discounteggroll
May 6, 03:56 AM
thermal paste is only applied/re-applied when your logic board and/or heatsink is removed from the computer. This is the last thing that comes out of the macbook, and even then is incredibly hard to muck up. I think your problem lies elsewhere
Hellhammer
Apr 25, 08:23 AM
I found this interesting:
Notebook Owners
Your one-year warranty includes replacement coverage for a defective battery. You can extend your replacement coverage for a defective battery to three years from the date of your notebook purchase with the AppleCare Protection Plan. However, the AppleCare Protection Plan for notebook computers does not cover batteries that have failed or are exhibiting diminished capacity except when the failure or diminished capacity is the result of a manufacturing defect. Apple offers a battery replacement service for MacBook Air and all MacBook Pro notebooks with built-in batteries. You can purchase replacement batteries for late models of Apple notebooks directly from the Apple Store.
So what constitutes defective. Is there are criteria for measuring this that is disclosed or it it up to the repair tech?
The way I view this is that it essentially means 99.99% of the time the battery is not covered.
http://www.interrupt19.com/2009/02/09/apple-laptop-battery-defective/
That article provides some insight. In general, it has to be clearly defective before Apple will replace it. For current Macs it is 1000 cycles until it should drop below 80% but of course, Apple won't replace it if it has 999 cycles and it is at 79%.
Notebook Owners
Your one-year warranty includes replacement coverage for a defective battery. You can extend your replacement coverage for a defective battery to three years from the date of your notebook purchase with the AppleCare Protection Plan. However, the AppleCare Protection Plan for notebook computers does not cover batteries that have failed or are exhibiting diminished capacity except when the failure or diminished capacity is the result of a manufacturing defect. Apple offers a battery replacement service for MacBook Air and all MacBook Pro notebooks with built-in batteries. You can purchase replacement batteries for late models of Apple notebooks directly from the Apple Store.
So what constitutes defective. Is there are criteria for measuring this that is disclosed or it it up to the repair tech?
The way I view this is that it essentially means 99.99% of the time the battery is not covered.
http://www.interrupt19.com/2009/02/09/apple-laptop-battery-defective/
That article provides some insight. In general, it has to be clearly defective before Apple will replace it. For current Macs it is 1000 cycles until it should drop below 80% but of course, Apple won't replace it if it has 999 cycles and it is at 79%.
macingman
Apr 12, 09:16 AM
Just an update. I received my Otterbox Defender in the mail this morning and I love it. I am so confident in the case that when showing it of to a friend, I purposefully slammed it against a marble floor from a 6 feet height and I picked it up and there was not a single scratch on the case.
I have big hands so the naked iPhone 4 is to small for me but the otterbox defender makes the phone just the right size for my hands to fit around, so that is a major plus for me.
I think I'm going to be using this case for a while, probably until I upgrade phones.
I have big hands so the naked iPhone 4 is to small for me but the otterbox defender makes the phone just the right size for my hands to fit around, so that is a major plus for me.
I think I'm going to be using this case for a while, probably until I upgrade phones.
jupiteroot
Apr 20, 09:04 AM
There are many 40 pin ZIF to sata adapters out there... what's needed is actually a LIF adapter. According to other forums, this could do this job:
http://www.amazon.com/RunCore-Enclosure-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B0043090YA
I'm ordering one today and will post results.
http://www.amazon.com/RunCore-Enclosure-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B0043090YA
I'm ordering one today and will post results.
more...
mufflon
Apr 26, 02:20 AM
I'm taking the summer off, and after having saved up quite a bit of money, I'd like to visit Europe. Here's my current plan, and I'd really just like some input from fellow board members that travel a lot, have visited these places, etc.
(...)
Spain > France
I'll work my way around the south of France, before heading up to Paris.
(...)
Thanks!
Coming from sweden I've always enjoyed the following in france:
Southern part:
* Bordeaux (area) - nice red wine district - you can go sampling at most chateaus.
