to see a Blu Ray drive offered, it would have been part of the Mac Pro updates last week, so I'm doubting that's pending soon. There are third party drives available, though.
3G iPhone has been expected for this Summer at earliest all along, so I'd expect an announcement at WWDC in June with immediate or very soon availability. If there's not a 16GB by then I'd expect one then. We'll most likely know 100% when it's coming too, because the FCC filings have to be submitted months in advance.
Are third party drives compatible with Macbook Pro? I'm talking about one you could actually put in the notebook and use on the go. I'd like it to be fully functional for both storage and BD playback.
3G iPhone has been expected for this Summer at earliest all along, so I'd expect an announcement at WWDC in June with immediate or very soon availability. If there's not a 16GB by then I'd expect one then. We'll most likely know 100% when it's coming too, because the FCC filings have to be submitted months in advance.
Are third party drives compatible with Macbook Pro? I'm talking about one you could actually put in the notebook and use on the go. I'd like it to be fully functional for both storage and BD playback.
Dagless
May 19, 12:50 PM
again if you actaully have read the past articles you wont have to this is just a bonus type of deal good lord.:rolleyes:
So you pay some money to Sony and you get access to bonus things? That sounds an awful lot like paying for a service.
So you pay some money to Sony and you get access to bonus things? That sounds an awful lot like paying for a service.
eNcrypTioN
Mar 16, 10:56 AM
Not here to argue my infraction (although I don't really agree) but I was wondering how many infractions it takes before you are banned?
stainlessliquid
Mar 15, 11:25 AM
Its also the buggiest thing on the OS, it disables typing after a few minutes, doesnt want to load web pages some times, and everytime you skip around in a flash video it starts it as a new download without killing the old one meaning youll end up with a bunch of FLV's being downloaded at the same time killing your bandwidth and having your video stopped on sites that dont allow multiple connections.
zero2dash
Mar 16, 01:01 PM
An obvious & essential 800 point purchase :)
Don't you have enough games to play through already? LMFAO
j/k MRU :D
Don't you have enough games to play through already? LMFAO
j/k MRU :D
Dagless
Mar 26, 08:30 PM
I'm after 1 or 2 more people to add to my army of 4 other Beta testers for a game I'm working on.
There are a few requirements-
1) A PC and/or bootcamp. The beta is tied to individual systems too, so not jumping from system to system! A good controller is recommended. I'm using an Xbox 360 wired controller to dev it, all 4 face buttons, the start button and 2 shoulder buttons are in use so you'd either need something similar or you can always use a keyboard.
2) A softspot to 2D games. This may be ported to the PSP or DS, unlikely for big screened consoles. so it's 2D. In the style of Super Metroid and co. Infact it plays more like an exploration game at the beginning so theres little combat. Very retro gameplay, RPG levelling up system. That sort of thing really.
3) Commitment. It's going to be a long project with updates coming out at irregular times. But you will be expected to play through, give comments on my forum etc.
The game itself is very much in its infancy, estimated release is late 2007 and is unpaid, but full term beta testers will get free copies of the game... if you're not sick of it by this stage :p
screenshots and other info on my site! (http://satansam.co.uk/tormishire)
There are a few requirements-
1) A PC and/or bootcamp. The beta is tied to individual systems too, so not jumping from system to system! A good controller is recommended. I'm using an Xbox 360 wired controller to dev it, all 4 face buttons, the start button and 2 shoulder buttons are in use so you'd either need something similar or you can always use a keyboard.
2) A softspot to 2D games. This may be ported to the PSP or DS, unlikely for big screened consoles. so it's 2D. In the style of Super Metroid and co. Infact it plays more like an exploration game at the beginning so theres little combat. Very retro gameplay, RPG levelling up system. That sort of thing really.
3) Commitment. It's going to be a long project with updates coming out at irregular times. But you will be expected to play through, give comments on my forum etc.
The game itself is very much in its infancy, estimated release is late 2007 and is unpaid, but full term beta testers will get free copies of the game... if you're not sick of it by this stage :p
screenshots and other info on my site! (http://satansam.co.uk/tormishire)
systole
Mar 26, 08:19 PM
I have been using screen in the osx terminal to get serial access, using the following:
screen telnet /dev/tty.usbserial
Unfortunately I can't scrollback in screen, which makes copying long config files a process of :apple:-C, :apple:-V, and repeat. Any suggestions for native serial support in the osx terminal app WITH scrollback?
screen telnet /dev/tty.usbserial
Unfortunately I can't scrollback in screen, which makes copying long config files a process of :apple:-C, :apple:-V, and repeat. Any suggestions for native serial support in the osx terminal app WITH scrollback?
ndraves
May 1, 06:49 AM
One point to note is that as far as I'm aware the 'Apple' versions of the 5770 or 5870 do not have the crossfire option.
So unless both the 5770 cards are 'Windows' versions of the cards the 2nd 5770 will just be sitting there not doing anything with no monitor plugged in.
My setup if 2x5770 (normal Apple versions (Apple gave me one for free!)) but I have multiple monitors splitting the load between them.
Bottom line is get the 5870 if you need the card now but as Cindori says wait for Lion as there looks to be native support for something like the 6870.
So unless both the 5770 cards are 'Windows' versions of the cards the 2nd 5770 will just be sitting there not doing anything with no monitor plugged in.
My setup if 2x5770 (normal Apple versions (Apple gave me one for free!)) but I have multiple monitors splitting the load between them.
Bottom line is get the 5870 if you need the card now but as Cindori says wait for Lion as there looks to be native support for something like the 6870.
No comments:
Post a Comment