* Marseille (area around) - nice sandy beaches
* Carcassonne (city; one of the few wholly walled castle-cities)
Northern part:
* Normandy (area)- many nice museums and especially land marks from WW2
* Bourgogne (area) - another nice wine district, distinct differences to bordeaux
* Champagne (area) - this is where champagne is made, equally nice
There are a lot more to see in france of course, but these are the things I've appreciated the most (though normally not all wine districts on the same vacation - I'm not a drunkard :p )
(...)
Spain > France
I'll work my way around the south of France, before heading up to Paris.
(...)
Thanks!
Coming from sweden I've always enjoyed the following in france:
Southern part:
* Bordeaux (area) - nice red wine district - you can go sampling at most chateaus.
* Marseille (area around) - nice sandy beaches
* Carcassonne (city; one of the few wholly walled castle-cities)
Northern part:
* Normandy (area)- many nice museums and especially land marks from WW2
* Bourgogne (area) - another nice wine district, distinct differences to bordeaux
* Champagne (area) - this is where champagne is made, equally nice
There are a lot more to see in france of course, but these are the things I've appreciated the most (though normally not all wine districts on the same vacation - I'm not a drunkard :p )
Mvbalaj
May 5, 10:59 AM
no problem glad to help...
whats the app you used to hide the ads because i got iAdkiller and that doesnt seem to help =/
whats the app you used to hide the ads because i got iAdkiller and that doesnt seem to help =/
more...
cb911
Oct 4, 11:50 PM
heh. lack of user support? more like too much support from the warez community... ;) http://mugget.com/web_images/twisted.gif
if you dont' know what really happened to it, dig up the whole story, very interesting, amusing and scary all at the same time. :eek: :D
if you dont' know what really happened to it, dig up the whole story, very interesting, amusing and scary all at the same time. :eek: :D
the future
Oct 26, 03:02 PM
I haven't used this keyboard myself, but i've heard it comes pretty close to what you're looking for: http://www.macally.com/spec/usb/input_device/icekey.html
more...
skyf430design
Jun 29, 12:58 AM
I dropped by around 9 and there was seven people already lined up.. kinda hard to say.. im in an area where there is only one AT&T Store..
mdavey
Dec 22, 04:33 PM
I don't really understand the co-location services
I always got the impression that this was something that was driven by the service providers rather than the customers. Compared to even the cheapest 1U and blade rackmounts, the Mac mini works out better on the triplet ratio of CPUs, cost and cubic feet.
I always got the impression that this was something that was driven by the service providers rather than the customers. Compared to even the cheapest 1U and blade rackmounts, the Mac mini works out better on the triplet ratio of CPUs, cost and cubic feet.
more...
Andcont
Oct 26, 10:46 PM
This day was so much fun Leopard is so cool and I am so happy cause me and my firends were the first to get a copy.
bursty
Sep 21, 12:35 AM
I just picked up a Sony DSC-V3 for about $450. Helluva camera, normally $700 but I found it cheap online. I highly recommend it, many great features: 7.2MP, Full manual mode, awesome lens with the ability to add other lenses.
more...
missmatched
Apr 24, 10:12 AM
Hi there,
I am trying to transfer my mum and dads VHSC tapes to my mac to then edit and burn onto dvd. I have the camcorder still however the only outputs in the camera are edit, audio (white), RF DC OUT, and Video (yellow). I do also have the video adapter where you put the VHSC tapes into and play it in a VHS player. However the tv/video combo I have only has one scart and aerial output and is the vhs player I have. I do also have a mini DV camcorder with the DV output to firewire cable. Is there anyway I can hook any of these devices with another tv or straight to laptop without spending anymore money please, as I am a student and cant avoid anymore equipment. Any help and guidance appreciated, if you need anymore info please let me know.
Amy :)
I am trying to transfer my mum and dads VHSC tapes to my mac to then edit and burn onto dvd. I have the camcorder still however the only outputs in the camera are edit, audio (white), RF DC OUT, and Video (yellow). I do also have the video adapter where you put the VHSC tapes into and play it in a VHS player. However the tv/video combo I have only has one scart and aerial output and is the vhs player I have. I do also have a mini DV camcorder with the DV output to firewire cable. Is there anyway I can hook any of these devices with another tv or straight to laptop without spending anymore money please, as I am a student and cant avoid anymore equipment. Any help and guidance appreciated, if you need anymore info please let me know.
Amy :)
JSage
Mar 18, 04:26 PM
Just got back from best buy croydon. Asked a guy about the launch. He said they will be selling at 5pm and has no idea of stock levels
Not sure i'll be there at 4am!!!
This doesn't bode well if true :(
link (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1107373&page=31)
Not sure i'll be there at 4am!!!
This doesn't bode well if true :(
link (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1107373&page=31)
more...
macdroid
Apr 7, 07:59 PM
So I have owned my 2011MBP (15", 2.2GHz) for about a month now, and while it isn't slow, it doesn't feel as fast as my 3 year old C2D (E6750) based system. On my Windows machine, I can run several virtual machines, for months, without even noticing any impact on other applications such as Adobe CS3, etc. This system only has 4GB of memory, and an older 750GB HD.
If I try running just 1 virtual machine (be it XP or Windows 7), it makes the laptop almost useless, while the VM itself isn't running that fast either. I have tweaked some of the performance settings in Parallels, but nothing seems to make a difference. I upgraded to 8GB of memory, still no difference.
Is this a typical experience?
If I try running just 1 virtual machine (be it XP or Windows 7), it makes the laptop almost useless, while the VM itself isn't running that fast either. I have tweaked some of the performance settings in Parallels, but nothing seems to make a difference. I upgraded to 8GB of memory, still no difference.
Is this a typical experience?
raysmd
May 7, 12:03 AM
i think you'll miss the hi-res ag screen.
i'm also getting an imac, just haven't decided on the 27" i7 3.4 or jusr the base 27
i'm also getting an imac, just haven't decided on the 27" i7 3.4 or jusr the base 27
more...
Ommid
Apr 23, 04:00 AM
taken from this (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3641) support article:
With the iTunes Store, all sales are final. As soon as you click the
Buy button (using either 1-Click or the Shopping Cart) your purchases are charged
to the credit card on your Apple Account. You cannot cancel a purchase or receive
a refund for a purchase.
however, the iTS is known to make the occasional exception, so here's for hoping ...
I think this is shockingly bad service
With the iTunes Store, all sales are final. As soon as you click the
Buy button (using either 1-Click or the Shopping Cart) your purchases are charged
to the credit card on your Apple Account. You cannot cancel a purchase or receive
a refund for a purchase.
however, the iTS is known to make the occasional exception, so here's for hoping ...
I think this is shockingly bad service
benjayman2
Apr 20, 04:38 PM
I'm pretty sure they keyboard you order will work and I do recommend the magic trackpad for off table use.
bellis1
Feb 4, 03:34 PM
I just had to post to tell everyone how much I love this thing. How can anyone live with a one button mouse?
I has three buttones on the left side of the mouse for your thumb. I have these set for one to go forward/next/page down and one to go backward/previous/page up and then the middle one to flip between pages that are open within one application. Makes browsing macrumors and multiple threads fast especially with the scroll wheel on the top.
And then you can click the scroll whell, I have that programed for expose to only show the desktop.
And then wait, still two more buttons. One of the buttons on the scroll wheel I have programmed to expose all windows and the other to show all the windows in one application. What is that like 6 buttons?
I has three buttones on the left side of the mouse for your thumb. I have these set for one to go forward/next/page down and one to go backward/previous/page up and then the middle one to flip between pages that are open within one application. Makes browsing macrumors and multiple threads fast especially with the scroll wheel on the top.
And then you can click the scroll whell, I have that programed for expose to only show the desktop.
And then wait, still two more buttons. One of the buttons on the scroll wheel I have programmed to expose all windows and the other to show all the windows in one application. What is that like 6 buttons?
chrismacguy
Apr 27, 02:13 PM
Coolio! - *adds name to list of people who want pics*
It would also be interesting to see if the person who had it kept the HD - It is unlikely, but it could have an early development build of Mac OS X Installed - as even back then Apple had Internal Builds for Prototypes to handle all the extra I/O.
It would also be interesting to see if the person who had it kept the HD - It is unlikely, but it could have an early development build of Mac OS X Installed - as even back then Apple had Internal Builds for Prototypes to handle all the extra I/O.
jondob
May 4, 09:42 PM
I would contact Apple and they will replace the SuperDrive under AppleCare.
I don't really wanna go through all that hassle just for that...
The superdrive works fine and everything. Just a few times now it wouldnt bring the disk into the drive unless I restarted it..
I'd rather figure out the problem, I don't use the drive enough to be without my computer IF they even were to replace it.
I don't really wanna go through all that hassle just for that...
The superdrive works fine and everything. Just a few times now it wouldnt bring the disk into the drive unless I restarted it..
I'd rather figure out the problem, I don't use the drive enough to be without my computer IF they even were to replace it.
CrockAlley
Apr 16, 07:18 AM
My new display has a Mini DisplayPort, but my computer has a DVI connection. I didn't read the tech specs closely and now I have a display that can't connect to my computer. I've read about the Atlona dual link converter, but I've heard that will only work if my graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 2600) supports the resolutions that are available with the display. (I made a mistake in the subject line - my mac pro is early-2008.)
What resolutions does the 27" have, such that I may check that against my current graphic card?
I'm also thinking about just buying a new graphics card. What graphics card will both work with my computer and with the 27" display?
(The page for the ATI Radeon HD 5770 (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC742ZM/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY) at the Apple Store says mid-2010, but my Mac is early-2008. Additionally, my System Profiler says I have PCIe, whereas the previously-mentioned card need PCI Express 2.0. Are these incompatible?)
I'm a but stupid about these things, so thanks for any help.
What resolutions does the 27" have, such that I may check that against my current graphic card?
I'm also thinking about just buying a new graphics card. What graphics card will both work with my computer and with the 27" display?
(The page for the ATI Radeon HD 5770 (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC742ZM/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY) at the Apple Store says mid-2010, but my Mac is early-2008. Additionally, my System Profiler says I have PCIe, whereas the previously-mentioned card need PCI Express 2.0. Are these incompatible?)
I'm a but stupid about these things, so thanks for any help.
pmasters
Feb 4, 01:03 PM
Finally broke down and picked up a MacMini. I have a time machine backup of my MBP and all my software installed but would like to just replace the default OS on the MacMini to save me time from having to reinstall all of my software.
1) Is this possible?
2) Since the hardrive size is different between the two, if I am able to restore from my MBP image (250 GB), will the MacMini only have 250GB formatted and allocated or will it format the entire 320GB and be accessible or will I need to extend the partition to reclaim the additional 70GB?
Thanks for any advice.
1) Is this possible?
2) Since the hardrive size is different between the two, if I am able to restore from my MBP image (250 GB), will the MacMini only have 250GB formatted and allocated or will it format the entire 320GB and be accessible or will I need to extend the partition to reclaim the additional 70GB?
Thanks for any advice.
stevod
Jun 17, 11:02 AM
I was gonna head down, means an early early start though! I was about 30th in the queue for the 3g - but 7th to leave the store - but that wasn't until like 1330! with all the issues signing up to o2.
Yikes - did the paperwork and so on take hours?
S
Yikes - did the paperwork and so on take hours?
S
No comments:
Post a Comment